bernieboy20

Its Time To Get Real

46 posts in this topic

Here's the truth of the matter that no one is willing to admit. Enlightenment doesn't exist. Its purely delusion. Your consciousness will never leave your body and you will never become anything different than a guy sat in a room or a guy playing with his kids. 

Get real. You're all running away from something and your hoping and praying that there is more to reality than just this. There isn't, sorry. There's no magic pill or magic moment. The best you can hope for is a rush of euphoria, but even that will pass in a few days. 

The only reason you're on this forum is because you're all losers, societal drop-outs, lazy hippies, have been abandoned by your families and friends. Now you're looking for something outside of that frame to seek salvation.

Get real.

Ok.
gAoX6Oy.png

Edited by Annetta

cool story bro. You feel better now about the nagging worry that there might actually be some truth about this whole enlightenment thing?

For how long did you search ?

To say what you say, that means you didn't even get a samadhi or a no-self experience, which aren't that hard to get
You can have those easily in the first weeks/months.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The first few months I was meditating 2 to 3 hours everyday, so every 2 weeks or so I had a samadhi.

Most of them I didn't even search for, but it was kind of easy to force it  by watching into a dog or a cat eyes for more than 5 minutes.

I don't think you need to meditate that long everyday to get one, just do a hardcore week end with 3 to 6 hours per day in long sessions and try on some peaceful and stationary animals like rabbits or cats, or your girlfriend/wife (if she's patient :P ).

Now you talk about short glimpses of Samadhi, but those samadhi I'm talking about lasted for like 2 to 3 seconds, but it's enough to realize spirituality is no bullshit.

Same thing for a no-self experience, it's just about doing nothing in nature/meditating for a very long period of time, and it comes naturally.

@Captain Flint You might not even need anything else than trying, it's not like you're a total newbie.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@bernieboy20 Your words are beautiful. What were the emotions that motivated you to write this post?

If this is all there is, are you learning to really enjoy it? Did you enjoy typing this post? Are you enjoying reading my answer?

Enlightenment is fully enjoying life. And being on the path of enlightenment is learning to enjoy life more and more. Who cares if we achieve enlightenment or not, if our life becomes more and more enjoyable? :D 

@bernieboy20  

The only reason you're on this forum is because you're all losers, societal drop-outs, lazy hippies, have been abandoned by your families and friends

projection

43 minutes ago, bernieboy20 said:

Enlightenment doesn't exist. Its purely delusion.

If enlightenment does not exist then what about  all enlightened people around the world?  All great historical figures that were enlightened... All people  who write entire books, give seminars, dedicate their lives to this... The religions that got formed... Because ey. They´re all hippy losers, right? That is a pretty big claim right there. Not all spiritual seekers are societal dropouts by the way.

I´d also be interested in what you mean by "get real". If there was something more worth of pursuing, I would be very interested to know what that is and why of course.

12 minutes ago, Anna Konstantaki said:

If enlightenment does not exist then what about  all enlightened people around the world?  All great historical figures that were enlightened... All people  who write entire books, give seminars, dedicate their lives to this... The religions that got formed... Because ey. They´re all hippy losers, right? That is a pretty big claim right there. Not all spiritual seekers are societal dropouts by the way.

I´d also be interested in what you mean by "get real". If there was something more worth of pursuing, I would be very interested to know what that is and why of course.

You don't know that, just as the op don't know if its claim is real or not.

These are just thoughts in your mind, you actually really don't know if Jesus lived, or the Buddha, or even Gandhi.
You don't even know if your president is a real person or not, may be a total fiction, just like you don't know almost anything in life (as everyone else).

Most of the things we think we know is just beliefs in our minds, with no first hand experience to back it up, it's just stories.

This is critical to understand if you walk the path, because everything, and I literally mean EVERYTHING you didn't experience for yourself, is just a story.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Thank you for this Shin. That is why I give him all space to prove why he thinks what he thinks. If enlightenment does not exist then fine. Then I´ll just taste the benefits the practices bring with them-no problem. At least I can choose what I want to spend my time on in this life. The thing is this... And maybe you can help me... Knowing is truer than believing, right? I think there is one exception though. Don´t you have to believe that enlightenment is even possible in order to get there?

