Jordan

One of Leo's Videos on Anger Caused Years of Pain

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I wanted to share some insights on emotions that I have had over the past year. The video that I am referring to in the title is:

This video is not fully the reason for years of chronic pain. Possibly it would have happened anyways but I believe it did contribute to it. Luckily I am basically free of chronic pain now so all's well that ends well I guess :D I believe Leo didn't know the dangers of this technique and I have gotten 100x more benefit from his videos overall than negative effects including the years of chronic pain.

This video basically explains that anger can be controlled through wholistic understanding. It explains about how you carve out your own partition that needs to be defended. People refuse to go out of their limited point of view to see other perspectives. Leo talks about moralizing and should statements and recommending acceptance instead. Anger can be loved to death by going meta and seeing how anger works and that being angry at little things can be understood and handled by seeing that the person or situation making you angry did it out of ignorance or that in the big picture, things are exactly how they need to be. 

I started using this technique back near when the video came out 9 years ago, seeing things from different perspective and accepting things as they are. It worked great. Lets say I go to the store and I go on the escalator, I want to walk up it but there are a bunch of people standing on it so I get a bit angry that I have to stand and wait. Then I would go meta and see from a more wholistic perspective and see it is not worth getting angry over something like this because in a few seconds I will reach the top of the escalator. The other people probably enjoy standing and riding the escalator so it is fine if they want to do that, I can accept this as it is. Then the anger goes away and I feel content and go on with my day. This all happens within a couple seconds and overall I am mostly feeling at peace. 

Doing this whenever anger or stress comes up, I was able to live many years feeling quite peaceful and felt emotionally quite good most of the time. After several years of this I started getting wrist pain. Nothing seemed to fix it until I figured out massaging my back with a massage ball seemed to relax my back muscles and stop the pain in my wrists. It took over a year of trying different things before I got over that wrist pain. Then came knee pain when jogging, Stretches and exercises didn't help. I avoided running and got by without aggravating it most of the time. A few years after that I started getting back pain. It lasted 6 months and got to a point where I was in pain the majority of the time whether lying down, standing or sitting. I went through every video I could find on getting rid of back pain spending hours per day trying different things but it kept getting worse over 6 months. 

One day I joined this online meditation sit and at the end it was open up to questions. I couldn't sit due to the pain and paced back and forth during the meditation. At the end we had time for questions, mentioned I was struggling with back pain and the guy leading it asked me if I ever get angry. I told him not really. He asked me if I thought I might be suppressing my anger. I basically looked back and told him yes maybe I am. He said that he was basically 90% sure this is a psychosomatic issue and recommended I read a book from an author from a guy called Dr Sarno. I looked up the book and found healing back pain: the mindbody solution I think it was called. I found it on Youtube and listened to it on 3x speed. I spent a few hours bringing up anger and feeling into it. By the next day when normally I couldn't sit for more than 5 minutes due to the pain, I sat with that meditation group for over an hour pain free. 

It appears that using the technique Leo shared in the video did allow me to control my anger as advertised but even though I did not feel anger anymore, it still was part of my subconscious. It created tension in my body causing chronic knee and back pain and wrist pain before that. I think this technique does work very well to control your anger and it is very useful but it is very important to know that this technique does suppress emotions that can have negative effects months or years later. Basically if you are going to use this technique I wouldn't use it to keep from getting angry but to decide how you behave while fully feel into any anger being careful not to suppress it when it comes up. It can take 45 minute or longer to feel through some anger that comes up from a small seemingly insignificant occurrence but after the torture I went though with chronic pain, feeling through that is preferable than suppressing that anger.

I just wanted to share if anyone has chronic pain or knows someone with chronic pain that might have a similar thing going on. Here is the audiobook that I listened to and basically fixed my back in 1 day:

So yea I have been free of chronic pain for around 9 months and really life is amazing having that contrast :D I feel like I have unlimited potential compared to before.

 

Edited by Jordan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great insight. I think psychosomatic symptoms are very real and we're in a dark period of knowledge in terms of understanding it.

