egoless

Who Decides To Get Enlightened?

18 posts in this topic

If our ego is an illusion and thus free will does not exist then who makes the decision to get on path of enlightenment. Should we force it or it will happen as it was intended by reality itself? I don't quite understand this paradoxical point here. If the ego is an illusion and does not exist in reality then why are we blinded by it initially?

@egoless Why shouldn't you be blinded by it if it is an illusion? The whole point of an illusion is to be perceived as real. Otherwise it would not be an illusion. If no free will exists, then it doesn't matter if you force it, because even the forcing is part of the happening. The best move imo is to pretend like everybody that you have free will, because that is just your current perceived reality. 

I think Adyashanti said "The ego starts the journey to enlightenment and truth finishes it"

Edited by Echoes

@egoless Nobody decides to get enlightened. You are awarness and once awarness becomes aware of something more than itself (more aware of itself- aware of more awarness) than awarness expands.

The ego is just playing a game that this Will somehow benefit it without knowing that it Will not benefit it at all, it Will destroy it. Ego does something for a benefit for itself but enlightenment ultimatelly Will destroy the ego but the ego doesn't want to know that and so it keeps doing the work.

The ego can see only his boundaries of perception, when something goes beyond the perception of ego, awarness expands.

The ego thinks it Will get something for itself initialy and that allows us to pursue the perceived benefits of enlightenment, that keeps you doing the work. The ego Will not get the perceived benefits of enlightenment by maintaining itself, ego thinks it Will get the benefit by being more ego, but the process ultimatelly is not to help it be more of itself but to transcend it.

This is how ego tricks itself into being enlightened - by somehow expecting that it Will benefit his current perception and not realizing that awarness Will dissolve it.

Enlightenment is for the ego the biggest disappointment.

@egoless  you are an actor in the story You are writing. you can finish it out as you, the actor - or you can become the the writer. A long causation of choices led to your typing here, and a long causation will follow. You win either way, because we're all headed back to The One that we are, currently veiled. However, being the actor who know's he's the writer is amazing. Every moment, is amazing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Those who seek shall find but ultimately i believe everything is in its own divine play or in its own divine way, whichever works :)

B R E A T H E

Yes but if I believe that everything is predetermined then why would I care about taking decisions. Why does ego "exist" at all? What is the explanation for that? If we are reality itself why did it "blind" itself to then "unblind" aka Enlighten again?

@egoless

The ego is an accumulated phenomenon, a by-product of living with others. If a child lives totally alone, he will never come to grow an ego. But that is not going to help. He will remain like an animal. That doesn't mean that he will come to know the real self, no.

The real can be known only through the false, so the ego is a must. One has to pass through it. It is a discipline. The real can be known only through the illusion. You cannot know the truth directly. First you have to know that which is not true. First you have to encounter the untrue. Through that encounter you become capable of knowing the truth.

It's amazing the types of mystical stories that people convince themselves of to explain away the stories they face every day in life. Accepting things as they are and not judging or labeling them in concepts that create the theories which fill the paradigms of the mind is too simple, they are still addicted to the stories, they just change them.

If you do the Trinfinity beginner course untill the part where it shows you how to notice beigness in everything, come back to lesson 1 and use it as your self inquiry.

You might just have a existential crisis ;)

EIth1Hr.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

the illusion of a world is a valid exploration of infinity
we are the universe, the universe is infinity exploring itself, life exploring life
it wouldn't be an infinite universe if life wasn't explored with the illusion of the mind wouldn't it?
there are many civilizations that live without the illusion of division, and we are about to become one of them

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

52 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

the illusion of a world is a valid exploration of infinity
we are the universe, the universe is infinity exploring itself, life exploring life
it wouldn't be an infinite universe if life wasn't explored with the illusion of the mind wouldn't it?
there are many civilizations that live without the illusion of division, and we are about to become one of them

Which civilizations do you mean?

