Joseph Maynor

What's Missing From This List Of Daily Personal Development Practices?

31 posts in this topic

meditation @Loreena one thing i noticed is that it all starts with "self control". doing nothing but being still with your back straight on a chair for x amount of time seems to be something thats helping me be way more productive than i have been. even in the mist of me falling to pieces. which i have been lately but im on day 3 and so far i see myself sort of getting a grip on myself and being "more" productive. it all starts with momentum. keeping momentum alive. starting with small things we know "we can control" and gradually increasing the effort. 

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

If you've for real implemented all of these activities and are able to stick to them, then you're one solid being. Here I'm grappling with sticking with just one simple consistent yoga habit for the past 3 months. Gosh, how do you do it?

- do nothing, just be

keep in mind that if you have to consciously plan an activity,constantly keep track of it in the past and the future and schedule it, you haven't mastered it vibrationally 
activities that flow out of you naturally when you don't try to plan anything are the ones you have under your belt, you just do them because you feel like doing them, no planning or thinking involved, those are the ones that you have under your belt. 

it is an illusion of the mind to make you think you can do all these activities, when it is not you doing them, as more as it is a way
your mind to constantly make you think of doing them, the more things you keep track off, the more you have to think
it is really not that easy to integrate this many activities, the size of your list is really a hint as to what your mind is trying to do

it is certainly not bad, it is actually good because you are trying, just keep in mind the illusion,
it should take a few days to a week or two to integrate a single activity in your natural vibration, by feeling it
playing around with it, letting infinity flow in and out, allowing attachment and detachment, tuning in to it,
till you achieve a natural balance
the sign of natural balance is that you do not have to plan the activity
you will do the activity when you feel like doing it, not because 24 hours have passed, a sign of balance is that 3 days can go by without you
doing the activity and you won't feel bad, then suddenly you feel like doing it, then maybe you do it for a week then stop for a week, it is truly
outside the grasp of the mind when you will do the activity. 

so my best advice is instead of making a list of activities that you do everyday
make a list of activities that you do when you feel like doing them, this way you're focusing more on the aspect of being instead of thinking
if that it is too hard though, to just aim to do them everyday is amazing as well, there is advancement is every path, because infinity is everywhere
there are lessons everywhere, everywhere you go, life is, you can never do bad, you're perfect -

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I decided to cross calendar tracking system off my personal list.  Too cumbersome for me.  This was where I was printing off a calendar sheet for particular tasks and checking off the box when I completed the task everyday.  Just got too unwieldy for me.  But don't let that deter you.  You try all of them.  What works for me probably is not what will work for you.  This stuff is very idiosyncratic.

On 11 augusti 2017 at 8:56 AM, Vaishnavi said:

If you've for real implemented all of these activities and are able to stick to them, then you're one solid being. Here I'm grappling with sticking with just one simple consistent yoga habit for the past 3 months. Gosh, how do you do it?

@Vaishnavi Haha I feel you :D 

Scheduling every part of your day with productivity tasks and self-help techniques is not necessarily the way to go. For one thing, it's gonna be very hard to sustain.

Yeah, that was my reaction.  If you can diligently execute every thing on that list, more power to you.   Otherwise, it's not about what you put on a list, it's about what you will realistically do that matters.

@Joseph Maynor Sounds like a good plan. Definitely more dedicated than my current one. I say go for it. If you think that you can accomplish this every day for the rest of your life, then don't let anyone tell you that you can't. To avoid burn-out though, you may want to break up some of the nonessential ones into a few times a week instead of every day. 

If you are looking for something to add to the list, I have recently become very interested in automatic writing. Most of the information online turns it into something mystical, but it can 100% be used to get in touch with yourself only, and provide guidance from deep within. Get to the point where you can start only writing down the very word that comes to mind in that instant, word by word, and you will be surprised what you have to say. You will learn so many things about yourself that you didn't know before, because it was hidden. It is very similar to journaling, but you teach yourself not to be in control of what is being written down. You channel your inner voice. I do this in my journal entries so I don't have to keep them in separate notebooks. You can easily switch back and forth between journaling and automatic writing (which I like to call "Free writing"), in the same session, and begin asking yourself questions. 

Some things I find useful:

Cutting out internet and caffeine addiction.

Acceptance and Commitment Therapy techniques.

Hypnosis.

Meditation: The Five Remembrances, Mindfulness and Loving-Kindness.

Diet, supplements+ exercise.

In my opinion, I honestly think that it's unnecessary to have all of these habits. I guess it depends how you feel about doing them. Don't see this as hard work. It should be fun and effortless. Don't feel you have to do all of them because they are required or because someone has said you should. Do them because you want to do them. I personally do one habit in each area of life and that works fine with me. This is just my opinion so  you don't have to believe a word I say :)

Edited by Lawrence

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

in my list I have only One Goal: enjoy whatever happens during the day