PretentiousHuman

I Have Crohn's Disease

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PretentiousHuman said:

Are all of these medicines herbal, fruits and vegetables only found in India?

Herbs for these medicines are produced in India , Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine, which is popular only in India. 

6 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

Do they have any practices that I can apply?

Ayurveda system suggests many rules to improve your health and digestion, which I will compile and post you later. It will certainly give you great relief. 

@Prabhaker Good to know. Yes please. I need these things  more so on organic and natural remedies. 

"Wake up."

-- God

2 hours ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@phoenix666 I'm a nurse by the way. Thanks for sharing your story Doc. Hehe. Yes definitely I will check those videos and will be following your diet suggestions. Good luck to me on this journey!

you're a nurse? cool :) then you'll probably be very interested in Dr. Greger's material! Oh, please, don't call me that^^ not yet... couple of years to go..

I wish you good luck on your journey! I am sure that a more plant based diet can make you feel better. I am so disappointed that they give diet and lifestyle so little attention at med school.. 

whatever arises, love that

2 hours ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@Richard Alpert How long have you had the gastro issue? Could you give me the specifics and details about your practices on fasting, diets and juice. I had never met anyone who has almost the same case as I have until in this forum. I am seeing myself getting better just like you did. Thanks! :)

michael 569 gave good answer above about cleanses and detox.

im no expert on that but i will be diving to that direction more.

Im gonna do juice fast on my summer vacation plus im planning to test colonics.

My diet is not perfect at all, but it could look something like this:

morning: i either fast till 11:00 am or make a fruit/berries smoothie in the morning with some superfoods. chiaseeds, clorella etc are stuff you can use, sometimes i eat organic oatmeal with coconut milk.

lunch usually goes in work. i go high in vegetables always, i try to not mix too much carbs and proteins, if you eat them together its more work for digestion. I often eat lunch in a restaurant. I like soups, i feel they are easier to digest. Sometimes big salad with little bit of fish. the only animal products i use is fish and chicken/egg, but i try to eat them as little as possible. Big vegetarian salad is also something what i eat pretty much every week in lunch.

dinner: sweeet potato or brown rice or qvinoa for carb with big salad for example. Beans or lentils sometimes or maybe fish or egg if i didnt eat animal products on lunch. like i said i prefer not to eat much animal products.

get a solid juicer and start making vegetable juices, you can throw anything into the juicer.

i also use himalyan seasalt, maca and mct oil for superfoods.

try buying everything organic is possible, specially youre fruits.

I still do stupid shit like eat coffee little bit, that is my only semi-addiction in foods/drugs probably. I´ll try to quit.

19 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

I still do stupid shit like eat coffee little bit, that is my only semi-addiction in foods/drugs probably. I´ll try to quit.

try replacing coffee with green tea? it worked perfectly for me. (as an italian I was very addicted to espresso ;) I drank 5-6 espressi during the study-periods before my exams) I also discovered matcha powder some weeks ago. It's delicious! and has even more antioxidants than conventional green tea leaves. 

Edited by phoenix666

7 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

try replacing coffee with green tea? it worked perfectly for me. (as an italian I was very addicted to espresso ;) I drank 5-6 espressi during the study-periods before my exams) I also discovered matcha powder some weeks ago. It's delicious! and has even more antioxidants than conventional green tea leaves. 

yea, i do use organic detox teas and green tea. basically im drinking coffee at work to handle my stress like most people, which is retarded, i know. but im no heavy user and im trying to quit. one cup of tea in the evening sometimes

1 minute ago, Richard Alpert said:

yea, i do use organic detox teas and green tea. basically im drinking coffee at work to handle my stress like most people, which is retarded, i know. but im no heavy user and im trying to quit. one cup of tea in the evening sometimes

doesn't coffee make you even more stressed? stimulants activate stress response even further and then make you crash again. coffee is a strong stimulant and fast acting. green tea is a bit softer and longer lasting. you could take a thermos bottle filled with tea to work ;) good luck with your improvements!

4 hours ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@Michael569 Wow! I was moved by all of your suggestions. I will try these one by one and will be mindful of the foods I will ingesting. Thanks much for this info. I've been running before but because I was too busy I haven't got any time doing it now. Bless you heart!

