Shanmugam

A Mega Thread Of Osho - The Spiritually Incorrect Mystic

80 posts in this topic

Freedom from the limited self imposed space of thought there is a infinite spaciousness of wholeness. Where there is duality and fragmentation wholeness is not.

Nice one @Shanmugam

16 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Freedom from the limited self imposed space of thought there is a infinite spaciousness of wholeness. Where there is duality and fragmentation wholeness is not.

Nice one @Shanmugam

That is a quote by Osho by the way. I received it today in the email and I just pasted it here.. :) . Will be using this thread to post only the quotes of Osho.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

YOU ARE already enlightened. You need not be enlightened. You have simply forgotten; it is a kind of forgetfulness. Not that you have to become -- you ARE that. Just a recognition, just a turning in, just a deep look inside yourself... and you will start laughing. You have always been there! You had never left i n the first place. Enlightenment is your nature.

Enlightenment is a joke because it is not something that you have to achieve, yet you have to make all possible efforts to achieve it. It is already the case: you are born enlightened.

The word "enlightenment" is beautiful. We come from the source, the ultimate source of light. We are small rays of that sun, and howsoever far away we may have gone, our nature remains the same. Nobody can go against his real nature: you can forget about it, but you cannot lose it. Hence attaining it is not the right expression; it is not attained, it is only remembered. That's why Buddha called his method SAMMASATI.

Sammasati means right remembrance of that which is already there. Nanak, Kabir, Raidas, they have all called it SURATI. Surati means remembering the forgotten, but not the lost. Whether you remember or not, it is there -- it is there exactly the same. You can keep your eyes closed to it -- it is there. You can open your eyes -- it is there. You can keep it behind your back -- it is there. You can take a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree turn and see it -- it is there. It is the same.

George Gurdjieff used to call his method self-remembering. Nothing has to be achieved, nothing at all, but only to be discovered. And the discovery is needed because we go on gathering dust on our mirrors. The mirror is there covered by the dust. Remove the dust, and the mirror starts reflecting the stars, the beyond. Krishnamurti calls it awareness, alertness, attentiveness. These are different expressions for the same phenomenon. They are to remind you that you are not to go anywhere, not to be somebody else. You just have to find out who you are, and the finding is not difficult because it is your nature -- just a little reshuffling inside, a little cleaning.

Osho- Come, Come, Yet Again Come, Chapter #14

Prabhaker - Forum Thread: "What Does It Mean That Everybody Is Already Enlightened?", Reply #3 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo You can take Dodo out of the source, but you can't take the source out of Dodo. ;) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Just now, MarkusSweden said:

@Dodo You can take Dodo out of the source, but you can't take the source out of Dodo. ;) 

What happens in source stays in source :D 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

LISTEN ATTENTIVELY

I know you are absolutely in a drunken state. Everything is upside down in you, everything is in a mess. You don't know what you are doing, why you are doing it. You don't know why you are here in the first place! But I know perfectly well why I am here and what I am doing. I am trying to wake you up - you are fast asleep.

Just take one thing seriously and that is to become more and more alert of your sleepiness. And all my efforts here, sutras or jokes, are nothing but means to wake you. Sometimes a joke can wake you up more easily than a serious sutra because listening to a serious sutra you tend to fall deeper into sleep; it is so serious that you can't be awakened by it. But a joke is so light that you don't want to miss it; you listen attentively.

- Osho

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

You are Carrying your Wound

You carry your wound. With the ego, your whole being is a wound. And you carry it around. Nobody is interested in hurting you, nobody is positively waiting to hurt you; everybody is engaged in safeguarding his own wound. Who has got the energy? But still it happens, because you are so ready to be wounded, so ready, just waiting on the brink for anything.

You cannot touch a man of Tao. Why? - because there is no one to be touched. There is no wound. He is healthy, healed, whole. This word whole is beautiful. The word heal comes from the whole, and the word holy also comes from the whole. He is whole, healed, holy.

Be aware of your wound. Don't help it to grow, let it be healed; and it will be healed only when you move to the roots. The less the head, the more the wound will heal; with no head there is no wound. Live a headless life. Move as a total being, and accept things.

Just for twenty-four hours, try it - total acceptance, whatsoever happens. Someone insults you, accept it; don't react, and see what happens. Suddenly you will feel an energy flowing in you that you have not felt before.

- Osho; from 'The Empty Boat: Encounters with Nothingness'

Shanmugam 

9 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

You are Carrying your Wound

You carry your wound. With the ego, your whole being is a wound. And you carry it around. Nobody is interested in hurting you, nobody is positively waiting to hurt you; everybody is engaged in safeguarding his own wound. Who has got the energy? But still it happens, because you are so ready to be wounded, so ready, just waiting on the brink for anything.

You cannot touch a man of Tao. Why? - because there is no one to be touched. There is no wound. He is healthy, healed, whole. This word whole is beautiful. The word heal comes from the whole, and the word holy also comes from the whole. He is whole, healed, holy.

