Miguel1

Loneliness

78 posts in this topic

How do you guys deal with loneliness?

Fall is arriving here in Finland, it’s getting darker, wetter and colder each day.

I have a ton of people in my circle, but none my true friend, which just makes it all the worst.

How do you deal with it? I deal with it via art, music, crying, dancing and the little surface level socializing I do.


Connect with me on IG:

 instagram.com/miguetran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Arguing with people on the actualized.org forum of course, 8/10 therapist recommend this method. The other 2 are incels. 

More seriously as an INTP I have less of a need for socialization than you do and what I value is intellectual companionship so people that understand my ideas and wanna talk about them so I mean AI has kept me quite good company these past few months. I also have phone calls with friends in other cities occasionally but honestly Gemini helps more.  

 

Edited by LordFall

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

How do you guys deal with loneliness?

Fall is arriving here in Finland, it’s getting darker, wetter and colder each day.

I have a ton of people in my circle, but none my true friend, which just makes it all the worst.

How do you deal with it? I deal with it via art, music, crying, dancing and the little surface level socializing I do.

As someone who lived in Canada for 4 years, I understand how the weather and lack of true friendship can affect how you feel. 
 

To be honest, the best way for me to deal with loneliness was oneness  that I could reach via 5MeO-DMT I would vape it in Canada every weekend or So but I don’t think it’s legal in your country (in Canada it is for personal possession).

Other things are exercising regularly, fasting and eating healthy. Running especially helps.

Maybe try to watch less porn if you watch it. In my experience it tends to make me feel lonely and depressed.

Edited by TheGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheGod said:

Maybe try to watch less porn if you watch it. In my experience it tends to make me feel lonely and depressed.

Really? Does the opposite for me. If I don't watch it my sex drive becomes so huge that looking at women outside makes me feel physical pain and I will not be able to stop the impulse to try to get laid in ways that are not productive to my life. 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LordFall said:

Really? Does the opposite for me. If I don't watch it my sex drive becomes so huge that looking at women outside makes me feel physical pain and I will not be able to stop the impulse to try to get laid in ways that are not productive to my life. 

Yeah, porn hijacks your reward system and you feel low. The thing is if you like me have been watching porn since 13 it’s very difficult to notice its affects on your mood because your brain adapted to it. On the other hand, porn is very difficult to quit. 
I quit it after 7 years of going back and forth. Now I close my eyes and masturbate to memories of good sex I had with women and I feel rather relaxed and not wasted after it, as it usually happens with porn. At least in my experience. The physical pain that you feel is withdrawal from porn because you’re so used to use it to deal with sexual energy. Dealing with sexual energy is very difficult without porn and requires a lot of practice, discipline and will power. 
Even our lovely Leo Gura can’t master this skill, that’s why he’s so pro-porn :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LordFall said:

Really? Does the opposite for me. If I don't watch it my sex drive becomes so huge that looking at women outside makes me feel physical pain and I will not be able to stop the impulse to try to get laid in ways that are not productive to my life. 

Out sexual drives are deeply connected to psychological state. Many people use their sexuality to numb out feelings of loneliness and other stuff. Not saying that is you obviously as I do not know you personally. But it is something I have commonly saw in others and in myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miguel1 said:

How do you guys deal with loneliness?

Fall is arriving here in Finland, it’s getting darker, wetter and colder each day.

I have a ton of people in my circle, but none my true friend, which just makes it all the worst.

How do you deal with it? I deal with it via art, music, crying, dancing and the little surface level socializing I do.

By becoming my own best friend and staying connected to myself even in the worst times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Literature and films can help me

Crying helps me too sometimes 

LLMs too

Edited by Ulax

There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 62-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Literature and films can help me

Crying helps me too sometimes 

LLMs too

What movies have you watched that you really liked lately? 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Do you go to social dances? Im not a dancer like you are and I like doing that. I find I don't need a lot of deep socializing, pretty surface level keeps me feeling good despite the occasional thought that I need a deep connection. Just being around people.

