Natasha

The Longevity Thread

43 posts in this topic

It's very do-able to live a healthy happy life beyond your centennial. Lets share ideas, articles, videos, and stories of those who do/did! 

Of course, again, nutrition is a big factor. People with highest longevity rate in the world consume wholesome nutrient dense food from the earth, get moderate excercise, and lead overall conscious life-style.

Interesting video for a discussion:

@jjer94 Great book suggestions, thank you! Will check them out.

I've already been doing some of the things, like continuous body detox with raw food/juices/Chlorella, and cell regeneration with PQQ 20 mg + Kaneka CoQ10 100 mg, etc and am currently testing raw phytoplankton. Seeing good results so far. I also agree that detox through sweating is of huge importance, as skin is our body's largest organ. Regeneration always happens from inside out.

Dr. Group from Global Healing Center giving practical pointers on longevity

Caloric Restriction, Cyclic Fasting, Protein/Sugar Restriction, Exercise, Wholefoods, Active lifestyle, Humor all are major players in longevity :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

In addition to caloric restriction, fasting, exercise and a solid whole foods based nutrition plan.

• You want to avoid muscle loss and maintain it as much as possible. Resistance training and lifting weights is the most important thing for this. This preserves bone density as well.
  • Maintain mitochondrial density. Fat burning metabolism, HIIT training instead of cardio, cold thermogenesis, negative ions, natural sunlight exposure.
  • Maintain brain health. Anti-inflammatory nutrition, bringing in novelty to stimulate neurogenesis, avoid sugar and excessive glycation. Keep learning til the day you die.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

adding couple  things on the top of what guys already mentioned

• Avoiding polyester clothes as they seep chemicals into your body through pores. ( wear cotton, linen, hemp, other...) 
  • Avoid hygiene products that contain complex metals, alcohol, earth oil... however this one is rally really deep topic ( read 100 year lie from Randall Fitzgerald) 
  • Keep your windows open throughout the night and day, avoid using too many chemicals in your household, don't buy cheap carpets they seep chemicals, 
  • EMF Exposure - Walk bare foot when you can to ground yourself and reduce it. Don't use wireless gadgets, turn of wifi at night, don't put laptop on your lap, cut the time you spend on your mobile phone. 
  • If you spend to much time on aeroplanes, look into supplements that remove radiation from the body 
  • Supplement chlorella - cleans toxins, metals, and poisoning, promotes longevity. Especially important if you live in a city. 
  • Filter your drinking water
  • Consider a wholefood B12 supplement even if you are not a vegan/vegetarian
  • Do not eat between 11pm and 11am as that is where your body pushes out waste. 
Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

anyone trust in superfoods? I mean He Sho Wu, moringa, reishi...

16 hours ago, Michael569 said:

adding couple  things on the top of what guys already mentioned

• Avoiding polyester clothes as they seep chemicals into your body through pores. ( wear cotton, linen, hemp, other...) 
  • Avoid hygiene products that contain complex metals, alcohol, earth oil... however this one is rally really deep topic ( read 100 year lie from Randall Fitzgerald) 
  • Keep your windows open throughout the night and day, avoid using too many chemicals in your household, don't buy cheap carpets they seep chemicals, 
  • EMF Exposure - Walk bare foot when you can to ground yourself and reduce it. Don't use wireless gadgets, turn of wifi at night, don't put laptop on your lap, cut the time you spend on your mobile phone. 
  • If you spend to much time on aeroplanes, look into supplements that remove radiation from the body 
  • Supplement chlorella - cleans toxins, metals, and poisoning, promotes longevity. Especially important if you live in a city. 
  • Filter your drinking water
  • Consider a wholefood B12 supplement even if you are not a vegan/vegetarian
  • Do not eat between 11pm and 11am as that is where your body pushes out waste. 

