rrodriguez11

What Type Of Water Should I Be Drinking?

25 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find a reliable source on what type of water to drink in order to maximize health benefits.  Tap, RO, distilled, natural spring, alkaline, etc.?

Edited by rrodriguez11

Acidic...

I believe bottled water is the safest, just plain old distilled water.

I usually drink either purified water and add minerals too it or natural spring water (bottled at source or locally collected at source) and sometimes rainwater after filtering and boiling.

I avoid any taps unless there is a highly advanced water filtration system in-built that i understand. I don't really follow the alkaline guidelines anymore but i try to drink water close to a balanced PH and sometimes slightly acidic is fine as found in natural springs. Just seems more naturally flowing.

Nature = Balance

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I'm also trying to find a reliable source of information. Dr Mercola is fairly reputable and he thinks over time Distilled water is going to cause you a problem. No issue short term. 

Considering i often drink lemon, and Himalayan pink rock salt in my water, i don't really think that drinking distilled water would cause a problem. Lemon juice alkalizes water and rock salt contains heaps of tasty minerals! 

I need a system that I can setup in my office because I can't touch the company's water supply.

I'm thinking of investing in Distiller like this. Quite expensive but I can't drink anymore Flouride here at work. 

Oh and I do get access to real spring water near a volcano for 40% of the time. It's just the 60% at work that I need clean water!

http://www.truwater.com.au/countertop-filter-systems/steam-distillers/spring-flow-steam-purifier-distiller-with-glass-bottle-mh943sg?cPath=&

What do you think of this?

The quality of tap water varies a lot depending on where you live. In Germany it's great. In other countries there's chorine in it. In some places it's polluted. 

I buy water only in glas bottles. St. Pellegrino is one I would never drink because it contains Uranium. Other than that it`s a question of taste.

Don't drink distilled water. It has no electrolytes in it, which your body needs.

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

Buy a filtration jug on Amazon. They are quite cheap these days and help you rid of the substances with large molecules that are commonly found in tap water ( iron, mercury, copper) However they do bad job with smaller substances. Just make sure you change the filter as often as suggested on instructions manual.  

I am toying with the idea of trying distilled water but haven't done enough research to justify the benefitfor myself. What I found though is that even though it has 0 mineral value, it doesn't contribute to your bodily toxicity the way usual tap water does. If your diet is healthy enough, you already get sufficient amount of minerals / vitamins. 

Filter as much as you can, you will actually tastes the difference if you live in country here the water is quite "hard" with a lot of chlorine. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

10 hours ago, philosogi said:

Don't drink distilled water. It has no electrolytes in it, which your body needs.

Is purified and distilled the same? always been curious about this and for electrolytes you can always have a little coconut water a day right?

B R E A T H E

8 hours ago, pluto said:

Is purified and distilled the same? always been curious about this and for electrolytes you can always have a little coconut water a day right?

I don't think purified and distilled are the same. Look at the nutritional information on the bottle and see what's in there. For distilled water, everything should be 0.

I'm not sure about the coconut water either. Maybe compare the type and quantity of electrolytes from your tap water (maybe available from your city) to the type and quantity from coconut water?

3 hours ago, philosogi said:

I don't think purified and distilled are the same. Look at the nutritional information on the bottle and see what's in there. For distilled water, everything should be 0.

I'm not sure about the coconut water either. Maybe compare the type and quantity of electrolytes from your tap water (maybe available from your city) to the type and quantity from coconut water?

Well i have TDS meter and my purified source shows 001 - 003ppm which is pretty much clean of everything. I use this water for cooking and teas but for drinking i enjoy locally sourced mountain springs, i find these make me feel more nourished in a way. I often have 100-200ml coconut water a day for vitamins/minerals/electrolytes ect.. Loaded with goodness and more potassium then a large banana.

B R E A T H E

15 hours ago, pluto said:

Well i have TDS meter and my purified source shows 001 - 003ppm which is pretty much clean of everything. I use this water for cooking and teas but for drinking i enjoy locally sourced mountain springs, i find these make me feel more nourished in a way. I often have 100-200ml coconut water a day for vitamins/minerals/electrolytes ect.. Loaded with goodness and more potassium then a large banana.

Mmmm wish I had a mountain spring next door.

8 hours ago, philosogi said:

Mmmm wish I had a mountain spring next door.

You can always research online and see if you can find bottled spring water delivery that's bottled at source that are also BPA free.

B R E A T H E

4 hours ago, pluto said:

You can always research online and see if you can find bottled spring water delivery that's bottled at source that are also BPA free.

For now I'll drink municipal tap water filtered through Brita. 

On 26/04/2017 at 11:00 AM, mostly harmless said:

I buy water only in glas bottles. St. Pellegrino is one I would never drink because it contains Uranium. Other than that it`s a question of taste.

Seriously ? Fucking URANIUM ? O.o

4 hours ago, Lynnel said:

Seriously ? Fucking URANIUM ? O.o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pellegrino

"

Uranium content[edit]

In 2007, the German consumer television program Markt reported that San Pellegrino contains uranium. Nestlé was informed about this and responded that uranium was common in both bottled and tap water and that the 0.0071 µg/l found in their product was below the 0.03 µg/l threshold established by various governments and food health organizations.[2] They added that San Pellegrino is not suitable for infants under 12 weeks of age.[4]

"

San Pellegrino is part of the Nestle-Mafia. Don't support them by drinking that anyway. If you live in Europe "Lauretana" is pretty good.

Edited by Toby

Bottled water is safe.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I get used to my Alkaline Water Pitcher. My tap water is hard, so to buy a water pitcher to get rid of heavy metals, chlorine and fluoride was an ideal option for me. I think the pitcher gives a better taste to my water and eventually makes it healthier for drinking, adding the essencial elements to it.  

Spring water is the best. You may be able to find a spring near you: findaspring.com The 2nd best would be filtered water, I use a Berkey water filter.