Loreena

Does Having More Money Make You Happy ?

40 posts in this topic

:)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena

If you are happy and you have money, you will become more happy. If you are unhappy and you have money, you will become more unhappy because what will you do with your money? Your money will enhance your pattern, whatsoever it is. 

@Azrael that was beautifully put..

Edited by Loreena

@Loreena What is money! Money is a meaningless construct within reality, that is being given meaning by ourselves, just like virtually everything.
If you wanna give money the meaning of happiness, feel free to do so. But please know that this kind of happiness equals excitement, not contentment. 
Money can mean a lot of things though, that a healthy mind can give meaning to.
Here are some examples
Money = freedom
Money = contribution, ability to spread your creative genius to others
Money = health
Money = Influence (in a healthy sense, more in the contribution oriented sense)
In the right state of mind, of the healthy mind that is, the equation is always a two way street.
If freedom is the state of mind, if money is og significance to the individuals journey, it won't be an issue. If contribution is the state of mind of the individual.... and so on and so forth.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

18 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

So...the answer is ...money cant bring happiness. For sure.

Money can be beautiful — if it is not possessed, if you don’t become obsessed with it. It can be beautiful. If money circulates, moves from one hand to another, goes on moving, the more movement the better. Money should not become the goal, but I am not saying at the same time that you should renounce it and become beggars — use it, it is a good means. 

One should have money, earn money, produce money — and use it. One should hold it only to use and one should use it only to hold; it becomes a circle. Then a person is both, a miser and a renouncer together. You simply enjoy whatsoever money can give. Money can give many things and money cannot give many things; when you use it then you know what money can give. Money can give all that is outward — things of this world, nothing is wrong in them. Nothing is wrong in having a beautiful house. Nothing is wrong in having a beautiful garden — money can give it to you. But money cannot give you love, that is expecting too much from poor money.

@Loreena, in my opinion it does to a certain degree. Before I started working in my profession I had just enough money to live my student life. Then, when I began working I got enough money to not care any more how much I spent on my groceries, whether I can go the bar with my friends this weekend, whether I can share a beautiful dinner with a woman and take her out.

And this gives at least me some kind of freedom. It supports the life that I want to live, so it's a basis in a sense. However, it won't make you happy in the way you want to be happy. When you share a deep conversation with a friend, when you are in love, when you have a great meditation or an enlightenment experience you tap into a kind of bliss that is so beautiful and spontaneous that you'll instantly recognize that everything material you can possess cannot compete with that.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Does Having More Money Make You Happy ?

Someone won a lottery. His wife became very anxious, since it was far too much money for her poor husband. The lottery was worth one hundred thousand dollars. Even five dollars was a big sum for him, and here he was going to get one hundred thousand in a lump. But luckily the husband was not present in the house when the news arrived; he was in his office where he was a petty clerk. So she rushed to the local church and told the priest, ”My husband has won a lottery worth one hundred thousand dollars. It is too much money for him. Soon he will return from his office, and I am afraid this happy news might kill him. Can you do anything about it?”

The priest said, ”Don’t worry, I will come to your house soon.”

The priest came. The woman asked him what he was going to do. The priest said, ”I have thought out the whole plan. He will receive his happiness in installments.” When the old man came home, the priest told him, ”You will be glad to know that you have won a lottery worth fifty thousand dollars.”

The clerk said, ”If it is true, I will donate twenty five thousand to your church.” Hearing this the priest died of heart failure.

2 hours ago, Loreena said:

Someone won a lottery. His wife became very anxious, since it was far too much money for her poor husband. The lottery was worth one hundred thousand dollars. Even five dollars was a big sum for him, and here he was going to get one hundred thousand in a lump. But luckily the husband was not present in the house when the news arrived; he was in his office where he was a petty clerk. So she rushed to the local church and told the priest, ”My husband has won a lottery worth one hundred thousand dollars. It is too much money for him. Soon he will return from his office, and I am afraid this happy news might kill him. Can you do anything about it?”

The priest came. The woman asked him what he was going to do. The priest said, ”I have thought out the whole plan. He will receive his happiness in installments.” When the old man came home, the priest told him, ”You will be glad to know that you have won a lottery worth fifty thousand dollars.”

The clerk said, ”If it is true, I will donate twenty five thousand to your church.” Hearing this the priest died of heart failure

@Prabhaker @Loreena good trollface.gif

Money doesn't make you happy as such. If money makes you happy or unhappy, your living in the future, anticipating it's possibilities.
Right now, reading this post, you don't need direct money. You may need it to pay your internet bill, but paying your internet bill doesn't make you happy either.
Buying a new toy may make you happy, anticipating it's arrival and it's use. But soon the newness of the tool may wear off and you get bored with it, searching for another thing to buy. The money in this way is past and future in anticipation, dreaming and regret or forgetting.
Money may make the brain/mind/self temporarily happy, it cannot in itself make the true self happy, it cannot bring real permanent joy.

Regardless, a minimal amount of money to live comfortable is a requirement for happiness and enlightenment in today's society. Aside from joining a Buddhist or other monastery and letting everything go. But then you are substituting money for the security of the monastery, which is a crutch in the same way really.

27 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

@Loreena are you okay? Did I say something wrong? 

I just said money cant bring happiness. 

Are you okay? 

She already said something similar to Prabhaker in the past but apparently now changed her mind. Don't take it personal, it's her problem.

Edited by Ape

@Ape Don't judge people if you don't know them. 

4 hours ago, John Flores said:

Having more money can alleviate the tension for those who correlate not having it with the stressors in his/her life. However, if one does not accompany this with self inquiry, the money will not diminish the stressors, only divert his attention to different ones.

You're right on this @John Flores it will not diminish the stressors. Thanks for your input. 

How will it divert the attention. To what sort of stressors ? 

Edited by Loreena

9 hours ago, zazed said:

Money doesn't make you happy as such. If money makes you happy or unhappy, your living in the future, anticipating it's possibilities.
Right now, reading this post, you don't need direct money. You may need it to pay your internet bill, but paying your internet bill doesn't make you happy either.
Buying a new toy may make you happy, anticipating it's arrival and it's use. But soon the newness of the tool may wear off and you get bored with it, searching for another thing to buy. The money in this way is past and future in anticipation, dreaming and regret or forgetting.
Money may make the brain/mind/self temporarily happy, it cannot in itself make the true self happy, it cannot bring real permanent joy.

Regardless, a minimal amount of money to live comfortable is a requirement for happiness and enlightenment in today's society. Aside from joining a Buddhist or other monastery and letting everything go. But then you are substituting money for the security of the monastery, which is a crutch in the same way really.

Would you believe in minimalism ?

11 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

The clerk said, ”If it is true, I will donate twenty five thousand to your church.” Hearing this the priest died of heart failure.

I guess it was a good news for the priest. :)

What if the man said that he wants to give all the money to the priest ? 

@Loreena If you are too much unconscious, mentally ill, sometimes more money can bring disasters, threat to your life and security. I have seen it in my family. Only if you are a happy person , money will make you more happy.

@Prabhaker That's true friend. 

@Prabhaker So would you say more money will make you more happy now at this point. 

Edited by Loreena

It'd bring me happiness right now. I'd buy weed and KFC. 

2 minutes ago, Arman said:

It'd bring me happiness right now. I'd buy weed and KFC. 

I am imagining you eating that while sitting in a big mansion. How cool would that be. :)