Mrkvn8

What The Fuck Are Healthy Ways To Have Fun?

31 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Mrkvn8 said:

If if I desire to drink&socialize should I drink with my friends? I got in a rut because I literally cut all contact with 100% of my friends b/c I didn't want to drink.

You cut the contact to 100% of your friends because you didn't want to drink? Dude, have a fucking drink.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Its funny i was laying down in stillness last night for no reason and i had completely forgotton how fun and amazing it is, i never wanted to leave that state it felt so warm, so fuzzy, so at peace, so complete. The ego tends to drift off and creates patterns after patterns resulting in subconscious disbelief about meditation and stillness that you got no time for that boring shit but once you really go deep again you remember that it can be the most interesting thing you can experience in life.

B R E A T H E

Thank you so much everyone for the replies. 

Makes my heart warm to see all the helpful people on this forum trying to make a contribution. 

On 6/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, Azrael said:

You cut the contact to 100% of your friends because you didn't want to drink? Dude, have a fucking drink.

You have to wonder what kind of friends would not be okay with someone not drinking. From my experience, they are toxic people who despite having good qualities, in the long term are not necessarily inclined towards a high consciousness lifestyle.

But if you know how to calibrate with them, they can be great friends. I'd at least stay friends until you can switch up your social circle to people who share more of your values.

2 minutes ago, Beyond Words said:

You have to wonder what kind of friends would not be okay with someone not drinking. From my experience, they are toxic people who despite having good qualities, in the long term are not necessarily inclined towards a high consciousness lifestyle.

Yeah, that's probably true. I like to have some of those though, because it's great fun. I like to have some that are interested in the consciousness stuff as well and I like some that are just normal folks like colleagues and stuff.

Everyone has different challenges in his life and will go through his own enlightenments to grow, just naturally. Some people need to see a lot of the dark stuff to learn from that, some people need to melt in boredom, some in heavy negative emotions and others might need to awaken to the truth of reality. Every one has his own journey without knowing about it if he doesn't investigate. That's why some people will awaken very easily and others may never, because it's not for them.

And that's perfectly fine. Every single human can teach you something whether it's good or bad or very normal. And if you look closely at anybody, you'll see that everybody has a certain field of mastery in his life - even if it is the subtlest thing. And if you see that in people, it's like living around masters who don't know that they are masters because they've been told to want something else.

Because .. it wouldn't be any fun if everything would be clear and understood right away, right?

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Personally i dont think it matters what you do as long as you are present while doing it. The reason we pick up so many 'bad' habits is because we want to distract ourselves from the present and our own minds. But if you can truly be present while doing the 'bad' habit it may no longer be appealing to you. 

For example when i go food shopping i try and remain present this makes it really hard to buy junk food (although i still do sometimes), similarly if you eat a Mcds consciously and actually taste it, youll feel how unreal the food tastes and probably not want to eat it again.

So i think the thing is to just try and stay conscious while doing things not to actively drop things you, for whatever reason think are bad. How do you really know what to drop unless you do it yourself consciously?

Theres no rules about what you can and cant do its just realising what youre using as a distraction from yourself 

yeah like. .. "low consious" enjoyment is totes ok to do if you need it. if you find it troubling to the point you need to not do it, then go ahead and don't do it, but if you can be present while playing chess. then be present while playing chess. and sometimes imo but maybe I am unpopular for this one.. it's fine to slip into the allure of loss of consiousness from the thrill of a distracting activity of some kind. it ain't gonna kill ya! if you want to not do that go ahead and don't let go. but not everyone is going to be a buddha master.  obsessively avoiding low-consiousnes is its own bad habit. 

Edited by alyra

How abou cooking an alien dish you're excited to try with some jazz in teh background supported with cold wine followed by making out? 

pick up a sport, any, go swimming, rollerblading, skating, biking, do it without ANY ego or planning. don't make a plan about where you will do that sport or how long or what you do, just take your bike,and if you feel like going at the end of the street, then back, then at the end then back, then do that.  

if you feel like only swimming for one minute then going back home , do that, allow yourself that freedom
your thinking mind will go nuts : ''you can't just make us come here and swim a couple of laps and get home, where is the efficiency? this is weird! this is unusual! act more normal, have a plan!''  
the thinking mind is a killjoy of freedom and fun 

having fun is about being free, there are literally infinite ways of having fun, as I am typing this I realize I could be typing this and at the same time I could be singing a song, or I could use my hands and fingers to type in a silly way, I could make a game of going over my post and replacing words with silly synonyms, I could print out this forum post and tape it to a random place on the street, I could make a poem out of my own post.  

and this is only from one single messages, there's as much fun as you imagine...but you can only have fun if you feel free, freedom is so important and it goes hand in hand with fun.  
if you want more fun you need to feel more free in your life 

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!