Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Flock Cameras: For or Against?

2 posts in this topic

I go back and forth on this. I don’t feel like I have a strong opinion either way. Flock has solved a lot of crimes that would have been harder to solve without it. But Flock has also been misused and there is some concern over how much power should we give the government over the individual.

There is no expectation of privacy in public. People can film you without your permission and there are already cameras at stoplights and speed cameras.

Flock isn’t just a camera, it is linked to AI and I’m not sure the extent of how much one’s personal information will be involved. We have the 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. Democracy is fragile. Flock has the potential to give the government more power to exploit its citizens. Just a thought.

But if we are to ban Flock, then the logic follows that stoplight and speed cameras should be outlawed. Filming in public is a first amendment right, but maybe we need to question this? 

I think most people are overreacting to Flock even though their concerns are valid. I’m still not sure where I stand, but I may be leaning towards pro Flock.

What do you think about Flock?

 

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Orwell first talked an all -seeing surveillance state called "Big Brother" in 1949.

Will it someday come to that? I don't know.  But I am glad they are putting cameras on school buses to catch people that ignore the flashing stop lights when children are crossing the road.


When the secret is revealed to you, you will know that you are not other than God, but that you yourself are the object of your quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0