Heaven

How is it a genocide?

45 posts in this topic

I can see lately a lot of misinformation online regarding Israel and Jewish people. Of course one aspect of a war is the cyber space and the Arab world obviously did a great job there.

A great lie is “Israel has been performing a genocide in Gaza”.

The facts are obvious..

Below is the growth of the population in Gaza in the last 80 years. 

IMG_5034.jpeg

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Heaven said:

A great lie is “Israel has been performing a genocide in Gaza”.

The facts are obvious..

Below is the growth of the population in Gaza in the last 80 years. 

Your graph ends in 2023. We are already 4 months in 2024, with much the damage being done in the last several months.

Also consider:

1) How much higher would the population number in 2023 have been without the war?

2) Attempting a genocide does not necessarily mean you have successfully eliminated an entire population. That may take much longer for Israel to accomplish, assuming they continue on their current path. The genocide is ongoing.

Edited by aurum

How is Hamas an existential threat to Israel when they just killed 800 civilians, many of whom were killed in crossfire?

Since you are talking numbers.

Hamas is 1/10 of the IDF size, not to mention lack of equippment.

A growth in population doesn't preclude genocide.

By international law, genocide involves:

https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide.shtml#:~:text=To constitute genocide%2C there must,to simply disperse a group.

1 A mental element: the "intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such"; and

2 A physical element, which includes the following five acts, enumerated exhaustively:

Killing members of the group

Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group

Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part

Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group

Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

So even if there a fraction are killed, if there is an intent to kill Gazans specifically for being Gazan, then it could constitute genocide.

The Hutus didn't kill every Tutsi. The Nazis didn't kill every Jew. But both cases were clearly genocide. 

How would you feel if your entire family got bombed on for no reason? I swear your an idiot man 

Posted (edited)

Undergoing the consequences of war as horrendous as they are, is not genocide. There is a real fucking genocide going on by Arab Muslims against African Muslims in Sudan but nobody cares about that because there are no Jews involved. This whole genocide thing is a farce and propaganda tool. Some good-hearted stage green people get mindlessly sucked in because they lack critical thinking skills.

As somebody who grew up on stories of real fucking Genocide and WW2 from the Russian perspective the whole thing is just nothing more than a cutesy stage green trend like 'defund the police' while also serving as useful idiots for real genocidal maniacs and blatant hypocrites.   

Edited by Vrubel

2 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

How would you feel if your entire family got bombed on for no reason? I swear your an idiot man 

Please self reflect on this response and review forum guidelines. I know this is a triggering subject but let’s avoid calling each other idiots. Perhaps try sharing your point of view, and answering the question they asked.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

41 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Please self reflect on this response and review forum guidelines. I know this is a triggering subject but let’s avoid calling each other idiots. Perhaps try sharing your point of view, and answering the question they asked.

I wasn't triggered. Okay he's not an idiot but he definitely isn't smart 

1 hour ago, Vrubel said:

Undergoing the consequences of war as horrendous as they are, is not genocide. There is a real fucking genocide going on by Arab Muslims against African Muslims in Sudan but nobody cares about that because there are no Jews involved. This whole genocide thing is a farce and propaganda tool. Some good-hearted stage green people get mindlessly sucked in because they lack critical thinking skills.

As somebody who grew up on stories of real fucking Genocide and WW2 from the Russian perspective the whole thing is just nothing more than a cutesy stage green trend like 'defund the police' while also serving as useful idiots for real genocidal maniacs and blatant hypocrites.   

+1 ❤

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Vrubel said:

There is a real fucking genocide going on by Arab Muslims against African Muslims in Sudan but nobody cares about that because there are no Jews involved.

13.000 people dead in 1 year compared to 35.000 in Gaza in 6 months.

Not to mention that Sudan is way bigger population.

If you consider that genocide than Gaza is giga genocide.

Do some research before spreading your propaganda here.

And intentionally deciding to bomb people with AI when they are home which results in their whole families dying is not "consequence of war", it is mass murder. Everyone involved with it should be shot.

Edited by Karmadhi

@Karmadhi Don't play the extremely redundant numbers game with me. Stuff like mass rape, (sex) slavery and ethnic cleansing happing there. In neighboring countries there are refugee camps of over a million people of mostly only women and girls. An indication that the men have been targeted for extermination. Of course, a lot remains unclear because no journalists can go there and the territory is so massive, remote and underdeveloped that it's not really overseeable, those numbers might not be accurate. Also, the harsh truth is that most people don't really care. Western People don't care but also Muslim and African people don't care. Because again, no Jews. Where is the South Africa genocide case against the Sudan for their fellow Africans?

18 hours ago, aurum said:

Your graph ends in 2023. We are already 4 months in 2024, with much the damage being done in the last several months.

Also consider:

1) How much higher would the population number in 2023 have been without the war?

2) Attempting a genocide does not necessarily mean you have successfully eliminated an entire population. That may take much longer for Israel to accomplish, assuming they continue on their current path. The genocide is ongoing.

You are expressing opinions but the facts are:

Militarily, Israel is capable of wiping out Gaza off the map within a few days
Implying there is a genocidal intent while seeing a factual population growth is being oblivious.

That being said, I wish there were no casualties on either sides that both unfortunately pay the inevitable price of a terrorist organization as Hamas which documented their actions on October 7th.

Ironically, the source for 30,000 deaths since the beginning of the war among the Palestinians side is also the same source who built its terrorist infrastructure inside hospitals, schools and civilian areas.

These are facts and I suggest you check them rather than feeding your brain with propaganda.

9 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

I can see why you support Hamas though..

Posted (edited)

So? Who is to say that they wouldn't have been at 3.5 million people by now if it wasn't for the situation between Israel and Palestine?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

So? Who is to say that they wouldn't have been at 3.5 million people by now if it wasn't for the situation between Israel and Palestine?

Who is to say they wouldn't be at 10 million and would be building spaceships if Hamas would using the insane amount of foreign aid they get to actually establish a properly functioning society and economy, instead of building tunnels they would use in a senseless war against Israel, while letting their population starve and be bombed with no possibility for shelter?

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

11 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Civilians die in wars. this alone doesn't denote genocide. Dresden, Hamburg, the Blitz and Hiroshima were not genocides. 

@Scholar My point is simply that one figure isn't significant enough to get a deeper insight into this issue. We don't know how this conflict has affected this number. We can speculate and say that if there was a "real" genocide, this number would be lower, but we could also speculate and say that this number would've been higher if it wasn't for the "existence" of this genocide. It's all speculation and that's what I'm pointing towards. The OP could've provided a broader range of stats and figures and connected them into a broader point, but this one stat holds no weight on it's own.

beep boop