Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bebotalk

hanging up on telesales

20 posts in this topic

is it rude to do so? is it bad if i don't care? 

more often than not, it's people who are from India who have very bad English, or don't even ask what they're about or what they're offering.  actually, i don't care if it's rude. they're the one offering the service, so they should say "hello Mr. x, my name y is and i am from z company". their firm needs sales, after all. 

It’s rude to spam call people. I have a setting on my phone that doesn’t even let my phone ring when they call me. Don’t feel bad hanging up. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Would you let a random stranger into your home if they knocked on your door and asked to come inside?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Would you let a random stranger into your home if they knocked on your door and asked to come inside?

what's the connection?

Are you one of the people who love to "regulate" what people post here nd in what tone? and gets iffy when "judged"? Is this some random crap you carry and project, since there is nothing out there stating you cannot be?

Yes :P

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Yes :P

then i won't stand for it. Keep on with your imaginary rules. which temple pandit or guru told you this? I'm genuinely curious. 

*click* 

block number 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

*click* 

block number 

i'm amused i annoy you and others. 

sorry but human beings have a variety of behaviours. your own inner psychology can dismiss reality. fine, I'll do the same. people can literally eat horse shit and not get sick or even die. i like creating my own realities and projecting it to the masses!

@bebotalk you are acting as if this is a deep psychological issue. Its someone spam calling numbers with a machine.

Posted (edited)

On 26.3.2024 at 5:25 PM, bebotalk said:

is it rude to do so? is it bad if i don't care? 

more often than not, it's people who are from India who have very bad English, or don't even ask what they're about or what they're offering.  actually, i don't care if it's rude. they're the one offering the service, so they should say "hello Mr. x, my name y is and i am from z company". their firm needs sales, after all. 

Is it rude to reject some ugly creep hitting on you?

Your intuitions will be based on how competent and engaging the person sounds to you, which can, of course, be exploited by really good con artists, but only to the degree that the con artist is significantly more intelligent than you are. Considering you are probably quite intelligent and the average call center agent is likely relatively unintelligent, this will usually result in the right call.

This will never result in a false negative though, so hanging up when you feel like it is always the correct call.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

17 hours ago, Hojo said:

@bebotalk you are acting as if this is a deep psychological issue. Its someone spam calling numbers with a machine.

Yes. is this too banal for you?

Answer me these then, wise man:

- should I give a fuck if it is? Are you anybody close to me or words on a screen?

- do you not get that humans have a variety of emotional states and mannerisms? Do you get offended that others aren't as consistently morose as you are? and you developed that as some edgelord who thought/thinks they know it all?

- is this thread any different from a smattering of musings about life? yes, it may be "trite". so fucking what. If you';re as spiritual and wise as you claim, you'd know that many things are banal.

- i can sense you wanting to beat me for challenging you. loooool. sorry, but again, as you're "wise", realise you're not owed anything. i can address in any manner as I wish. as can any human, as can I. tell me why you're "special"? you cannot. not literally in a million years. Were you spoilt as a child and it developed into narcissism as a youngster? 

- The calls I refer to are actually from living human beings. not machines. I thought wise people didn't assume or project? 

- Are you deeply hurt or offended that somebody doesn't think you're special? Will you keep on projecting random and subjective thoughts as reality? Or pick and choose since we all have to adhere to your hallowed opinions, since you actively let some kids from Arab countries or India post equally if not worse "banal" stuff?

I can tell I've triggered you. i don't really care. if you try and beat me - then one, you will lose. two, i have many family members i the police force in my country. and there is a public record here. you'd show you cannot control yourself, but then spoilt people often reckon they're above laws. maybe in jail, you'd get. psychiatrist to tell you not to give a fuck who likes or respects or not. as that's the human norm. pretty customary to act like this when a stronger disses you - 360_F_88538986_5Bi4eJ667pocsO3BIlbN4fHKz 

since assuming they HAVE to welcome you is cringe. 

Posted (edited)

@bebotalk your entire vibe is ask a question then imagine that people are attacking you. 

You wont smile at strangers but won't hang up on a robot calling you. And then form a grand story that people are attacking you because its not a massive psychological issue. Its as simple as hang up on the robot that is calling you.

I'm not mad at you I don't get how you think I care about any of this. I'm just commenting.

The human calling you is a robot reading a script to scam money from you.

Edited by Hojo

On 2024-03-27 at 5:24 PM, bebotalk said:

i'm amused i annoy you and others. 

sorry but human beings have a variety of behaviours. your own inner psychology can dismiss reality. fine, I'll do the same. people can literally eat horse shit and not get sick or even die. i like creating my own realities and projecting it to the masses!

You assume you annoy me. 

it was a good question. I just share my attitude. 

They call without permission for their own gain. I say no.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

On 27/03/2024 at 9:05 PM, bebotalk said:

then i won't stand for it. Keep on with your imaginary rules. which temple pandit or guru told you this? I'm genuinely curious. 

He made the link between telesales and the fact of enter in people house without their autorisation.

Either it’s a joke or you are mentally ill with your story of temple lol.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 28/03/2024 at 11:44 PM, Schizophonia said:

He made the link between telesales and the fact of enter in people house without their autorisation.

Either it’s a joke or you are mentally ill with your story of temple lol.

But you said BDSM was a mental illness, when it's clearly not stated as such in any medical text. I guess you make up conditions in your head. You shapw the world as how you want it to be, and actually think it is. I guess that's the spirtualist norm!

On 28/03/2024 at 11:17 PM, Thought Art said:

You assume you annoy me. 

it was a good question. I just share my attitude. 

They call without permission for their own gain. I say no.

As a general rule, people don't care if they annoy you. Though if it's intentional, then yes, one should care.

However, you'd cite some 1000-year-old guru's beliefs as gospel and the absolute truth, without realising there are different views in life. And me stating that people don't need to necessarily care about your feeling might trigger you, since your inner ego cannot handle it. I wasn't raised to be fearful of people and most aren't. I'd take the value my parents instilled in me rather than some crap one learnt in a temple based on the seeeminglhy "inviolable" values of said long-dead and retarded guru. 

6 hours ago, bebotalk said:

But you said BDSM was a mental illness, when it's clearly not stated as such in any medical text.

This is an abuse of language. It is a set of behaviors motivated by mental illnesses, and more generally an undesirable, more or less unconscious belief system.

I don't care what people do, I just want to push them towards the most profitable lifestyle possible that's all.
You do what you want.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

your temple as a child told you you're "special". lol. it's amusing you cannot handle a different view. 

The Indian IT and BPO/call center sectors rakes around 250 billion dollars and 50 billion dollars respectively annually.

Its possible that some scamsters or wannabe bpo entrepreneurs are testing the waters to see if their skills are adequate enough. 

They can also be from an another country as well. 

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole