Scarecrow

Meditation With Music - Yes/no

19 posts in this topic

Can you meditate while listening to ambient music or does that ruin the meditation?

Personally it helps. The ambient sounds of monks chanting and birds singing help me to get to a different place. I use an app called Calm. It has many tracks so i'm sure you can find something there to fit your needs. You can also look up a variety of sounds and music from the internet. I personally suggest 432 hz music what you can find on youtube, especcially Ambassidor Ehani's tracks. 

I've recently started to listen vaporwave which for some odd reason has had a good effect on my meditation and thought proccess. So you can also check that out.

If you see that it distracts you from meditating then there's no need to listen to music.

Good luck in meditating :)

Depending on the music, most of the music has emotional progressions, they are fun and they can help you to become energetically motivated and stimulate any emotional state depending on the music mood, when you listen to emotional music carefully you are already being meditative but not necessarily spiritual. because emotional music has lots ups and downs and it will stimulate the visual imagination which will distract the essence of spiritual meditation. but it's up to you how do you feel best,
regarding a spiritual meditation, I personally would recommend it with silence, or steady white noise or brown noise, or repetitive beats or mantra, or ambient one mood music that has no surprises and ups and downs.

Edited by Rufus

For me I think it's possible to meditate with ambient or drone music as background music. Despite this I'm not doing it because I'm targeting to be able to meditate everytime and everywhere - not only when I'm in the right setting with the right music and so on ....

This:

And the Tinnitus afterwards, mmmmhhh!

Personally I prefer meditation with no artifitial noise added.

If my fridge turns on or when neighbours are talking loudly, that's the way things are. Reality. But when I play some drones, sea-waves, rainymood or anything, it just distracts me. Because those things aren't real, it's artifitial. Maybe there are sounds that help your brainwaves to calm etc, but my point is that I could just like that start intoxicating myself to enhace/adjust the meditative experience. That is fairly exaggerated, of course. The point being, if I need something to make it easier or different, then I'm not doing it right.

I think meditating with and without music has its own benefits. Or music before meditating is also good. I honestly just wanted to share this track because it is so good.(For a background music) 

Listening to the music is not wrong. But don't let the music take you away.

Is it okay to use meditation music when doing meditation. I only use it when there is a lot of outside noise (tv, talking on phone etc.) Does this interfere with my meditation gains? Thanks

I prefer to meditate with no noise at all. Since there may be noise where I live, I use ear plugs. However, once in a while I log into youtube and use meditation music, just to change it a bit.

I do believe that the types of noise you are listening to, TV, Talking on phone and all those interfere with the experience, while other type of noises, like birds chipping or dogs barking may not. try using ear plugs, it has helped me to concentrate more.

It feels nice,I always used to do it earlier. No i prefer to do without any music because the music color ur emotions.

Its an old post but I wanted to share these tracks with you.

Combining tones and natural soundscapes. 

www.soundcloud.com/meditation432

Be well

I want to add that binaural beats using may accelerate some kind of experience and your body may not be ready for that and thus it can result in a panic attack (for example). If anybody is using them, please be careful.

I do not. Easier to distinct from my awareness to thoughts, and stronger concentration in deep deep meditation when things gets real quiet. 

I do not. Easier to distinct from my awareness to thoughts, and stronger concentration in deep deep meditation when things gets real quiet.