MaxBlume

"Follow your passion" never mentions supply and demand

150 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Olaf said:

with Bashar I am still not sure if he is channeling or making this all up, it sometimes feels like an act or something

Honestly if you listen to what he says - it can be chalked up to a man who has been immersed in new age spirituality for most of his life. Amazing actor or channeller? 

I enjoy that Bashar actually has some kick arse advice. Regardless of his delulu status :D


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Olaf said:

with Bashar I am still not sure if he is channeling or making this all up, it sometimes feels like an act or something

Channeling isn’t what you think it is. He is channeling a flow state he calls Bashar where his wisdom comes from. You can channel many different states as well. Channeling is all about accessing different states of consciousness, but it’s all still the same consciousness. I can channel fear, anger, excitement, and wisdom.


“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Natasha Tori Maru Have you heard of half truths? Many liars mix it with allot of truth, politicians are good examples of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olaf said:

@Natasha Tori Maru Have you heard of half truths? Many liars mix it with allot of truth, politicians are good examples of this. 

The truth always arrives with a bunch of horseshit.

In my experience :D 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Natasha Tori Maru yes, you gave me a great idea, I should start a youtube with channeling Leo Gura, I think it would get more views then me just talking from my own consciousness and experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f16b5024f7dbf7d53f6243073f17e97a.jpg

 

If you are missing out on any one of these, it's your mission to work on them so that you honor the other parts and don't leave them for dead.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not let Bashar throw of this thread. 


 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will raise - I think people might be conflating desire with passion. They are totally different aspects of motivation.

Sitting down and contemplating the difference will help.

Desire is about an objective "I want X" . I experience passion as more of a process of engagement - it is an activity or domain. I experience them as a reinforcing sequence where I am interested, passionate so I engage. This triggers a desire for mastery. This can also run in reverse where desire can trigger pursuit, repeated engagement and unlock passion - this is especially crucial for me because I have found various passions in this reverse orientation, also. Desire can exist without action. Passion tends to action - but not always.

Desire <-> Passion can also conflict with each other.

"I really want and desire success, but I don't actually enjoy the process of engagement required to achieve it". 

And I think many of us know this inner conflict - or have experienced it. Desire can pull you toward an outcome while passion pulls you toward the process.

Not a simple topic.

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what chatgpt says:

passion

/ˈpaʃn/

Passion means a very strong feeling or emotion, such as love, anger, or deep enthusiasm for an activity. [1, 2]

You can review complete details in the Cambridge Dictionary or the Merriam-Webster Definition. [1, 2]

Core Meanings of Passion

Strong Emotion: A powerful feeling like love, hate, or extreme anger.

Deep Interest: A strong enthusiasm or hobby for a specific activity, art, or subject.

Romantic Desire: Intense physical or sexual attraction toward someone.

Religious History: The suffering and death of Jesus Christ, often called the Passion of Christ. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]

Word Origin

The word comes from the Latin word passio, which means "suffering". Over time, the meaning changed from enduring suffering to having an intense emotional or enthusiastic drive. [1, 2, 3]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Olaf Given the various uses of the word you need context and intelligence to understand its meaning not just a definition.


 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now