I've come to appreciate 'surface level' interaction when I never used to, I think there's actually something in it, connecting to society as opposed to just an individual, like Society precipitates out through normal interactions.

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordFall said:

What movies have you watched that you really liked lately? 

Heat, One Battle after another, Zone of interest 


There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 62-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Do you go to social dances? Im not a dancer like you are and I like doing that. I find I don't need a lot of deep socializing, pretty surface level keeps me feeling good despite the occasional thought that I need a deep connection. Just being around people.

I've come to appreciate 'surface level' interaction when I never used to, I think there's actually something in it, connecting to society as opposed to just an individual, like Society precipitates out through normal interactions.

The problem then becomes some of those "surface level" interactions lead people to wanna take it further which is fine if that level of vibe would be there but mostly its not at the level beyond that simple interaction, ime so far. But I see that as opportunity to try to really tap into my own communication skills so it gets smoother to deal with over time, but I see what youre saying overall anyways and I agree, theres huge difference simply being alone in my apartment vs outside surrounded by people 

Edited by Sugarcoat

There is intelligence everywhere

– Some intelligence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

The problem then becomes some of those "surface level" interactions lead people to wanna take it further which is fine if that level of vibe would be there but mostly its not at the level beyond that simple interaction, ime so far. 

Are you implying sexually? A lot of guys might have that problem, I don't think @Miguel1 would though. Ya, i wouldn't suggest social dancing to the average guy for platonic socializing. He can practice dancing with other guys there too(not partner dancing, but learning and teaching) (@Basman if you want to dance with guys that's cool too though)

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Often in the past the friends who became very close were ones that were confident and skilled in what they do, yet had a layer of insecurity or pain which we allowed eachother to see. We connect on that. This seems to be a common theme in deeper friendships. And can help with loneliness - being seen.

Mentorship with someone can help with loneliness, either youre teaching, or being taught. Being of service in the community really helps with loneliness.

In spacious awareness, one can feel connected. Building life force energy can reduce the perceived barriers between yourself and others.

Wonder if this helps.

 Forgiving oneself can help if theres a level of shame that prevents one from being seen.

I remember a lecture on dante's inferno, which I'll share here, which was super interesting. 

In this lecture he described Hell as being a place that people experience when they cannot forgive themselves. The way to love is through self forgiveness. An interesting lecture to say the least.

Edited by Jordan of the Shire
Succinctness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Are you implying sexually? A lot of guys might have that problem, I don't think @Miguel1 would though. Ya, i wouldn't suggest social dancing to the average guy for platonic socializing. He can practice dancing with other guys there too(not partner dancing, but learning and teaching).

Wasn´t referring specifically to social dancing, haven't done that myself, just shared my experience of what can happen sometimes when interacting with strangers in society, because I could relate to what you shared except that exact context. Buy yea ofc I understand me being a woman kinda per default makes my encounters different, but I bet it happens to most sooner or later, where you just talking a little to someone and they wanna be your friend but you're not feeling it on THAT level, sexual/romantical interest happens more often as woman but still I meant in general

.And no I wasn't thinking of Miguel in this scenario, so I see what youre saying 

Edited by Sugarcoat

There is intelligence everywhere

– Some intelligence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/24/2026 at 3:04 PM, Miguel1 said:

I deal with it via art, music, crying, dancing and the little surface level socializing I do.

Planning a unique and creative challenge and inviting people to join can be fun.

:) 

Edited by Jordan of the Shire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Wasn´t referring specifically to social dancing, haven't done that myself, just shared my experience of what can happen sometimes when interacting with strangers in society, because I could relate to what you shared except that exact context. Buy yea ofc I understand me being a woman kinda per default makes my encounters different, but I bet it happens to most sooner or later, where you just talking a little to someone and they wanna be your friend but you're not feeling it on THAT level, sexual/romantical interest happens more often as woman but still I meant in general

.And no I wasn't thinking of Miguel in this scenario, so I see what youre saying 

Ah, ya I would only talk to people that I might be interested in being friends with. I agree with your point, it happens a lot to me when I'm not even the one engaging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now