Also society is very in favour of suppressing your emotions for the sake of social cohesion and harmony. That has a lot of benefits but we need to be honest about the drawbacks. 

I'm suffering from back pain as well and I do tend to suppress my anger a lot so I will give that book a go, thanks for sharing. I have massive amounts of rage that I struggle to transmute into useful energy so I feel like I lose 40% of my energy daily by just suppressing it so it doesn't go out of control. 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LordFall I hope the Video helps. I have no clue if this issue is common or not but it sure did take me a long time to figure out. For me I never really felt rage that made me act in a way I would regret. I suppressed it so much I never really felt it that much so I am guessing I have done this for much longer than this video has been out so maybe this just gave me another method of doing this. I never conceived of it as suppression, from my point of view the anger is completely gone when I start thinking wholistically and it seems taken care of and I don't have any thoughts come up that indicate that I am still angry. Making that connection it makes sense but it is hard to connect something you have done for years with an issue that has come up much more recently.

Edited by Jordan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with anger. 

Lots wrong with suppression! 

I find most people who suffer from depression (the non-clinical chemical type) often have deeply repressed anger. Anger is a healthy forward moving energy. Expression through healthy processing is very good for the body. 

Unprocessed anger looks like someone acting out the emotion with no ability to stop it; they are overtaken by it and have an irresistible compulsion to act. Healthy, processed anger is recognised and felt fully, but we aren't overcome so much that we need to act on it. Although, expression can help! Having our emotions AT others is not self regulated.

Emotional repression has consequences.

Glad you are doing better 🙏🏻

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LordFall said:

I'm suffering from back pain as well and I do tend to suppress my anger a lot so I will give that book a go, thanks for sharing. I have massive amounts of rage that I struggle to transmute into useful energy so I feel like I lose 40% of my energy daily by just suppressing it so it doesn't go out of control. 

Now I know why you are so hard into that whole materialist game. All that suppressed anger needs to go somewhere.

I used to struggle with the same and to some extent, I still do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The anger may have other branches. I like to unravel the roots of something. 

Unresolved stuff will fester till we deal with it. I know some will notice I am sharing this guys videos here and there, is only that I is making viceral sense for me nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some insights on emotions since I posted this. Basically what I have been doing all my life is I take a logical worldview where I will see that it will not help to be angry so my mind will ignore that emotion. I will take other people's perspectives and wholistic nonhuman perspectives but unconsciously will still hold my emotional patterns in the same way while ignoring them not allowing that part of me to be transformed. This is an unconscious instinct to survive. Changing in that way can be considered death. I will believe things like "I already forgave that person and it is not a big deal" and that belief will cause my mind to ignore any emotions that will conflict with those beliefs. Those emotions are still there causing tension, stress, poor sleep, heart issues but completely unfelt. 

The way I found how to stop doing this is to really take time to see how all your beliefs are wrong and emotionally feel the impact of what each of those wrong beliefs mean. If you believe you are a good person, bring up some of the times you lied, hurt people, cheated, didn't follow through on a promise. What the mind will typically do is make excuses and say stuff like well 90% of the time I am good so that 10% doesn't really matter and is basically not worth mentioning and actually is basically 0% so yes I am a good person. If you actually want to feel the suppressed emotions you need to catch yourself before the rationalizations happens and really ask yourself what emotions may be being ignored to maintain this false belief and every belief is false in some way so find where it is false and feel into that. 

