NightHawkBuzz

Why is everything in the world so bad, awful, evil and horrible?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

This is a good book on the subject 

Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think by Peter H Diamandis

I hope so , but what's happening to the earth and the climate and the oceans going so fast , and nobody gives a shit  ( im talking about the goverments )

Edited by royce

You are highly sensitive and aware, first notice how regular people can live their daily day life with less struggle with the subjects either they are ignorant, or they don't care.

This puts you in a position to lead.

4 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@Javfly33 

However isn't that like hiding from the bad things that are happening in life?

Like if I avoid the news it's almost like I'm trying to avoid and hide from the bad things that are happening in this world.

Is that a bad thing though? Is just being smart and intelligent human. 

See If a guy is slapping faces on an alleyway and you are walking in the surroundings, would you consciously walk towards that alleyway to receive a good slap on your face so you don´t avoid hiding from bad things?

You could lump most of it into the bucket of "lack of consciousness". 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

12 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

Like if I avoid the news it's almost like I'm trying to avoid and hide from the bad things that are happening in this world.

Even if you avoid the news, your mind can still find ways to spin up crazy imagery and narratives. Instead of figuring out ways to avoid the news, let’s discover ways to relate to the news more healthily and with openness.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I had the same attitude not so long ago but i changed that because it was toxic and did no good for me. Some things that helped me.

- Why i am consuming so much news? There is more important stuff that i can focus on in my life that i can control.

- News is biased, a newspapers could actually be filled with positive news also. But nobody wants to read that. Bad news sells.

- Accepting that life is unpredictable and both sides of the coin are part of it, but we are also made for all this.

- Meditation Practice

- Having a goal or higher purpose in life

15 hours ago, royce said:

I hope so , but what's happening to the earth and the climate and the oceans going so fast , and nobody gives a shit  ( im talking about the goverments )

So many things that need to be done and you are worried about the weather? Where do you find the time

On 4/1/2024 at 6:24 AM, NightHawkBuzz said:

I just don't understand why I was born into this evil world. 

By externalizing your pain and painting it as "the world being evil", you just point your fingers away from the actual issue, which is an internal issue. It's a distraction. It's so much easier to keep blaming the world, because there is nothing you can do about changing it. YOU on the other hand can change, but it would require you to take responsibility for yourself and to move into action. You would have to let go of old beliefs, thought structures, emotions and so on, which would actually hurt. It's much more comforting to tell ourselves that there is nothing we can do, because the "world sucks so much". It's just a coping mechanism.

But if you want to take your belief seriously then consider this: By blaming the world, you ironically choose to do nothing about it, because the only way to do something about it is to take responsibility for it. All you can do is try and be the best version of yourself that you could possibly be, that's the best you can do for this world. You are NOT creating a better world by giving into the hopelessness and negativity. SO if you really cared about the state of the world, then this is what you should be doing. Chances are that you don't actually care for the world and simply use it as a strawman to justify your suffering to yourself and the people around you.

beep boop

choose the nows, leave the news

3 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

So many things that need to be done and you are worried about the weather? Where do you find the time

I'm Not Worried At All

I empathize deeply with your reflections on the challenges and suffering present in the world today. Your concerns echo a philosophical view known as antinatalism, which questions the ethics of bringing new lives into a world filled with inherent suffering.

Antinatalism is built on several critical arguments. Firstly, it considers the asymmetry between pleasure and pain, suggesting that while the absence of pain is good, the absence of pleasure is not necessarily bad, as there is no being to miss it. This leads to the conclusion that not being born spares potential beings from the suffering of life without depriving them of joy.

Secondly, the philosophy points out the issue of consent. No one chooses to be born, and bringing a child into the world is a decision made without the consent of the person who will live that life. Given the state of the world, this is seen as an ethical dilemma.

Additionally, life is inherently unpredictable and can involve significant suffering. Antinatalism argues that by choosing not to create life, we prevent the inevitable suffering that comes with existence. This is a stance taken not from a place of nihilism, but from a deep empathy and consideration for the potential suffering of future beings.

Lastly, considering the current environmental, social, and ethical challenges our world faces, the decision to bring new life into existence takes on further complexity. Antinatalism suggests that in light of these issues, refraining from procreation is a thoughtful response to the state of our world.

Your feelings and observations resonate with these philosophical concerns. Engaging with these ideas doesn't mean embracing despair but rather confronting the realities of existence and considering the implications of procreation with empathy and ethical seriousness. It's about questioning the status quo and considering the well-being of future generations in a deeply uncertain and often painful world.

Discussing and contemplating these issues is crucial, and it's important to approach them with care, openness, and respect for differing viewpoints. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and prompting this important conversation.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:06 PM, Javfly33 said:

Is that a bad thing though? Is just being smart and intelligent human. 

See If a guy is slapping faces on an alleyway and you are walking in the surroundings, would you consciously walk towards that alleyway to receive a good slap on your face so you don´t avoid hiding from bad things?

@Javfly33 Yeah that makes sense I didn't think about it like that actually. 

Posted (edited)

Keep asking the question and don't accept an answer too quickly.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.