You are welcome, I hope you will find it helpful :)

Once you start cleansing yourself, you will see your energy levels escalate. Good time to run is in the morning on empty stomach which is where your body detoxes greatly and also burn stored fat cells instead of sugar since none of is left after night.  Take a shot of water with lemon and cayenne pepper to give yourself a kick start to boost metabolism before you head out ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

doesn't coffee make you even more stressed? stimulants activate stress response even further and then make you crash again. coffee is a strong stimulant and fast acting. green tea is a bit softer and longer lasting. you could take a thermos bottle filled with tea to work ;) good luck with your improvements!

yes of course. i know all of this, but im a fucking retard imperfect human

@PretentiousHuman

• When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need.
  • Taking heavy meals in short durations without  proper digestion of earlier meals produces toxins.
  • Always try to eat fresh lukewarm food and in limited quantities. Food should be taken at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime, as it helps in ensuring proper digestion and a sound sleep.
  • Physical exercise should be an inevitable part of your daily routine. Apart from this, yoga practice will help in bringing lightness to the body, stability, ability to work, resistance to discomfort and will stimulate digestion.
  • Ayurveda also believes that mind is a very powerful tool in both causing and curing any disease, and hence, mental discipline and adherence to moral values are considered a pre-requisite for health. Hence, ethical basis of life is considered to be a vital health support system.
  • After eating rightly you should not feel heaviness and drowsiness. But perhaps all of us feel heaviness and drowsiness after our meals – then we should know that we are eating wrongly.
  • Some people get sick because they do not get enough food and some people get sick because they get too much food. 
  • If a man experiments for a few months with awareness, he will certainly find out which is the right food for him, which food gives him tranquility, peace and health. There are no real difficulties but because we do not pay any attention to food, we are never able to discover the right food. 
  • Eat with awareness. People are simply throwing food into their mouths, not even chewing it, just swallowing it. A few things happen as a by-product of awareness. Their eating will be slowed down. They will start chewing, because unless you chew your food you are putting an unnecessary burden on your whole system. The man of awareness eats only as much as his body needs. He immediately feels that now there is no need; the hunger is gone, he is content.

@PretentiousHuman

Walk in morning and evening regularly, empty stomach. Walk very slowly, move as if all eternity is available to you. Take every step consciously. Keep your body loose especially lower belly (abdomen) and shoulders. 

Don't breathe from chest, always breathe from belly (abdomen), try to keep your lower belly relaxed all day.

Don't do anything which exhausts you, like watching too much TV, playing too much video games etc.

If its legal in your state for medical use i highly recommend it, a close friend also had similar results with cannabis oil.

I Send you Love <3

B R E A T H E

@PretentiousHuman Have you heard of Wim Hof the Iceman? In the Netherlands where he lives I know of a man who cured his own crohn's disease by applying the Wim Hof method. He wasn't able te work before, now he is. I've seen a video of it some time ago. Couldn't find it now, but if you want I could search a little more see if I can find it again (it's in dutch however).

Anyway, this might help too:

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:33 PM, Michael569 said:

Start by addressing the causes in your life.  Majority of diseases that humanity has are lifestyle choices. Retrospect back on your life. Where does your lifestyle backfire?:

1. Smoker ? Alcohol drinker? Coffee drinker? 

2. Excess animal food? ( meat, dairy, eggs, ) 

3. Excess sugar? ( includes fruit sugar, honey, agave, pasta, pizza, pastry.....) 

4. lack of exercise? ( 5 times of week minimum) Heavy weight lifting and high heart pounding aerobic exercise. 

5.  Stress at work? stress at home?  bad relationship? 

6. Polluted water source, living close to highway, power plants, coal mines.....

the list goes on and on and on.......

Start treating symptoms first before you include "superfoods" and ultraffoods for hundreds of dollalrs.  

Once you have identified causes , what can you do?  Become your own doctor, take your health 100% in your own hands!