6 hours ago, egoless said:

Which civilizations do you mean?

infinite ones, the universe is infinite

more specifically I learned about those civilizations through channeled entities material. 
that doesn't matter though, to understand more the quality of infinity is great for enlightenment

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Don't cling too tightly to any story.  Reality don't have nothing to do with stories.  Learn how to dynamically balance the stories in your life to actualize your life-purpose.  Don't cling too much to any story, including the enlightenment story.  You do stories, don't let stories do you.  You want to completely see the mind-matrix for what it is (and what it is not) and perfect your being, thoughts, and actions in the present moment.  A mistake I see a lot more and more is people spiritually-bypassing in enlightenment stories.  You get out there and do your life-purpose work!  Don't let your ego hang you up with need to know.  Act out into the world and get outside of the mind-matrix.  Accomplishing a big life is scary work, and the ego would much rather prefer the comfort of dwelling in idea-land within enlightenment stories all day.  So take heed of this trap.  A lot of very smart people fall into this trap.  Life is not to be lived in the head, in books, in stories.  That's a way to hide from life.  It's a comfort trap.  The ego will work its ass off to convince you to choose comfort, and you'll rationalize why that path is good, which is the deadly combination, the trap of all traps.  

The story that there is no free will is just a story.  You need to decide how to use this story in the moment, along with other stories in the moment to maintain emotional mastery and focus on your life-purpose.  So, see, use the stories and hold them loosely to dynamically balance your actions in the moment.  That's the big-picture.  You ain't stuck in the mind-matrix sipping tea when you do this work.  You're going out there, outside of your head and comfort-zone and you're killing it everyday taking massive action to implement your life-purpose.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 8/11/2017 at 3:42 AM, egoless said:

If the ego is an illusion and does not exist in reality then why are we blinded by it initially?

because it's goddam subtle, and another layers of layers of ego/illusion said that "you" are real. Another thing is we assume existence like "the physical reality existence" is not a belief/concept, where in fact existence and non-existence is one. You exist as physical thing but the substance of that- is also Nothing. No one decided to be Enlightened , Enlightenment just occurred.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:42 PM, egoless said:

If our ego is an illusion and thus free will does not exist then who makes the decision to get on path of enlightenment. Should we force it or it will happen as it was intended by reality itself? I don't quite understand this paradoxical point here. If the ego is an illusion and does not exist in reality then why are we blinded by it initially?

Everything you said here is just story.  Enlightenment stories are stories too.  A lot of people seem to be falling into the trap of clinging ideologically to enlightenment stories.  Be careful!  All beliefs should be held loosely, even enlightenment beliefs.  This is a difficult thing to realize, and I just recently had this epiphany which really opened my eyes as to what enlightenment really is.  Enlightenment is not ideology.  Saying the ego is illusory is a thought-story and therefore not part of reality.  Reality, untouched by our conceptual-fantasy-weaving (insofar as we can see reality) is unmarred and unaffected by our need to know and need to believe.   Enlightenment is knowing how to arms-length the mind, the mind-matrix, and beliefs.  This is what enlightenment is -- seeing everything as it is and being everything as it is.  Not trying to pidgen-hole reality into a new ideology.  Reality laughs at this very human activity -- this "need" to cling too-tightly to beliefs.  Once you see things as they are, all your perplexities fall away and you can focus on your life-purpose without getting hung-up on a plethora of stupid issues that will stunt your growth and stunt your life if you don't learn what is important to focus on and what is not important to focus on in a situation.  You'll be living a self-handicapped life, a diminished life.  Enlightenment grounds you so you can actually do what it is that you know you should be doing in a situation.  Enlightenment gives you both emotional-mastery and Truth.  Don't pooh-pooh the former in preference to the latter.  

Video on point to watch:  (I'm not saying Emerald agrees with anything that I wrote above by the way.  This video made an impact on me.)

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I just want to know that after "Enlightenment" I will become even more positive human being who is capable of even more love and caring for people. I don't want to turn into cold blooded noone who has no compassion for others if bad things happen around! I hate all the evil and I don't want to loose that judgement! That is what scares me most about Enlightenment! How can someone say that murder and other horrible crimes are not evil and it is just neutral?! I don't want to be that man... 

Edited by egoless