Someone here

The problem of not knowing and acting on the relative world

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

“Life is a land full of crocodiles. 

Life sucks because you don’t want there to be crocodiles. 

There is a way to end crocodiles. 

It is to become entirely infused with the reality of crocodiles with absolutely no resistance remaining to the reality that there are tons of crocodiles.”

Source: The Four Crocodilian Truths

Edited by BipolarGrowth

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

You guys are goofing around a lot ..even Leo as well . Get serious about my question please .

The quality of this forum has dropped significantly since the day I joined. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

On 5/13/2024 at 2:17 PM, Someone here said:

This is a problem im facing ..at this point im clueless about how to go about the rest of my life ..practically speaking like studying and career-wise ..the main reason is my discovery  that i can't be certain of anything than this present moment.  How can i know that studying hard will make me get wealth and payoff ? That's just one example. 

You’ve fallen into a nihilism of knowledge which is useless in the practical/relative world. Are you really uncertain that if you don’t brush your teeth your breath will stink? Get real man. How can you know that doing one thing will create a guaranteed result? You can’t. But you can use your reasoning to understand statistical probabilities and improbabilities. If you want to make wealth, study wealth generation and accumulation in your own time. University degrees tend to lead toward higher incomes and wealth, but I’d recommend getting a degree in something which is practically useful if you want to make money. This is such ubiquitous advice that I find it highly unlikely you haven’t heard of this before. Don’t get a degree in ventriloquy if you want to make a good living. Go for a STEM field, finance, or something of that sort, or you can rely on the passion route of studying and developing skills around your passion if you are certain you’ll have the energy in it and interest to see it through. Also, you don’t need a degree to become wealthy. We can’t find your life path for you. Leo has an entire Life Purpose course if you need help with direction. 

I am 100% certain that I am conscious and i exist How are you certain of this? Seriously. This isn’t a given. If you find comfort in the certainty of this statement, I can guarantee you that it is not something to have 100% faith in. 

but it is not possible for me to know with 100% certainty that other humans.. non-human organisms..the Earth and the rest of the Universe actually exist. I perceive my body..animals.. the Earth and part of  the rest of the Universe.
What does this have to do with wealth? Nothing. Get real. 

It is possible that what I perceive is either a dream or a hallucination or an illusion or a simulation and not objectively real. It is also possible that my perceived reality is actually real.. but I have no way of knowing this with 100% certainty. Given the fact that I cannot know with 100% certainty what is objectively real.. how can I know what is morally correct with 100% certainty?

Dream, hallucination, and reality are experientially equivalent. This doesn’t matter at all when it comes to practical affairs. There is no such thing as objective truth because experience is a subjective endeavor. 

Hoe can I know anything on the practical level if i don't know anything on the metaphysical/existential level ?

You are playing games with us and yourself by asking these questions. Having a reaction to that statement to the contrary is just another game. Stop the games. Go post on a wealth creation forum if you have to be on a forum. Spending time here mentally masturbating without the use of brain cells will not help you. 

Answered. 

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

@BipolarGrowth

You haven't answered Jack shit handsome...you just made baseless- mixed with quasi Trolling- statements. I don't want "probabilities"..I want FACTS .. Yup. None of what you said changed anything..you still don't know if even you can continue reading this post to the end .you are not certain of anything. Just like me .maybe even worse .but see..I'm Epistemologically honest. You are not .

Also i don't appreciate the Trolling and insults . I have worked at Starbucks for just over 3 years. These people are fucking idiots. It's just fucking coffee.. I'm not birthing your child or trying to kill you so please stop talking to me the way you are.

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Posted (edited)

We do act and behave already in spite of our fundamental ignorance, so this isn't an impediment.

What works is not the same as what's true. As long as it works, it is effective and doesn't need to be existentially true regardless of our wish to the contrary. 

Aside from the domain of skill, getting after what's true is recognizing a dynamic, becoming aware of something, grasping a principle, experiencing something differently in a way that is more aligned with the truth, and other relative aspects and it requires just that, seeing them as occurring in your experience. Then, there's the possibility of the absolute which is off the charts and has to be personally grasped. 

P.S: now that we are at it, there's a book titled Useful, Not True by Derek Sivers which deals with this dilemma; it might help you in this regard.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 5/17/2024 at 7:43 AM, Someone here said:

The quality of this forum has dropped significantly since the day I joined. 

Sounds like a you problem :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Someone here

'have only one point .. what you  are saying  is likr if I'm playing chess I must take risks because I can't be certain of all  the possible movements of my opponent..so is life like  that? I'm rather shocked and disappointed..that life is not certain makes me uncomfortable. '

Life is not something you win. You cannot play life trying to outplay your opponent there is no opponent. You just play and play positively. God is planning everything according to you, trying to defeat imaginary obstacles creates them. Let go of thought it not meant to be this confusing.

'You have a right to perform your prescribed duties, but you are not entitled to the fruits of your actions. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, nor be attached to inaction.'

Live life like you arent trying to beat something and you might finish everything and one day sit there with nothing to do and then God will touch you  with its penis between your eyes and cum directly inside your mind.

Do that or let life fully crush you

Edited by Hojo

All the planning one could ever muster is no match for dumb luck.

Objective reality is a crapshoot.

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, cetus said:

All the planning one could ever muster is no match for dumb luck.

Objective reality is a crapshoot.

Some people are able to be more effective than others in various domains. Consider--that's not a coincidence. You're using an excuse that gets you off the hook.

Edited by UnbornTao