Anger is a great place to start. Anger basically comes up when you determine things are not fair, your needs are not met, people are acting in a way you think they should not, anger towards yourself is for the same reasons. You just need to bring up unfair situations and before rationalizing that they are not a big deal, really feel into the anger that comes up as you see the injustice and deceit and the selfishness and the evil from a prerational perspective. Then just feel into that without trying to solve anything. Just feel for hours. You will discover things there you do not have access to from more wholistic perspectives. Let me know if this works for you. It has been really super helpful for me in my understanding of myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LordFall the most rage and rage outbursts I have felt was when I was trying to get rich for years, because I felt powerless in doing so and had no clue how, I was angry that I tried so much, invested so much money and time and effort and didn't got anywhere and only was losing money, energy everything, I was working really hard. Then a few weeks ago this 10 out of 10 girl started preaching to me how anyone can easily make money and I made her sit on the humble stool for a second, I wasn't having it, yes with your pretty face you can easily make money, tell me something I don't know. For men it is a real battle to get out of poverty or the middle class. I think maybe in the future I might try to become more rich again, but this time without any anger, I will just accept the way the world is and that it can feel unjust at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jordan You may be a good candidate for TRE by Dr. Berceli.

It works on releasing stored anger and energy in the body.

I can't fully endorse it just because there are many people that have different profiles here that may be sensitive in a bad way to TRE.

You can try out his techniques in one of his walkthrough videos on YouTube. 

Specifically look for those videos in which Dr. Berceli himself is instructing the person throughout the session.

I have a playlist of such videos I have rotated on as my own session routine until I develop my own experiential base on including the theory behind it itself. 

I'd like to but it would be irresponsible for me to share my own playlist.

With trauma, there's only so much you can do mentally speaking and in fact sometimes the more mental you make it if there's already tendencies towards dissociation, the worse it can become. 

The fact that you mentioned the relationship between emotional trauma and physical trauma is why I would typically identify you as a solid candidate for TRE.

I have epilepsy, so I was a little cautious going into it but I have been okay especially when combined with my anti-epileptic medication. That said without knowing formally, tentatively I would say that people that are either at high risk of dissociation or have any conditions that overlap with tendencies towards dissociation (any number of corresponding disorders of the mind), should be very cautious in trying Dr. Berceli's techniques.

At present based on my research to date, there is a very low risk profile for TRE, while at the same time compared to other techniques like CBT which focuses on a more dialectical approach with the mind, there is not enough research to speak with very high accuracy on what the risk profile for TRE actually is. That said, if someone approaches it with maturity, a learning feedback loop mindset, while taking responsibility for each stage of the learning process, they should entrust themselves to make their own decisions. Personally, its had a positive impact on me.

 

Edited by oOo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oOo Thanks, I just listened and followed along to a 25 min video I found. It felt really nice. It seems like it will help supplement what I am doing explained in my last reply. That being feeling into emotions through finding examples of beliefs I hold strongly then see where I am ignoring memories and have an impulse to rationalize then stay there feeling into emotions that come up. Emotionally I have felt really good today, much more intensity and things like cleaning my place feels like more fun than I used to feel when I used to play videogames. I don't have any interest right now in playing video games the last few days which is a bit new for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jordan said:

@oOo Thanks, I just listened and followed along to a 25 min video I found. It felt really nice. It seems like it will help supplement what I am doing explained in my last reply. That being feeling into emotions through finding examples of beliefs I hold strongly then see where I am ignoring memories and have an impulse to rationalize then stay there feeling into emotions that come up. Emotionally I have felt really good today, much more intensity and things like cleaning my place feels like more fun than I used to feel when I used to play videogames. I don't have any interest right now in playing video games the last few days which is a bit new for me.

Best of luck.

Please share future results if you choose to keep going with it.

Otherwise regardless, keep rockin it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2026 at 0:50 AM, Olaf said:

@LordFall the most rage and rage outbursts I have felt was when I was trying to get rich for years, because I felt powerless in doing so and had no clue how, I was angry that I tried so much, invested so much money and time and effort and didn't got anywhere and only was losing money, energy everything, I was working really hard. Then a few weeks ago this 10 out of 10 girl started preaching to me how anyone can easily make money and I made her sit on the humble stool for a second, I wasn't having it, yes with your pretty face you can easily make money, tell me something I don't know. For men it is a real battle to get out of poverty or the middle class. I think maybe in the future I might try to become more rich again, but this time without any anger, I will just accept the way the world is and that it can feel unjust at times. 

Out of sheer curiosity, what was her reasoning for how anyone could easily make money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now