Re-starting your immune system

Look into Juice Fasting and Enema cleansing to give your immune system a "restart" and boost. Don't blend,  Juice !! No fruits, only vegetables, seaweeds and a lot of fluids. Hold your nose if it tastes bad or add Stevia. No sugar. Get a decent cold pressed juicer ( not blender and not centrifuge juicer).

Enema will help cleanse your intestinal tract like nothing else. It is not a usual method and a bit uncomfortable the first time so make sure to use some oil with it( coconut, olive)  :) to help "get it in." Majority of docs will not recommend this as it doesn't earn money.

Be prepared for symptoms of serious detox ( headaches, swinging moods, cramps, lack of energy) those are all symptoms of detoxifying, you might feel like shit before you get better. 

* NO ANIMAL FOOD during this phase

* NO PROCESSED FOOD

* NO SODAS AND SWEETENED DRINKS

Do your homework and research before you fast or try enemas as there are many aspects to consider.  

Heal Yourself 101 from Markus Rothkranz is a great source of incredible information. 

Other things you can do if you don't like the idea of fasting

1.  Raw plant based diet, preferably vegetables, small amounts of fruit, seaweeds , seeds and little nuts ( grinded, soaked). Don't worry about protein, you'll get enough of it. 

2. Exercise - you know the benefits. 

3. take sauna for detox ( ideally infrared if you can) , daily. 

4. Don't touch animal food during your cleanse phase. 

5. Avoid all shit food - many threads have been opened on this forum discussing this. 

START TODAY

Dear Michael, I registered on the forum only to express my appreciation for what you wrote in this thread. My gosh, it might sound fabulously but my life changed after this specific post. But I have actually realized it a bit later because changes were quite slow. It's hard to look at yourself and to soberly assess what you do and how you think. As you said it's all about life choices and choices are effects of your mindset. It's all about mind and how you think about everything around you and about yourself. Might feel like I had an insight after reading your post and it's what I actually feel. I didn't realize how your habits affect you and what power they have to change you. And... I don't know what to add. I'm sure you understand everything. Just thank you.

@raingurl wow, this was some time ago. Some of my opinions would have changed since then but majority probably not. Glad you find it helpful, all the best on your healing journey! :) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@PretentiousHuman There are simply foods your body cant process. Figure out what they are and stop eating them, its that simple. Google autoimmune protocol diet and the crohns diet.

Everyone is over complicating things with fasting and juicing, the moment you start eating "regular" food again everything will come back.

There is likely other issues involved, bad gut bacteria, parasites, nutritional deficiencies or toxin buildup.

I recommend getting a hair analysis,, fungal infection test, stool analysis test and parasite test.

Not with a doctor, they are not trained for this. The people you are looking for are called Functional medicine practitioners. Find one near you. 

@PretentiousHuman Its been a few years since this thread was posted, can you give us an update on your health?

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@raingurl

Hi. I didn't know that you followed this post of mine regarding my Crohn’s disease. Do you also have this? Congratulations on your improvements. Are you vegetarian now? Enlighten me with your experience.  

"Wake up."

-- God

@Michael569

Hi Michael. Your post is on point and i see that someone really improved with your suggestions. However, my experience with my Crohn’s disease is difficult to be strict in terms of diet. The healthy diet is expensive for me as i rely only on the foods served to me by my family. Even though i want to eat veyall the time and the so called healthy foods, the dining table is, most of the time, served with pork and other meat recipes. And my family, specially my parents, are not into healthy diets. But I still love them, that might be how there parents raise them. 

Im also into bodybuilding which i consume protein shakes so i can build muscle.

That being said, help me to live a life that i can probably be Crohn’s disease free. Thanks a lot. 

"Wake up."

-- God

@integral

Hey. Thank you for your concern. A year has passed. But i still have the sign and symptoms of Crohn’s disease. Like what I mentioned on my reply to Michael, the reply prior to this, its very hard for me to be always eating what im suppose to be eating which is healthy. Factors like financial, family influences, discipline, Co workers influences. Im a nurse by the way. And when you are the one only living with this disease its very hard especially when you cannot relate with somebody else that also have the same disease as yours. 

Thanks a lot for your comments. 

"Wake up."

-- God