Leo Gura

Leo's Blog Discussion Mega-Thread

9,766 posts in this topic

I have read about standards of rape being invented.

Firstly, Marital rape wasn't fully recognized in America until 1993. The reason is that too many people simply assumed that the relationship itself conferred consent. To this day, the outcome is that in intimate relationships there are still men who use force to get sex, believing it is consensual. Therefore the rapist in his worldview claims "it was consensual" because that is how humans have thought for millennia. It required numerous horrendous cases of rape and murder to make the alternative framework of consent hard to reject.

This also explains why women don't have consent rights in parts of the middle east. If developed countries haven't done this until recently, then of course less developed countries would not have these kinds of consent frameworks. In fact, ancient rape laws are defined as "rape is when a man penetrates a virgin woman without the consent of her father." This is part of what points toward "Marry the Rapist" laws and "inviting the rape." In this worldview it makes sense because if a woman has what we would consider consensual sex with a man she loves, then in their worldview it would be equivalent to inviting rape because the father did not consent. The woman may have decided she wanted to marry this man anyway despite him technically being classified as a rapist. From this point of view rape and marrying the rapist would be considered "good for the woman because she wants it" as Leo was describing. Unfortunately, this also applies to women who were violently assaulted in cases which we would consider rape in western countries.

I hope it helps to clarify how wide the range is in terms of defining rape. Some frameworks make the rape of males literally impossible. Therefore pedophilia would be described as something like sodomy instead in ancient laws of sexual misconduct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In conjunction with inventing rights, the leftist also often believes that human evil has to be taught.

Evil is not seen as something innate to humans. It's always social conditioning, trauma, lack of education, patriarchy or some other malevolent force blocking the inherent goodness of people. Which is of course is partially true, but still misunderstands the situation.

 


"Finding your reason can be so deceiving, a subliminal place. 

I will not break, 'cause I've been riding the curves of these infinity words and so I'll be on my way. I will not stay.

 And it goes On and On, On and On"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aurum how would a leftist explain someone like Ted Bundy? Sometimes people have structural differences in their brain which make them incapable of empathy. Combine that with a joy for power and control and you end up with a sadistic serial killer. Does the leftist account for brain structure in psychopaths?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trenton said:

@aurum how would a leftist explain someone like Ted Bundy? Sometimes people have structural differences in their brain which make them incapable of empathy. Combine that with a joy for power and control and you end up with a sadistic serial killer. Does the leftist account for brain structure in psychopaths?

Some might account for brain structure.

But they might also say something like "Ted Bundy wasn't born a sadistic killer. No child grows up wanting to hurt others. The lack of love he received in his childhood, plus his patriarchal conditioning that women are inferior turned him into a killer. But that wasn't the real Ted Bundy. If Ted had a different childhood and had been taught differently, we would have seen the true Ted Bundy".


"Finding your reason can be so deceiving, a subliminal place. 

I will not break, 'cause I've been riding the curves of these infinity words and so I'll be on my way. I will not stay.

 And it goes On and On, On and On"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If a man thought that rape was wrong, he would never rape a woman."

People violate their own morals all the time. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Leo, 

Just wanted to say thank you again for your work and the time you take to respond here. I recognize I at times take that for granted.

Your work has helped me a lot I think and I see myself becoming a man people enjoy being around and that brings wisdom, safety and kindness where he goes. I am seeing how those around me appreciate this and it’s meaningful. 

I know your work has grown me, and showed me wisdom that I can learn from. 
 

I am far from perfect, and I’m aware of this at times more than others. But, I think your teachings to me and my own unique expression of love reverberates through others who don’t even know you. 

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thought Art Cheers man.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Hey Leo, 

Just wanted to say thank you again for your work and the time you take to respond here. I recognize I at times take that for granted.

Your work has helped me a lot I think and I see myself becoming a man people enjoy being around and that brings wisdom, safety and kindness where he goes. I am seeing how those around me appreciate this and it’s meaningful. 

