Nemra

Your Recent Movie Picks

318 posts in this topic

That new "Digger" movie was just ok in my OP. Reviews from people are mixed and seems about right. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoneWonderer said:

That new "Digger" movie was just ok in my OP. Reviews from people are mixed and seems about right. 

I am surprised it is so mid given all the Tom Cruise hype. He hyped the shit out of that film.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute Classic, Pierce Bronson's character helps a mentally retarded man who mows lawns reach super human level intelligence with nootropic smart drugs and virtual reality

Edited by JoshB

I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cubbage said:

Seeing Digger on Saturday. Idk, looks interesting, now even more interesting due to how polarizing it is.

Do update us with your op post watching. Interested in others perspective. Maybe I've seen waaaay too many movies and my expectations are too high. 1000+ different movies and shows last I counted. Only maybe less than 50 of those where truly amazing over a span of 20 years I've been seeing films.

Edited by LoneWonderer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a Seperate note the show "Mobland" is excellent! Season 2 has just dropped it's third episode and the second season so far is just as excellent as the first. Complex world building and realistic stage red depiction. High recommendation and praise from me :)

 

Edited by LoneWonderer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cubbage said:

Seeing Digger on Saturday. Idk, looks interesting, now even more interesting due to how polarizing it is.

Yeah, I am interested in it, though I don't go to theaters.

I am waiting for the Red Letter Media review. That should be good.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Digger (2026)

Was it good?


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Was it good?

I just got out of the cinema. Not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. I enjoyed how over the top and absurd it was, thought it was very funny despite being on the nose. There are a few twists and turns in the plot that reframe the whole film which was neat and creative. Perhaps a bit heavy handed, but very imaginative nonetheless. Felt like a film that is directly interlinked with the madness of our society, you could only get this type of art through the Trump era. I think this film lives and dies on whether the comedy lands for you. Tom Cruise is an excellent character actor and it was as much fun watching him on screen as it was imagining how much fun you could tell he was having. I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoys meta-comedy.


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cubbage said:

I just got out of the cinema. Not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. I enjoyed how over the top and absurd it was, thought it was very funny despite being on the nose. There are a few twists and turns in the plot that reframe the whole film which was neat and creative. Perhaps a bit heavy handed, but very imaginative nonetheless. Felt like a film that is directly interlinked with the madness of our society, you could only get this type of art through the Trump era. I think this film lives and dies on whether the comedy lands for you. Tom Cruise is an excellent character actor and it was as much fun watching him on screen as it was imagining how much fun you could tell he was having. I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoys meta-comedy.

Thanks for your op. I didn't find it funny unfortunately. To me the movie tried to hard to be what it tries to be. I also found the twists and turn points in the film bland and not what my go to choice would've been. Glad to hear others enjoyed it however.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Digger (2026)

Case in point to my last sentence above.

Edited by LoneWonderer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LoneWonderer said:

Thanks for your op. I didn't find it funny unfortunately. To me the movie tried to hard to be what it tries to be. I also found the twists and turn points in the film bland and not what my go to choice would've been. Glad to hear others enjoyed it however.

I watched it in a group which made it more funny than I imagine watching it by myself would have. The point of "trying too hard" I get, but that was a huge component of the meta quality of the movie, it knew exactly what it was and rolled with jt, hence why I enjoyed it. I could talk more about why this works but it would spoil the twist.

Either way, I wouldn't have minded if there was no twists, ridiculously OTT characters are always up my alley, Tom Cruise is an infectious performer and he is very talented at giving life to sleazeballs. Magnolia features my favourite performance from him as a PUA-type personality. This movie felt like a mashup of Dr Strangelove and there will be blood but with the whimsy of Birdman. I'm very glad it's so polarising, shows it was brave enough to be 100% itself and not pander to anyone's expectations.


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll check it out when it comes out on streaming.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might see it on IMAX tomorrow.  I saw it today in the theater.  It is a good movie.  Very meta.  Reminds me of other movies I've seen like 8 and 1/2 if you've seen that one.  Kinda does a nod to Wall Street.  Very funny in a satirical way, and it is about being an actor in a meta way.  It is a deep movie.  Like a movie you could see a film or theater student make in school but done really well.  The ending reminded me of Point Break or Terminator 2.  It connected to a few movies for me in terms of tropes.  It is an actor's movie almost. 

It is also kind of a meta exposure (I'm trying to not use critique) of a group of actors (creators) working together and the tensions and personal issues that arise in putting on a collective performance.  And then the question is raised as to who the audience is too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I might see it on IMAX tomorrow.

Funnily enough I just saw it in IMAX (I'm in the US for the first time so there are way more IMAX cinemas than in the bleak shithole of the UK), second movie I've ever seen in that format, really added to the experience, especially the amplified sound!


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed this one. 
 

 


 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I might see it on IMAX tomorrow.  I saw it today in the theater.  It is a good movie.  Very meta.  Reminds me of other movies I've seen like 8 and 1/2 if you've seen that one.  Kinda does a nod to Wall Street.  Very funny in a satirical way, and it is about being an actor in a meta way.  It is a deep movie.  Like a movie you could see a film or theater student make in school but done really well.  The ending reminded me of Point Break or Terminator 2.  It connected to a few movies for me in terms of tropes.  It is an actor's movie almost. 

It is also kind of a meta exposure (I'm trying to not use critique) of a group of actors (creators) working together and the tensions and personal issues that arise in putting on a collective performance.  And then the question is raised as to who the audience is too.  

Agree with all of this 👌 


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now