Princess Arabia

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just want to clear up my pet peeve. I will give an example. 

Them: "Hey what's going on" 
Me: "Nothing much, what's up with you"

Them: No response for an hr. Then, "Aw nothing much just home watching tv"

Me: "Oh ok, I'm home just chillin'"

Them: No response for 2hrs. Then "oh, that's nice, what you doing tomorrow?

Me: Don't respond right away

Them: Responds back within 2mins ???

Get it, has nothing to do with who doesn't like to text or who is bored with texting or who doesn't like to talk about useless things. It means you receive a text that you respond to and they don't respond back to your response for an hr or 2 and when you don't respond for 5mins they all of a sudden are promptly responding with a question mark which means why am I not promptly responding. My pet peeve got way blown out of proportion and wasn't properly understood. My thing wasn't about who doesn't like useless conversations but that its a pet peeve when someone texts you first but doesn't responds back to your response.

I don't get angry if someone doesn't responds to my initial texts, it's when they don't respond back to my response to their texting me.  If someone texts me first, I think its rude to not respond back to their response promptly, if not don't text at all or at least if the convo gas been going on for a little bit and the initial hellos are out the way, that's fine. What ilm talking about is the equivalence of someone calling me on the phone and hanging up when i answer. Then calling back in an hr asking what took me so long to call them back.

Now I have a new pet peeve. Never start nonsensical threads.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

11 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Oh my, i hope this thread doesn't turn into a sexual debate about what women wear. Well, to be fair, if it's a pet peeve, its a pet peeve. But just to let you know, if a female wears a pair of pants tight or not, that's not her oversexualizing, that's you sexualizing her. Just so you know, a woman's body is a woman's body, it would be very terrible and traumatizing if we had to wake up everyday and worry about how we can dress today to not sexualize ourselves, to dress appropriately so that horny men won't see what we're wearing as sexualizing ourselves and that certain clothes will naturally reveal our figures without us even trying. That would be such mental agony to have to worry about those things just because it is troublesome to men to see us in something called a yoga pants. It gets frustrating to us since we just call ourselves just wearing certain clothes we like and thinks it's comfortable or feminine or whatever and guys think we're wearing it for them or guys get turned on by it then blame us for that when were not even thinking about them sometimes when we choose to wear certain clothes. Sometimes women wear certain clothes to try and attract men, yes, but even those same women aren't doing it all the time even when they wear revealing clothes. 

All this to say that you think that women that were slutty clothes shouldn't be categorized as sluts?

9 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

All this to say that you think that women that were slutty clothes shouldn't be categorized as sluts?

All this to say that people who call inanimate things, such as clothing, slutty are neurotic. And also me describing someone neurotic is also neurotic. And my whole statements are also neuroses and my sentence here is a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

49 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

All this to say that people who call inanimate things, such as clothing, slutty are neurotic. And also me describing someone neurotic is also neurotic. And my whole statements are also neuroses and my sentence here is a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

All I am saying is you should try to convince a population of men that dressing what they would call slutty isn't actually slutty. Let me know how that works out for you 

Posted (edited)

My biggest long term pet peeve is that my glucose monitor alarms are so loud and persistent that I have rageful fantasies of smashing it with a hammer, or not using monitor to the detriment of my health. I need it (or should use it/is very helpful) to monitor my high and low blood sugars. But there aren’t any monitors out there that have alarms that aren’t grating to my ears or make me jump. It’s embarrassing too when I’m out in public. It feels so infantilising to not be allowed the choice to customise alarms.  

Other pet peeves I have:

-When I loose and forget items and have to make back and forth trips to find things

-My family’s dog barking each time she goes outside

-Any pets nipping at or touching my feet

-Loud distracting sounds from environment or people

-The scratchy sensation of chipped finger nails

-Getting in the shower and realising too late I’m out of shampoo or conditioner

-Feeling rushed and pressured by others

-Being told to calm down

-Being told to smile

-Being told what I should or shouldnt wear

-Over interruption while talking

-Seeing someone not wash their hands after the restroom

-Someone leaving pee on or around the toilet 

-When movies have such dark lighting and no light, or such high contrast

-Phones staying out during social gatherings from people I want to talk with

-When the family dog was outside barking to be let in, and I was upstairs in my bedroom, and people were downstairs by the door and would sometimes tune the dog out/not let dog in

-When everyone within a group of people I’m with says ‘i’m happy with whatever, whatever you want’ and no decision is made (including me)

Edited by Myioko

45 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

All I am saying is you should try to convince a population of men that dressing what they would call slutty isn't actually slutty. Let me know how that works out for you 

who cares what men think.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

who cares what men think.

So you will never get married/have babies (since no man will ever want you because you don't care about their thoughts/ideas). Who cares about some single woman who doesn't even contribute to society by raising the next generation of children and only selfishly cares about herself?

The people who are grateful about how men built society are actually considerate of what men think. This didn't have to turn into a gender war thing but you asked for it

My pet peeve is when people say one and do another and are unaware of it, including myself.

9 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I just want to clear up my pet peeve. I will give an example. 

Them: "Hey what's going on" 
Me: "Nothing much, what's up with you"

Them: No response for an hr. Then, "Aw nothing much just home watching tv"

Me: "Oh ok, I'm home just chillin'"

Them: No response for 2hrs. Then "oh, that's nice, what you doing tomorrow?

Me: Don't respond right away

Them: Responds back within 2mins ???

Get it, has nothing to do with who doesn't like to text or who is bored with texting or who doesn't like to talk about useless things. It means you receive a text that you respond to and they don't respond back to your response for an hr or 2 and when you don't respond for 5mins they all of a sudden are promptly responding with a question mark which means why am I not promptly responding. My pet peeve got way blown out of proportion and wasn't properly understood. My thing wasn't about who doesn't like useless conversations but that its a pet peeve when someone texts you first but doesn't responds back to your response.

