emil1234

what convinced u that the nature of mind is the nature of reality?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

im interested in hearing your stories or your arguments.

personally i see absolutley no reason why the nature of mind should not be the nature of reality. materialistically we have 0 idea why the universe exists or how it came to be. from the perspective of the mind its possible to achieve nearly complete understanding of the universe.

furthermore, literally 0 evidence from the purposed "external world" goes against the findings of the nature of the mind, quite on the contrary, the newest findings such as quantum mechanics seemingly support the nature of the mind as the nature of reality. If there actually WERE an external world completely independent of the mind, there would be nothing keeping it from contradicting the nature of the mind, but this is not the case. the "external world" and the findings of the mind synergise and allign perfectly, with 0 contradictions. this i think is a good argument

You could say the mind would be capable of constructing a compatible and believe, yet still false theory of itself / reality working with the information it would have accumulated through sensory input from the "external world" thus far. however new information that is unknown to the mind should still be able to contradict this mind theory, and this has not yet been the case. the nature of the mind has remained the same for the past 3000 years, and scientific discoveries have yet to contradict the nature of the mind, again on the contrary, scientific discoveries support the nature of mind

Edited by emil1234

51 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

we have 0 idea why the universe exists or how it came to be

The universe exists.  Its a brute fact and what is ,is and that's it. 

Asking why the universe exists is not needed. 

It's like if you woke up one day and found yourself in a different country ...the wisest thing to do is not to ask why I'm in this country but to find a way to survive within this country.  It is what it is that you are in this universe and no one ever knows what we are doing here .but like I said you can reach a state of consciousness that you don't need to know .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here yea i agree.

i merely meant that materialism has so verrry damn little knowledge about the universe, and the mind seems to have it all answered

1 minute ago, emil1234 said:

i merely meant that materialism has so verrry damn little knowledge about the universe, and the mind seems to have it all answered

For me both physicalism and idealism fall short.  

We are living inside an infinite mysterious riddle . That's what existence is . Since it is said to be infinite there can never be any successful attempt to encapsulate it. Materialism or mentalism both equally false .

Just take your hand and look at it . Or look at the moon and the beautiful night sky with a geometric painted stars ⭐. 

Just marvel at the beauty of the unknown.

If life was completely figured out it would lose its spark and magic .

-Osho

@emil1234 🍻 

-Osho

Just Inquire about this, Why do we always ask WHY? If You were Blissed Out, would You ask Why this or why that? So find out where the question is coming from!

Mostly in today's world I would say its coming from our over active Intellects and Addiction to it, we are way too identified with our intellect, which in basic form is a survival tool, we are given an intellect at birth it just has to be feed data to function, if we didn't have it and since we are so weak physically compared to other life forms, we would have died off long long ago..As well our wanting to know comes from our most fundamental Desire which is to expand endlessly, be Boundless and totally Free, its just we are using the wrong tools to get to that point!

Now Intellect has to divide and separate to figure things out, it dissects, now think of the person You love the most, would you know all about them by dissecting them? No, probably not, so this inquiry in this form via Intellect will only get us further away from what is Truth or Reality.

Now if You Include everything as a part of Yourself, then You will know, the one You love the most, you Love them, feel Love for them because You have Included them as a part of Yourself, now You experience Knowing of them and a sense of Oneness, so this happens when another form of Intelligence arises within Us, Awareness, via Awareness our natural Intelligence, which is the same Intelligence that created everything arises within Us, and we feel Oneness and Knowing, connection with Everything, this is the idea behind Enlightenment!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

As they say, mind over matter.

I would like to update that quote, though…

MIND ♾️ MATTER

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

psychedelic. Its like your imagination falls out of your head and lands on the floor in front of you. You clearly see it if you being perceptive.

Its like omg this thing is making me.

Edited by Hojo

Everything is the same nature, everything is forms of existence, and since existence is conscious of itself, otherwise it would not be existence, everything is conscious, or mind if you prefer.

5 hours ago, emil1234 said:

The mind doesn't exist neither does a Universe. The presumed mind is what created the presumed Universe. That's why it presumably seems to have it all answered. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

It is actually very simple:

-can you separate reality from the mind?

-No

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Just Inquire about this, Why do we always ask WHY? If You were Blissed Out, would You ask Why this or why that? So find out where the question is coming from!

Mostly in today's world I would say its coming from our over active Intellects and Addiction to it, we are way too identified with our intellect, which in basic form is a survival tool, we are given an intellect at birth it just has to be feed data to function, if we didn't have it and since we are so weak physically compared to other life forms, we would have died off long long ago..As well our wanting to know comes from our most fundamental Desire which is to expand endlessly, be Boundless and totally Free, its just we are using the wrong tools to get to that point!

Now Intellect has to divide and separate to figure things out, it dissects, now think of the person You love the most, would you know all about them by dissecting them? No, probably not, so this inquiry in this form via Intellect will only get us further away from what is Truth or Reality.

Now if You Include everything as a part of Yourself, then You will know, the one You love the most, you Love them, feel Love for them because You have Included them as a part of Yourself, now You experience Knowing of them and a sense of Oneness, so this happens when another form of Intelligence arises within Us, Awareness, via Awareness our natural Intelligence, which is the same Intelligence that created everything arises within Us, and we feel Oneness and Knowing, connection with Everything, this is the idea behind Enlightenment!

These are just stories trying to explain and give reasons as to why we ask why. No one is asking anything. "Why-ing" is just happening. There's no one asking why and there's no self. Only the Absolute, which is no-thing appearing as everything. 