I know your work has grown me, and showed me wisdom that I can learn from. 
 

I am far from perfect, and I’m aware of this at times more than others. But, I think your teachings to me and my own unique expression of love reverberates through others who don’t even know you. 

I second this. I discovered a lot of this work through my own self but since I am a very chaotically minded person (something I have also learnt to love and embody in a wholesome, productive fashion for myself and others), truly grokking my experiences was a complete blur until I stumbled upon Leo's work (which gave my chaotic being a well needed taste of order) and by extension this amazing resource of a website, on top of the great people on here who definitely make my journey feel less isolating even though we communicate through pixels lol. I have met many spiritual and psychonautic people in my post-awakening experience of life and to this day, barely any I've met in person have held a candle to the authenticity and intellectual-bravery exhibited within this circle Leo has curated. I thought I was going mental until I realized so many spiritual people I have met chat absolute shite haha. Very glad to be taking a closer look at this website and forum nowadays.


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait for the Alien Consciousness video.

It’s going to feel like cinema.

I hope it gets released before 2030.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Also, I think I can become a good philosopher as I get older too. Perhaps better than anything I can imagine because I found you in my early 20s. 
 

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's horrifying to consider I am just a piece of meat in some cultures.

It's a girl

I am grateful I was meant to have an experience of being a women in Australia at this time in history 🙏🏻

I appreciate you sharing and calling awareness ❤️

 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nemra said:

Years back I would have ignored her experience by labeling it as merely religious belief and not real.

But now I can empathize with her. It's profound; it brings tears to my eyes.

<3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joshe said:

"If a man thought that rape was wrong, he would never rape a woman."

People violate their own morals all the time. 

You sure love to nitpick rather than getting the gist of what is being said.

Keep in mind the blog shares half-baked insights. Says so on top of the blog. The blog is not a book.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.actualized.org/insights/its-a-girl-documentary

Men go missing and are murdered at much higher rates than women. This is true for every country.

What is more, in first world countries women are outcompeting men, in almost every metric that matters:

• Academic achievement

• Investment returns

• Decision-making

• Life expectancy (less suicides and harmful behavior)

When women lag in a specific area the narrative is "society needs to do something and it's somehow men's fault" but when men struggle the narrative is "men are just lazy stupid impulsive brutes".

But admittedly, the fact that despite their history women can perform so well in so many disciples and facets of life shows how amazing and resilient they are and they should be celebrated at every justified opportunity for sure.

Edited by enchanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enchanted said:

Men go missing and are murdered at much higher rates than women.

It's not a competition. Lol


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

It's horrifying to consider I am just a piece of meat in some cultures.

Sorry.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a competition. Lol

You are right. And women's issues need attention for sure but so do men's issues yet it hardly exists. We are actually socially conditioned to care more about women than men. With the exception of the small ruling class, men have it just as bad as women and some metrics and countries even worse. 

If society kills more men than women how is the number of female deaths an indication of "genocide"?  It doesn't matter who is doing the killing. If an Asian kills every other Asian  it's still a genocide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

It's horrifying to consider I am just a piece of meat in some cultures.

It's a girl

I am grateful I was meant to have an experience of being a women in Australia at this time in history 🙏🏻

I appreciate you sharing and calling awareness ❤️

 

How do you think it feels to be a guy, who is seen to be a disposable weapon of war? Slaughtered by the millions at the whims of a few elite. The ruling class screws us all. Its not a gender issue. Men have it just as bad as women.

Edited by enchanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, enchanted said:

, men have it just as bad as women and some metrics and countries even worse. 

What metric? You think people don't oppose war?/ why do you think it is that people do oppose war?

 

Quote

 If an Asian kills every other Asian  it's still a genocide. 

 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, enchanted said:

how is the number of female deaths an indication of "genocide"? 

You take that too literally.

The point of the video is not about genocide.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now