Great pointers! I've already implemented all of the above (even ditched my cell phone), except for the last one. I would usually have some fruit and nuts in the morning or a fresh green smoothy with chlorella, and also noticed that when I skip on eating anything at all i the morning and just drink water with raw ACV (only drink clean alkaline water), that sets my digestion up on really nicely. I also go barefoot a lot when walking my dog, on the beach, park, home, etc. I think it's called earthing and is a very healthy thing to do. And no household/hygene chemicals at home - learned to either buy chemical-free stuff or make my own (like tooth paste, cleaners, etc). I've found it's actually less expensive to live a simple healthy life-style than not. 

@Moreira

9 hours ago, Moreira said:

anyone trust in superfoods? I mean He Sho Wu, moringa, reishi...

these days a term "superfood" has been prostituted to the highest degree, just as term "organic" or "natural". Marketing has completely decreased its validity. 

However there are foods / herbs /plants that are definitely superior in nutritional value and effects on central nervous system, respiratory, digestion etc... to most other. Things like Blue&Green Algae, Bee Pollen, Sprouted legumes and seeds, the ones you mentioned and many many other are incredible however there is a challenge of obtaining high quality ones. Chlorella for example ranges in digestibility anywhere from 3 %to 90% depending on source and manufacture method. 

But generally yeah, great stuff as long as you are getting a high quality . :) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I use truganic broken cell wall chlorella powder by HealthForce Superfoods and organic broken cell wall chlorella powder by Microingredients Superfoods. I did my research on the harvest source and both of these companies have great reputation and customer reviews. 

Which chlorella product do you use/recommend? 

Markus has some great videos on his channel on raw food health.

Talking about raw lifestyle this woman has always amazed me, her physical appearance and mental performance is brilliant for her age.

B R E A T H E

@JustinS Agree 100% with what the speaker says in the video. After my bout with cancer 5 years ago, I eliminated all of the processed foods out of my diet, stress, toxic household and hygene chemicals, etc. Instead of going along with a conventional cancer protocol that promotes further body pollution with toxic treatments and drugs, I opted for doing a whole-body cleanse and rebuilding it from inside out on a cellular level, with the help of healing raw foods, juices, herbs, and high quality supplements. Haven't been to a doctor since. Will check out his other videos, thank you for sharing :)  

@pluto I love testimonies like this, because they are proof that you are what you eat. Her husband, actually, who is not as disciplined in his eating habits as Anette, does look his age of 70+ while Anette looks like she could be his daughter. When I'm out in public with my 18 yo son, people often assume we're brother and sister too and are surpised when I tell them I'm his mother. Thank you for the video and the tips!    

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

I use truganic broken cell wall chlorella powder by HealthForce Superfoods and organic broken cell wall chlorella powder by Microingredients Superfoods. I did my research on the harvest source and both of these companies have great reputation and customer reviews. 

Which chlorella product do you use/recommend? 

As long as they have broken the hard digestible cellular wall properly, it doesn't really matter. I use Sun Chlorella from Japan. They use a Dyno-Mill technique. Not sure how that works but it is 95-99% digestible. Although not the cheapest 1500 of them cost around 90 USD

14 hours ago, Michael569 said:

As long as they have broken the hard digestible cellular wall properly, it doesn't really matter. I use Sun Chlorella from Japan. They use a Dyno-Mill technique. Not sure how that works but it is 95-99% digestible. Although not the cheapest 1500 of them cost around 90 USD

Quality chlorella is some of the best foods one can consume - it has a full spectrum of nutrients our body needs for nurishment and detox. So I don't mind to pay for it. You don't use a lot a day (1-2 tbs), and it goes a long way. 

@Natasha agree, the one I use comes in tiny tablets. I dose them based on my stress levels, activity and exposure to pollution in city. 

@Outer I get plenty of Vit D by being out in the sun daily while walking my dog and consuming foods rich in D. I test my vitamin and mineral levels every few months and my bloodwork is better than it was 20 years ago. The only supplements I currently take are L-Glutathione 500 mg/day (powerful antioxidant), Vit B-12, chlorella, and phytoplankton. Never heard of Metformin before, what is it for?