Edited by Anna Konstantaki

3 hours ago, Captain Flint said:

I know that it should be the case, but I'm meditating for almost 3 years of 1h/day meditation

You meditate for one hour and what do you do in the remaining time? – something anti-meditative. Naturally your one hour will be defeated. The enemies are too big, and you are giving too much juice and energy to the enemies and just one hour for meditation. No, meditation in the past has not been able to bring a rebellion in the world because of these fallacies.

Meditation is a lifestyle, not an activity. Someone asked Buddha, ”How shall we meditate?”

Buddha replied, ”Whatsoever you do, do it with awareness; this is meditation. Walking, walk attentively, as if walking is everything; eating, eat with awareness, as if eating is everything; rising, rise with awareness; sitting, sit with awareness; all your actions become conscious, your mind does not travel beyond this moment, it remains in the moment, settles in the moment – this is meditation.”

Meditation is not a separate process. Meditation is simply the name for life lived with awareness. Meditation is not an hour-a-day affair where you sit for one hour and then it is over till tomorrow. No, if twenty-three hours are empty of meditation and only one hour is meditative, then it is certain that the twenty-three hours will defeat the single hour. Non-meditation will win, meditation will lose. If you are living twenty-three hours a day without awareness, and only one hour with awareness, then you will never attain to the state of meditativeness. How can this single hour triumph over the other twenty-three hours?

There is something else that also has to be understood. How can one be aware for one hour if in the remaining twenty-three hours one is not aware? How can you be healthy for one hour if you are sick the other twenty-three hours of the day? Health and sickness are the result of an internal flow. If you are healthy for twenty-three hours of the day, you will be healthy for all twenty-four hours, because the internal flow cannot suddenly be broken for just one of those hours. The current that is flowing goes on flowing.

So understand well that meditation is not just one of life’s innumerable activities. It is not just one link in the chain of man’s endless doings. Meditation is your freedom, not a biological necessity. You can learn meditation in a certain period of time every day to strengthen it, to make it stronger – but carry the flavor of it the whole day.

First, while you are awake, from the moment you wake up, immediately catch hold of the thread of remaining alert and conscious, because that is the most precious moment to catch the thread of consciousness. In the day you will forget many times – but the moment you remember, immediately start being alert. Never repent, because that is a sheer wastage of time. Never repent, “My God, I forgot again!”

You can continue for one hour every day to learn, to refresh, to give more energy and more roots – but don’t be satisfied that that’s enough. That’s how the whole of humanity has failed, although the whole of humanity has tried in some way or other. But so few people have been successful that by and by many people stopped even trying, because success seems to be so far away. But the reason is that just one hour won’t do.

You have many things to do, so find time. But that time is not meditation, that time is only to refresh yourself – and then again you will have to work, earn, do your job and a thousand and one things. Just remain alert whether it is still there inside or it has disappeared.

This continuity then becomes a garland of twenty-four hours. Only then, you will be able to experience divine – not before it. 

The journey is vast, and you cannot be in a hurry. If you are in a hurry you will never be able to move to the other shore. On your part great patience is needed, and a trust that the whole existence is in support of all those who are trying to grow spiritually. Remain joyous, wait with great love. Everything takes its own time, impatience makes no sense. Patience is the way of existence. Remain relaxed, because the more excited you become the farther away is the goal. The experience is going to happen only when you are utterly silent, just a pool of silence… your whole energy so relaxed, as if it is absent. 

Subjectivity needs long patience, a waiting. It grows, but not in a hurry. It is not a seasonal flower. You cannot get it and within a month it is flowering. It takes time. It is the eternal tree of life. You cannot do it in a hurry.

If you are in a hurry, if you are in haste, you will never know the taste of meditation. The taste of meditation needs great patience, INFINITE patience. Meditation is simple, but you have become so complex that to relax it will take time. It is not the meditation that is taking time — let me remind you again — it is your complex mind. It has to be brought down to a rest, to a relaxed state. THAT takes time.

It seems you think we are unaware of something that you wish to enlighten us...... ironically delicious.

3 hours ago, bernieboy20 said:

The only reason you're on this forum is because you're all losers, societal drop-outs, lazy hippies, have been abandoned by your families and friends. Now you're looking for something outside of that frame to seek salvation.

Enlightenment is meant for losers, unless you are ready to lose everything, unless you are ready to accept your laziness, unless you live in the society but remain untouched by it, you can't know the mystery of life.  It is difficult to convince you that enlightenment is a moment when you are not doing anything - the doer is absent. 

Sooner or later death is coming on its own, what's wrong if I live like a dead man ?

If you are frustrated with the path. I recommend jerking off.