I don't get angry if someone doesn't responds to my initial texts, it's when they don't respond back to my response to their texting me.  If someone texts me first, I think its rude to not respond back to their response promptly, if not don't text at all or at least if the convo gas been going on for a little bit and the initial hellos are out the way, that's fine. What ilm talking about is the equivalence of someone calling me on the phone and hanging up when i answer. Then calling back in an hr asking what took me so long to call them back.

Now I have a new pet peeve. Never start nonsensical threads.

1)They are busy, and take advantage of little poses here and there to continue the conversation.

and/or

2)

They start the conversation because they are afraid of losing you, because they need you as a stopgap.
OR to "buy you", because they think that not making contact with you will cause you to ruminate/get upset because "I'm not being taken care of" or some boring delusion like that, and don't want to deal with that.

So in the first case they don't have time, in the second case they are forcing themselves to talk to you for some reason.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Princess Arabia 

I swear to you that I would like to have more benevolent interactions than this evening here or elsewhere, but the search for and sharing of the truth (at least what I believe to be) prevails.
Do not believe that it is to harm you or others.

I say that because generally, people see me as someone hostile, but no.
Whatever.

8 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

So you will never get married/have babies (since no man will ever want you because you don't care about their thoughts/ideas). Who cares about some single woman who doesn't even contribute to society by raising the next generation of children and only selfishly cares about herself?

The people who are grateful about how men built society are actually considerate of what men think. This didn't have to turn into a gender war thing but you asked for it

I really don't know why you're carrying on with this nonsense. You asked me about slutty clothes and how men sees it and i said who cares about what men think, referring to what they think about slutty clothes now you're talking about marriage and gender wars and how no man will ever want me because I don't care about what they think about slutty clothes and really about other women's issues and blah, blah, blah. Let's hear it. No man will ever want me because I don't care what men think, no man will ever want me because I don't care what men think, no man will ever want me because I don't care what men think...they should really want me then because now they can think anything they want. Freedom, baby. I just set you free. When will people realize, i can never be insulted. Save them for AI's kids and baby mammas'. When i'm through with you, you'll either just be cracking up, pissed to the tee, or begging for more,

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

)They are busy, and take advantage of little poses here and there to continue the conversation.

Why are people still not getting it. If they are busy why text in the first place.

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

@Princess Arabia 

I swear to you that I would like to have more benevolent interactions than this evening here or elsewhere, but the search for and sharing of the truth (at least what I believe to be) prevails.
Do not believe that it is to harm you or others.

I say that because generally, people see me as someone hostile, but no.
Whatever.

I don't have a clue what you're saying here. Or even where this came from.

10 hours ago, Myioko said:

My biggest long term pet peeve is that my glucose monitor alarms are so loud and persistent that I have rageful fantasies of smashing it with a hammer, or not using monitor to the detriment of my health. I need it (or should use it/is very helpful) to monitor my high and low blood sugars. But there aren’t any monitors out there that have alarms that aren’t grating to my ears or make me jump. It’s embarrassing too when I’m out in public. It feels so infantilising to not be allowed the choice to customise alarms.  

Other pet peeves I have:

-When I loose and forget items and have to make back and forth trips to find things

-My family’s dog barking each time she goes outside

-Any pets nipping at or touching my feet

-Loud distracting sounds from environment or people

-The scratchy sensation of chipped finger nails

-Getting in the shower and realising too late I’m out of shampoo or conditioner

-Feeling rushed and pressured by others

-Being told to calm down

-Being told to smile

-Being told what I should or shouldnt wear

-Over interruption while talking

-Seeing someone not wash their hands after the restroom

-Someone leaving pee on or around the toilet 

-When movies have such dark lighting and no light, or such high contrast

-Phones staying out during social gatherings from people I want to talk with

-When the family dog was outside barking to be let in, and I was upstairs in my bedroom, and people were downstairs by the door and would sometimes tune the dog out/not let dog in

-When everyone within a group of people I’m with says ‘i’m happy with whatever, whatever you want’ and no decision is made (including me)

That's it?

Posted (edited)

Entitled people talking, complaining and moaning about irrelevant superficial stuff that won't matter in 5 years, or even tommorow. When they're at school they talk about work like: "omg, I hope [name] isn't working today". Then when they're at work they're probably talking about school like: "omg, did you see the pants that the teacher was wearing today". It's a never ending cycle, every day it's the same.... but just in a different pile. It's seems like that's the only way they know how to relate to each other. They'll find anything to complain about, they've turned it into an art, like you could put them in heaven and they'll find something to complain about. Now that I think about it that's fundamental egoic predicament. Hm, maybe others superficial dynamics are just a reflection of the subtle dynamics withing us? :o

I don't mind having a conversation just for the sake of it, but my goodness not like that ^ 

Edited by Inception

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

People who paint an evil picture of you when they actively misunderstand you and then act as if they have taught you something.

Biggest pet peeve: humans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura I noticed that lol .. I always wondered why you started a forum? Don't you enjoy your solitude more? and also it's a lot of work, and there's a lot of human bullshit to deal with whereas with your videos you can just focus on intelligence and philosophy? 

No hate, I get a lot of value from the forum, but I have wondered this for a while

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why are people still not getting it. If they are busy why text in the first place.

19 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I don't have a clue what you're saying here. Or even where this came from.

I already explained, they force themselves to talk to you for some reason.
On the one hand, they are contacting you because they feel the need to do so, but at the same time as it is forced, they are procrastinating on the conversation they have started with you.
It's logical, isn't it?

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I love humans.

Humans are profoundly good and intelligent.

Edited by Schizophonia