Be aware of your wound. Don't help it to grow, let it be healed; and it will be healed only when you move to the roots. The less the head, the more the wound will heal; with no head there is no wound. Live a headless life. Move as a total being, and accept things.

Just for twenty-four hours, try it - total acceptance, whatsoever happens. Someone insults you, accept it; don't react, and see what happens. Suddenly you will feel an energy flowing in you that you have not felt before.

- Osho; from 'The Empty Boat: Encounters with Nothingness'

One who is holy has no head. When fragmentation ends there is wholeness, and when there is wholeness there is no fear,  and therefore compassion is. Love has no death. Living a holy life is an art. The art of living. 

THE SECRET

There is only one secret which is not part of the mind, and that is witnessing, watching. Thoughts are passing, desires are moving, memories are coming and going like clouds in the sky and you are sitting silently simply watching, not doing anything. If you do anything immediately the mind starts functioning. What you do does not matter - doing is part of mind. A non-doing witnessing, just witnessing, as if a mirror goes on witnessing whatsoever passes by - that is awareness. And that awareness takes you beyond the mind. It is true meditation.

Osho

Shanmugam 

11 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

THE SECRET

There is only one secret which is not part of the mind, and that is witnessing, watching. Thoughts are passing, desires are moving, memories are coming and going like clouds in the sky and you are sitting silently simply watching, not doing anything. If you do anything immediately the mind starts functioning. What you do does not matter - doing is part of mind. A non-doing witnessing, just witnessing, as if a mirror goes on witnessing whatsoever passes by - that is awareness. And that awareness takes you beyond the mind. It is true meditation.

Osho

Nice one??

Perception/attention is the action of truth. Awareness means the observer is not. 

A NEW DAY

In the morning remember it is a new day, a new beginning. Have a decision deep in your heart that "Today I am not going to waste this opportunity. Enough is enough! Today I am going to be aware, today I am going to be alert, today I am going to devote as much energy as possible to the single cause, the cause of meditation. I will meditate in all my acts. I will do all the activities, the usual day-to-day activities, but with a new quality: I will bring the quality of awareness to them."

Osho

Shanmugam 

Osho was the fist one who opened my eyes to this path, I,v listen and read a lot from him. Many things he said and the way he said it, make most non-dual teachers fall short. He changed my life!

Still, I can not, after listening to interviews from people around him, not stop to suspect that he had periods of low-conscious-behavior. 

@Shanmugam You never suspected that?

i am not talking about the Rolls Royces, the gold and the common criticism about him, more about the way he treated people at the ashram in Oregon.

Sure he was using conventional methods but a lot of things he did I can´t find not ego motivated. Am I totally wrong?

5 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

Still, I can not, after listening to interviews from people around him, not stop to suspect that he had periods of low-conscious-behavior. 

@Shanmugam You never suspected that?

I have. But not based on the interviews of other people, because their views could be extremely biased. There are two people Satya Bharti Franklin and Hugh Milne who has written books criticizing Osho. But just by reading few pages of Hugh Milne's book, I can tell that he has misunderstood Osho's teachings and his tone itself conveys that he could have made up many things.

But Osho did have biases, imperfections etc and he never said he is infallible. Also, I suspect he got actually addicted to nitrous oxide when he was in the US..

Shanmugam 

13 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

I have. But not based on the interviews of other people, because their views could be extremely biased. There are two people Satya Bharti Franklin and Hugh Milne who has written books criticizing Osho. But just by reading few pages of Hugh Milne's book, I can tell that he has misunderstood Osho's teachings and his tone itself conveys that he could have made up many things.

Yes a lot of biased storytelling has been done about him.

14 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

But Osho did have biases, imperfections etc and he never said he is infallible. Also, I suspect he got actually addicted to nitrous oxide when he was in the US..

Of course he was not perfect, but (for me) he sometimes seemed to do the straight opposite of his own core message.

@Shanmugam  Thanks.:)

AWARENESS HOLDS ALL

Man is very tiny if you look at his body, man is very foolish if you look at his mind, and man is tremendously vast if you look at his consciousness. Three things meet in man. The vast, the infinite, meet in his consciousness, in his awareness. That's what you become aware of when you meditate: boundaries recede and disappear. 

The body does not contain you; in fact, you contain the body. Ordinarily you think, "I exist in the body." It is absolutely wrong. The body exists in you; you are vaster, you are bigger - not only bigger than the body, you are bigger than this whole universe. It is awareness that holds all.

Osho

Shanmugam 

1 hour ago, Shanmugam said:

AWARENESS HOLDS ALL

Man is very tiny if you look at his body, man is very foolish if you look at his mind, and man is tremendously vast if you look at his consciousness. Three things meet in man. The vast, the infinite, meet in his consciousness, in his awareness. That's what you become aware of when you meditate: boundaries recede and disappear. 

The body does not contain you; in fact, you contain the body. Ordinarily you think, "I exist in the body." It is absolutely wrong. The body exists in you; you are vaster, you are bigger - not only bigger than the body, you are bigger than this whole universe. It is awareness that holds all.

Osho

Good stuff

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Saumaya where does awareness exist? the object inside us? i always thought it was the brain\mind