Ariel

The Way Of The Superior Man - Chapter 11 (i'm Confused)

14 posts in this topic

I'll quote a few lines from the book:

"Everything in your life, from your diet to your career, must be aligned with your purpose if you are to act with coherence and integrity in the world".

What does David Deida tries to tell us? He said that even our diet should be according to our purpose. Does it mean that if the gym is not aligned with my purpose, then it is a waste of time kind of?

What do you think? I'm so confused right now.

@Ariel how am i supposed to achieve the perfection of an yogi if i eat on mcdonald's every saturday?

unborn Truth

@ajasatya one cheat meal per week is not bad at all imo if the rest of your diet is clean 

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

11 minutes ago, LiakosN said:

@ajasatya one cheat meal per week is not bad at all imo if the rest of your diet is clean 

removing those "one cheat <event>" excuses is the hardest part. it's harder than cleaning gross impurities.

unborn Truth

56 minutes ago, LiakosN said:

The whole point of having a clean diet is to have 0 toxicities in your body.

So this excuse is really really lame, because it shows you that you're lying to yourself and/or fear to loose approval from your friends/family.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

that was one of the best books ive read on relf improvement. Lots of great insights on women, and approaching enlightenment in a brute force "fuck women and world to smithereens" kind of way. In my opinion the best part was the last chapters on "sexual transmutation". ive felt great results from that practice.

Now I didn't read this book, am aspiring to, but I feel his point is that you need to take care of all facets in life, in order to truly strive for your potential. Like, if you GENUINELY want to like change the world, then the best way is to like go to the gym, because that would give you more energy and health to focus even more intensely on your purpose. 

It's all exponential right. Doing positive things leads to more positive things, which makes it easier to double down on more positive things, which leads to even more positive things, spiraling away. If you dedicate yourself to excellence, it should be true in whatever you do. For example also have a clean house, establish the mentality of keeping things in order and ease. It will seap in to different facets, atleast this is how I recognize my psychology to operate.

Endless nuance

Now another tip I feel is important for me, is making me think of the statement "All things in moderation, including moderation." 

Don't try to be too perfect at once. Chillout, establish positive routines, one after one and grow yourself slowly but steadily greater and feel content in where you are at the moment. Without optimism, I sometimes experience intense feelings of inevitably failure and disbelief so I understand the HEAVY necessity for this mental skill of positive thinking.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)

Endless nuance

I remember Osho said in a book that a meditator's diet have to be light with lots of vegetables. For example if your purpose requires mental performance, intelligence, intuition you need low sugar foods, and easy digestible foods so dont require so much blood to your stomach and the full potential goes to your brain.

In the other way your purpose requires physical habilities then you need the sport-fitness diet with lots of carbs and proteins.

Also I know that being in ketosis enhances mental processes.

I am a musician, I play in bands. In theory, members of a band have as a purpose to make music and be great.

But I had many problems, specially with the drummers, because of their other activites that undermine their performance. For example: the gym, sports. One time, the drummer would play in a slower tempo than usual (and with less energy and spice), because he had sprinted his ankle playing football earlier during the afternoon. That means that music is not your purpose, it's just one more activity, like football, the gym, etc.

So yeah, you should definitely cut off anything that is not aligned with your purpose, once you've definitely figured it out, that is.

I've read that book twice and then skipped around in it the third time.  The book was written a long time ago. I would suggest checking out the What the Health documentary on Netflix and aspire to eat a green veggie diet.  I've been doing that with Leo's soup recipe for the past couple of weeks now & it has a very interesting effect on the mind.  When I'm out of soup, I fall back on veggie junk food.

So far, all of my gut pains & any gastrointestinal distress from the standard American diet in the past, is gone & my body has an empty feeling to it...like water.  At the same time, my mood feels elevated.

If you're a professional athlete however, I suppose you would follow your diet advice from your coach, but if possible, this going veggie has been an incredible experience.  I've been doing self-development for about 5 years & I've only started doing veggie diets this summer.  Finally.

Disclaimer: I haven't given up dairy (greek yogurt, fat free cottage cheese), Krill pills, and my Bulletproof Coffee ingredients.  But the diet is still working to great effect.  Hopefully, I'll have another blood checkup soon & will see how it's turning out.  I've drank Bulletproof Coffee for 1.5 years now & haven't had any ill effects either, just by the by.