AtmanIsBrahman

Why I Think Magic Is Real

76 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

Example:

I want money. I do some magical practice. I somehow get $5000 sent to my bank account from a random person.

This is such a toxic idea.

If you want to be a loser in life, keep believing that idea.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oOo said:

Ah I see.

It feels like a weird definition to me.

I think this kind of magic has genuine limits that fall outside the scope of the provided example.

Practically speaking, if someone genuinely knows the parameters of this kind of magic they could theoretically improve their competency; like dexterity.

I don't believe that many people that believe in this kind of magic understand what they are doing. So where and if this kind of magic happens to be real, I don't believe that the example provided reflects what is possible for the average person. Instead, I think they are being deliberately and consciously scammed through the magic of misdirection. Just as magicians practice and get really good at their kind of magic, charlatans perfect the art of persuasion, misdirection and deception of which this area of personal development (i.e. "law of attraction" type stuff) is riddled with.

Where and if it happens to be true, you're putting your hands inside of a bucket full of deadly scorpions trying to find and grab the diamond at the bottom and pull it out without any personal cost to you. Next to impossible without being seriously competent in discerning truth from falsity while investigating this area.

Is this kind of example possible? Potentially.

Is it available to your average practitioner? Most definitely not.

Does the placebo have efficacy in helping people in a number of more biologically measurable ways? Absolutely yes. 

I am open to discussing magic as I first introduced it beyond this first example you've presently provided. 

 

 

Why don't you test it though @AtmanIsBrahman?

That's what I'd do.

If there's some procedure you can follow. 

Start with something small.

And if across a series of different reasonable examples you have success at that level, then you slowly keep raising the stakes. 

That's the logical thing to do. 

That way you at least have some closure on this area of potential personal development. 

Set a time, i.e. like one week or one month, or perhaps 10 minutes a day for 3 months, where you accumulate all the best knowledge you can find on the exact procedures and potential trainings you should practice to experience results. 

Stick to it.

Do not go over your time limit.

Make a personal journal on your results and the most strategic decision from here, being moved only based on the evidence of your experiences and sensible reasoning about those experiences. 

You are the arbiter of truth for your experiences, so embrace the learning and design your own healthy learning loop.

That's what will enable you to make the best decision for you from this situation. 

For me in these situations, for someone to reach clarity combined with closure, they should be encouraged to be their own scientist, experimenter as much as its feasible to do so; blindly believing is very dangerous though, the adage 'be able to entertain an idea without the need to fully accept it'. 

Understand that in these kinds of law of attraction circles, they feed off your capacity to believe and irrational thinking. If you blindly believe, you give up your authority completely to the author, person or institution, if you don't blindly believe, fear can be used as a tool to explain away why you didn't experience results. Use your judgement to discern the rest.

Best wishes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

I defined it in the original post - "The art and science of causing change in conformity and will."

Example:

I want money. I do some magical practice. I somehow get $5000 sent to my bank account from a random person.

The beauty and power of manifestation happens in action. The right orientation of mind alchemizes the right outcomes of action.


Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carl-Richard said:

The beauty and power of manifestation happens in action. The right orientation of mind alchemizes the right outcomes of action.

Wait, are you secretly saying you've manifested $5,000 before or something similar? 

Do you sell a course I can buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is such a toxic idea.

If you want to be a loser in life, keep believing that idea.

It's also stupid.

Why manifest money when you can manifest things directly? Why the extra step? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jirh said:

It's also stupid.

Why manifest money when you can manifest things directly? Why the extra step? 🤣

Manifest a rock then you're just a few smashes against your jaw away from manifesting chicks outta no where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oOo said:

Wait, are you secretly saying you've manifested $5,000 before or something similar? 

Do you sell a course I can buy?

I'm saying it's most fruitful and most effective to marry manifestation with action. Don't skimp on doing actions in the world. You're limiting the power of manifestation. Every action you do is multiplied by the right sight, the right state of mind. Sitting idly by and putting all your eggs in one basket, it could work, but it's probably not as effective. Besides, what will you spend most of your time on anyway?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oOo said:

Manifest a rock then you're just a few smashes against your jaw away from manifesting chicks outta no where.

Only you care about this, see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Effective to marry manifestation with action. Don't skimp on doing actions in the world. You're limiting the power of manifestation. Every action you do is multiplied by the right sight, the right state of mind. Sitting idly by and putting all your eggs in one basket, it could work, but it's probably not as effective. Besides, what will you spend most of your time on anyway?

I actually think a meditation technique on manifestation of Will is a smart idea.

I'm not disowning manifestation, I am disavowing impracticalities. 
 

@Joseph Maynor Indeed. And why can I never manifest a rock when I really need one? Hey, I wonder if they'd get better results if they actually used magical rocks instead of just regular rocks. I just found this:

Magical rocks.
https://www.magiccrystals.com/products/septarian-dragon-stone-egg-1

 

 

Edited by oOo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oOo said:
24 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Effective to marry manifestation with action.

 

 

23 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm saying it's most fruitful and most effective to marry manifestation with action.

That's a weird thing to remove the beginning of the sentence in the quote and then capitalize the first word.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's a weird thing to remove the beginning of the sentence in the quote and then capitalize the first word.

Oh it was just a weird glitch when it happened, I didn't think it would matter if I still submitted it as the reply. 


Let's correct it anyway.

26 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm saying it's most fruitful and most effective to marry manifestation with action. Don't skimp on doing actions in the world. You're limiting the power of manifestation. Every action you do is multiplied by the right sight, the right state of mind. Sitting idly by and putting all your eggs in one basket, it could work, but it's probably not as effective. Besides, what will you spend most of your time on anyway?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oOo said:

I actually think a meditation technique on manifestation of Will is a smart idea.

I'm not disowning manifestation, I am disavowing impracticalities. 
 

@Joseph Maynor Indeed. And why can I never manifest a rock when I really need one? Hey, I wonder if they'd get better results if they actually used magical rocks instead of just regular rocks. I just found this:

Magical rocks.
https://www.magiccrystals.com/products/septarian-dragon-stone-egg-1

 

 

Man, I hope not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

I want money. I do some magical practice. I somehow get $5000 sent to my bank account from a random person.

The magical practice you are referring to is called creating and exchanging value.

Create a product, or a solution that is more valuable to someone than the 5 000 USD they have and the money will appear in your bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hayato said:

The magical practice you are referring to is called creating and exchanging value.

Create a product, or a solution that is more valuable to someone than the 5 000 USD they have and the money will appear in your bank account.

The fact that many Olympians practice visualisation, yet their can only be one winner and two, that many Olympians go on OnlyFans to fund their Olympic dreams because the Olympics reimburse very little despite the billions they make per competing year even if a participant wins a medal, is pretty strong indirect evidence for me that these more unrealistic forms of manifestation magic, have less credibility than more. It's a very good competing example actually, like it wins the gold medal of examples to give. And yeah, its totally true, there's plenty of Olympians men and women on OnlyFans, anyone will find easily with google search. 

Edited by oOo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now