Preetom

Enlightened Masters/advanced Students/ Kind Souls, Please Respond With Your Hard Earned Wisdom On This One.

11 posts in this topic

I'll keep this short:

The present state of mind seems to be so dominating. When you feel good or a practice session goes well, you feel like flying up in the sky. Nothing bothers you and you feel able to take on any issue head on....Until the downfall state kicks in. A pain/emotion/disappointment/bad state throws all the wisdom and motivation out of the window. All that remains is an utter distaste and disgust accompanied by a bunch of negative/self defeating affirmations, beliefs, visualizations. Yes it eventually passes but the initial shock is just too much to rationalize with or dis identify from. It can be one of the most miserable experiences on God's green earth. So the question....

How do you deal with states that arise in the present moment without getting blown away in the first place?

Is hitting the head against wall miserably until I learn to dis identify the only way to go beyond this? 

Some people tend to have greater endurance in such situations. Are there ways to increase this capability?

Any conceptual framework, practice, mindset that helped you a lot to pass through this miserable newbie state?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom I'm no where near a master but here's what might help you:

1- Change your expectations about meditation, expect it to be challenging and difficult. There are no rainbows and unicorns! 

2- Let it come, let it be, and let it go. Your mind is not a "single thing". Consider it as a system. Hence, conflict is inevitable, that's why sages speak about the term "unified mind". The degree to which you can accept your mind's inner conflict is the degree to which you will make "progress".

3- Practice self-acceptance. Here's a practical exercise. Start noticing people around you and be aware when you judge them.In other words start practicing acceptance for another human. Then once you've mastered the skill turn it inwards and accept your self. 

Realize you're not your thoughts, REALLY grasp that, this takes mindfulness and awareness. the more you're attached to your thoughts and emotions, positivity and negativity, the more you're gonna stay stuck in them. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Preetom It's normal and part of the process. Even when you're experiencing higher states, like bliss, it's normal. It comes and it goes. It passes. Keep a journal of your journey. Express it in your life purpose in tactful ways so that the wisdom gets passed on to those who are ready for it.

I guess it's part of the process. It's like an addiction to certain states. And with every addiction the other side of the high there is the low or what you try to avoid. So it's better to look what remains or what is it in which the states appear and disappear in. This sobers you up and helps you to detach but also appreciate states that come and go.

7 hours ago, Preetom said:

The present state of mind seems to be so dominating. When you feel good or a practice session goes well, you feel like flying up in the sky. Nothing bothers you and you feel able to take on any issue head on..

Yes it's easy to have these wonderful open moments to experience.

7 hours ago, Preetom said:

Until the downfall state kicks in. A pain/emotion/disappointment/bad state throws all the wisdom and motivation out of the window. All that remains is an utter distaste and disgust accompanied by a bunch of negative/self defeating affirmations, beliefs, visualizations. Yes it eventually passes but the initial shock is just too much to rationalize with or dis identify from. It can be one of the most miserable experiences on God's green earth. So the question....

How do you deal with states that arise in the present moment without getting blown away in the first place?

First of all recognize that that is what's going on. That your mind is spewing out these thoughts. Why is it doing that? Hint: Past conditioning. It's been taught to spew it out. Don't hate it for that, it is just doing what it's been programmed to do.

Now when you recognize that is what's going on you don't need to listen to it. I advice you not to. Do something that takes your attention of your mind and into reality. Meaning your senses. Workout, go for a walk, do the dishes any physical activity. And when the mind has stopped spewing give yourself a good pat on the back for doing the activity and breaking the cycle of negative thoughts, say it out loud. Good work! The last part is important to do even if it might feel silly to. But it only feels silly because your mind has been taught not to give itself credit. To not accept compliments. So give it some time to adjust to this new way.

9 hours ago, Preetom said:

I'll keep this short:

The present state of mind seems to be so dominating. When you feel good or a practice session goes well, you feel like flying up in the sky. Nothing bothers you and you feel able to take on any issue head on....Until the downfall state kicks in. A pain/emotion/disappointment/bad state throws all the wisdom and motivation out of the window. All that remains is an utter distaste and disgust accompanied by a bunch of negative/self defeating affirmations, beliefs, visualizations. Yes it eventually passes but the initial shock is just too much to rationalize with or dis identify from. It can be one of the most miserable experiences on God's green earth. So the question....

Is hitting the head against wall miserably until I learn to dis identify the only way to go beyond this? 

Some people tend to have greater endurance in such situations. Are there ways to increase this capability?

Any conceptual framework, practice, mindset that helped you a lot to pass through this miserable newbie state?

You had me at kind soul...

You should learn how to change your own state of mind. Take ownership. State don't arise. You created them. Your choices led to that state of mind.  Also, careful not to internalize. If something undesirable happens, don't make internal statements about yourself. Skip that shit and tell yourself "I clearly don't want this, so it makes me realize I want_______" If you can make it like 2 minutes focusing on what you do want (take lots of practice) then what you found to be undesirable becomes a gift of enhancing your clarity in regards to what you do want. 

You are the only variable when it comes to your present state of mind. There is no assertion. That is good to know. It seems like all this shit going on effects one's state of mind, but it gets interpreted first and that's what we're experiencing. (Highly arguable) Notice the tiniest little glimpse of the change from flying high to the downfall and nip it in the bud right away. Stop everything and contemplate. Be hyper aware of that relativity. Don't accept losing even .000001% of the flying high state without knowing why and what you did. Do A  / B tests with everything. Like if you're feeling low, maybe it was sugar last night. Maybe it was thinking about something bummerish. Cut the sugar (A) for a week. Be aware of the difference. 

Until the permanent change happens, appreciate the the process. "Life", sleep, excercise, meditate, ready for anything; repeat daily. Not sure if you are at this point yet, but- does is help to tell you that this is all You doing you? Like, you most definitly are doing this life. It's not random. I take comfort in the amazement of that. Maybe it inspires you to know that there is a permanent lasting change and it is all so very worth it. Here's some stuff off the top of my head that I do, I hope something is useful...

Thoughts trigger the "downfall state". Everything is relative. Try to isolate it to replace it. Use all relativity to your advantage. 

There is no actual suffering. That's probably not helpful right now, but worth contemplating. Rupert has a video or two explaining this. 

If you're thinking, in your mind and presence, you're in the past or the future. Eckart Tolle is big on The Now. YouTube.

Is all of your space and surroundings aligned with where you are headed? Posters, paint colors, chalkboard paint walls, dry erase boards -to map out what you're doing / what you want. This is effective on many levels. 

Do you only talk about what you want? Life is like a buffet. Someone else might like the chicken. I don't really notice it. 

Have you spend multiple days without saying one word? 

Go to your profile here and look at your posts starting with the oldest. May help you realize how far you've come.

Read books. Learn stuff. Don't watch tv, etc- The relative effect on us is not typically desirable and subtly elusive. 

Excercise every morning listening to positive stuff, or motivation speeches, or whatever, just make it on purpose. 

Breathe awareness 24/7 

Eat what comes out of the earth. Eat as much raw food as possible. Don't underestimate that your thoughts are made out of your food. 

Get enough sleep.

Listen to Abraham Hicks. That stuff is so good in the early roller coaster stages because all you have to do is listen. 

Shrooms. 

Lol

One more thing...listen to ridiculous low range silly happy music and notice how effective it is. Shake It Off, and All About That Bass, that kind of stuff. 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Preetom

Everything expresses itself from a being essence. There are an infinte number of being essences but you embody them separately. Beings than Express oneself from this being essence. You change the being essence by inhaling it (breath in - turning inward), then as you exhale (breath out-turning outward) this being essence expresses itself and becomes visible. This happens trough a manifestation process. One gains control over the manifestation process by a conscious breath cycle. There are different ways of manifestation but for this example let's say it Works like that Thought -> Feeling -> emotion -> action -> habit -> character -> destiny. So one deals effectively with the states by disidentifying from the mind (thought). This is a process of rising awareness and consciousness. The more awarness and consciousness is embodied in the 3D vehicle (body) the more centered with the True self one is. The challenge is that the body can store identifications with the mind. The more awarness and consciousness is embodied in the body the more identifications with the mind come to the surface as a challenge for your True self to deal with. The more your being your True self the more centered you become in the process. This is a process of purification. As a result of this purification process your True self is embodied in the body and then you can switch between states without any resistance. This is downloading your True self into yourself.

Reality generation circuit by Bashar.

b609a8f85268b4715ee26c0b0804cdf0--circuit-workshop.jpg

Then once the experience is collected, the True Self, if One is being it,  can re-adjust to bring into creation higher essences of being which have a higher electromagnetic frequency associated with them into physical existence.  As a result of these higher electromagnetic frequencies the physical matter starts to vibrate higher, the body becomes less dense (less resistance is stuck in the body). "All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent "mind". This "mind" is the matrix of all matter. ~ Max Planck"

Funny how you put it into words. The disidentification process is not a miserable process. It's a process of being your True Self. This is the most magnificient and devine process. At the end of it your True Self is embodied and you become centered with the source. This means Synchronized with source. Synchronizing yourself with what you truly are. The left and right brain hemisfere become synchronized and than can act as one brain, not as a left and right brain.

source.png

Yes. Get rid of addictions. Release energy blockages (different techniques). Activate energy centers and meridians with Light Language Activation. Eat healthy with a lot of fresh organic vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts. Use ascension tools such as the Gammatron key from Arcturus Ra and the alchemy Holy Grail (watch the videos from Arcturus RA on YouTube).

When the thoughts come to the surface SLOW down their manifestation (the process which I mentioned above).  Slow the manifestation with awarness. Once thoughts go by, you're free to act. After a while this same thoughts Will test You again and You Will have to stay in the center and not go off balance. After a while these thoughts Will not present themselves again and you Will be truly free. This is a process.

Edited by AleksM

Thanks guys! The level of cooperation and understanding of this place is just phenomenal. Its actually hard to stick here and not do the work for long :D

Maybe I'll open a journal here to record my journey and stuff so that newbies after me can find some concrete and real info on the work that's necessary.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

First of all, I loved your humility in pledging for help.

I know how you feel. I know how it is like to be overwhelmed by low-vibrational emotions.

One thing that can really help you is emotional support. You might not know it, but there might be a spiritual seeker in your neighborhood :)

So...

Real Sangha > Community of Friends

You have no idea how you change just by being in the presence of a high-consciousness person.

The practice becomes so much smoother when you are around such individuals. 99% of your drama disappears, and you finally start living in the present fucking moment. as it is.

If you still wanna go solo:

Keep facing your fears and your dark emotions!

But, please, if it becomes too overwhelming, please reach out someone. There is somebody in your life that listens to you. It can even be your mom. (Spoiler alert: it turns out it can even be yourself).

> Become the one gives all the emotional support your inner child wants. <

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, MY FRIEND