You're trying to make meaning of the meaningless. It has to make sense so you tell stories to make it make sense. Everything is just happening for no reason. The "I" story is the dream. Drop the "I" and there is no need to explain why someone asked why, because it just happened out of nowhere. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

On 3/25/2024 at 9:12 PM, thierry said:

It is actually very simple:

-can you separate reality from the mind?

-No

^^^Good post. Science can only say...we will keep trying. LOL. They will keep trying and failing.

Universe, Reality= MIND.

Deep Sleep=No Mind, no reality, no experience.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

what convinced u that the nature of mind is the nature of reality?

It seems more accurate to call Reality a Sentient Intelligent Conscious Mind than to say it is dead matter from which as an epiphenomenon causes consciousness to arise from.

Calling Reality Mind is by no means an all encompasing term but it feels more accurate than the Newtonian material mechanistic paradigm most humans are locked in right now.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

On 3/25/2024 at 9:13 PM, Princess Arabia said:

These are just stories trying to explain and give reasons as to why we ask why. No one is asking anything. "Why-ing" is just happening. There's no one asking why and there's no self. Only the Absolute, which is no-thing appearing as everything. 

You're trying to make meaning of the meaningless. It has to make sense so you tell stories to make it make sense. Everything is just happening for no reason. The "I" story is the dream. Drop the "I" and there is no need to explain why someone asked why, because it just happened out of nowhere. 

Yes ultimately Yes, but can You do it right now? If You can't we have to start from where we are, "I cannot stop making up stories, I believe there is an "I", I believe I am a Self"..

Your starting from the Top Down method and Realization, its all Maya, nothing exist, I just Am, bla bla bla, but what is Your present experience of Life right now? If You were in realization of the Top Down way, You would for sure be in Bliss, are You right now or at anytime You want? If not then You have to start with where You are right now, otherwise Your just playing mind games!

Say it all You want that this or that doesn't exist, no self, no mind, bla bla but how do You feel within Yourself right now, and if nothing exist, there is no I then who is responding, who is reading the posts, what is this forum?

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ishanga said:

Yes ultimately Yes, but can You do it right now? If You can't we have to start from where we are, "I cannot stop making up stories, I believe there is an "I", I believe I am a Self"..

Your starting from the Top Down method and Realization, its all Maya, nothing exist, I just Am, bla bla bla, but what is Your present experience of Life right now? If You were in realization of the Top Down way, You would for sure be in Bliss, are You right now or at anytime You want? If not then You have to start with where You are right now, otherwise Your just playing mind games!

Say it all You want that this or that doesn't exist, no self, no mind, bla bla but how do You feel within Yourself right now, and if nothing exist, there is no I then who is responding, who is reading the posts, what is this forum?

All that is irrelevant to what I'm pointing to because there's nothing that's happening that shouldn't happen. You're still thinking there's a person inside this body that can feel bliss if they do so and so - no such thing because that will just be another passing phenomenon, of which we have no control over. 

My current life could be in a death trap right now and it wouldn't make a difference, to me it would, but that would be what is happening. Depression, anxiety, sadness, grief could also be there, but that still is what is happening. You're saying you cannot help making up stories but you're still rebutting my comment and bringing up more stories as to why I'm not in bliss and asking who am I talking to and blah blah. 

I make up stories too and I'm also deluded but the difference is, I won't go around disputing that and asking people why they're not in a blissful state or whose talking to whom or what's this forum. I used to, but not anymore. 

I'm not starting from the top down because there is no top down, only what is. Even if you think I'm playing mind games, doesn't matter because that's also what is. You cannot escape what is. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

17 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

All that is irrelevant to what I'm pointing to because there's nothing that's happening that shouldn't happen. You're still thinking there's a person inside this body that can feel bliss if they do so and so - no such thing because that will just be another passing phenomenon, of which we have no control over. 

My current life could be in a death trap right now and it wouldn't make a difference, to me it would, but that would be what is happening. Depression, anxiety, sadness, grief could also be there, but that still is what is happening. You're saying you cannot help making up stories but you're still rebutting my comment and bringing up more stories as to why I'm not in bliss and asking who am I talking to and blah blah. 

I make up stories too and I'm also deluded but the difference is, I won't go around disputing that and asking people why they're not in a blissful state or whose talking to whom or what's this forum. I used to, but not anymore. 

I'm not starting from the top down because there is no top down, only what is. Even if you think I'm playing mind games, doesn't matter because that's also what is. You cannot escape what is. 

this is Acceptance in its absolute form, but again we are communicating, talking, exchanging ideas and concepts, this is not spirituality or the "real deal" just conceptualizing it, too many ppl take it as the real thing, I think that is what Your doing, your here on the forum communicating, as soon as You do that, and me after reading what You say its all concept, so that is where I am coming from, from that we can differ on things, or label things and catagorize things, so imo Your Top Down method, no problem with it if that is possible for someone, others there are problems with it as they can't even get out of bed in the morning never mind accepting anything as it is..nothing is absolutely right or wrong, but being Blissful is the basics and helps on this journey!

17 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

this is Acceptance in its absolute form, but again we are communicating, talking, exchanging ideas and concepts, this is not spirituality or the "real deal" just conceptualizing it, too many ppl take it as the real thing, I think that is what Your doing, your here on the forum communicating, as soon as You do that, and me after reading what You say its all concept, so that is where I am coming from, from that we can differ on things, or label things and catagorize things, so imo Your Top Down method, no problem with it if that is possible for someone, others there are problems with it as they can't even get out of bed in the morning never mind accepting anything as it is..nothing is absolutely right or wrong, but being Blissful is the basics and helps on this journey!

ok