Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

@Davino

36 minutes ago, Davino said:

Those are manifestations, ramifications of his lack of self-love. Why did he behave the way he did it? Go to the source and see what it is for yourself

Don't go into philosophy domain here. You have a body, take care of it. That's all.

You know you are not your car, your self is not the car you drive, yet you feed it gas, clean it and bring it to the mechanic when it stops working properly. You don't keep pushing the gas pedal till it break downs and the mechanic has to repair it in the middle of the street. In the same way, your body is the vehicle of consciousness, the instrument of consciousness. Take care of it, stop making this more complicated than it actually is. Selflessness does not exclude loving your own body, nor it is selfish to take care of yourself and stablish healthy boundaries. This is how God would actually manage his own life, exquisite balance is the mark of the wise.

I'm not going into philosophical domains here. I'm just pointing out your logic here, that Sadhguru's lack of self love is a consequence of too much selflessness towards others, and him overworking and taking pills, according to your argument here. And you sometimes slippery slope and switcheroo between lack of self love to taking too much pills/overworking.

I understand you making a hypothetical that I'm not some car or body and I'm some souls here, but I won't engage with that. I'm more interested in your framing of Sadhguru and his situation, and how some users here extremify to either ends here. If it's true this is 'how god would actually manage his own life', albeit so many hidden assumptions in that statement alone, if that's true then why did you your earlier posts took a more aggressive stance against Sadhguru and his situation? Why did you allow yourself this sunk cost fallacy and over commit to it? A more stronger and careful take would've been to state your position, state Sadhuru's situation with more care and not take sides too strongly, that you should've stated how this is a spectrum of spirituality/health that must be actively balanced.

@Razard86

18 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

You are very attached to Sadhguru. You are very invested in defending him. He doesn't need you to defend him. Also a friend once told me a wise saying "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." You aren't going to be changing anyone's opinion of him. Also the moment you accuse another person of judging, you are guilty of the same thing. There is a difference between judgment and discernment.

Me telling someone it isn't advantageous to drink poison isn't a judgment. Me telling someone they are a fool for drinking poison isn't a judgment. Me telling a person they are evil is a judgment. The line between discernment and judgment is thin, but it exists for a reason. Sadhguru isn't perfect, like all humans he has flaws. Without flaws there would be nothing to do. Without flaws there wouldn't be Isha Foundation, Save Soil, Actualized.org, etc. Flaws are there so we have something to work on.

From sunk cost fallacy, to mind reading, to projecting, to ad hominem, and generalizing, and making false equivalences and false dilemmas, what point are you trying to make here? Is your main point that Sadhguru overworked and took too many pills and ignored his health issues, or that regardless of himself overworking that he's a guru and yogi, a spiritually gifted person so he'll heal far quicker?

Also why are you making a false conflation between judging and discernment? Those words are both different AND similar in meaning, so why are you cherry picking the words meanings here?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@BlueOak you have a point on that. 

The truth lies somewhere probably between sadhguru claims and Leo denial. We all kinda exploring the limits of infinity, I think Leo limits infinity when he takes that derrotist mentality. And sadhguru is try to see how unlimited it can be. 

I mean... isn´t mahasamadhi itself just the proof for oneself to verify Truth is real?

Everything is imagination...if we imagine limits they become reality.

Yesterday morning I entered 5-meo-dmt state doing shamavhi. In the same intensity. Absolute non-dual boundless clarity Reality is me. But Leo would say that is impossible .... well he´s obsessed with the limits of infinity. But infinity has no limits. We are creating them .

So light hits the prism of earth and we see a small band of what becomes visible. With meditation, substances, and certain practices like the third eye, or work on intuition you can see or interact with more. Certain technologies allow other things to be used or manifested on earth from further afield, infra red or ultra violet for example.

Mahasamadhi for me lets me leave the body and be my greater intelligence or 'capacity', which is available to be after this life if we want it, or we can go around again, by altering small details like we would tweak a melody in production.

We do create limits yes, but can you see this implies a level of detachment?

I would say you are the limit, or you are the object, obstacle, success, movement, answer etc. It doesn't look like it some days, especially at our lowest in a passive state, but then our state of mind/being would be the limit in that case.

Other people can often be the answer, because our bias is our past, and often to grow we need to look at their perspective of viewing this light hitting the earth and showing them infinity through another lens. Sometimes we don't need any other perspective at all, but often some skill is lacking, a mistake they made can be learned from, some knowledge, or an item we need produced etc.

Edited by BlueOak

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Razard86

From sunk cost fallacy, to mind reading, to projecting, to ad hominem, and generalizing, and making false equivalences and false dilemmas, what point are you trying to make here? Is your main point that Sadhguru overworked and took too many pills and ignored his health issues, or that regardless of himself overworking that he's a guru and yogi, a spiritually gifted person so he'll heal far quicker?

Also why are you making a false conflation between judging and discernment? Those words are both different AND similar in meaning, so why are you cherry picking the words meanings here?

Also he is bring up this fallacy about "Flaws" how we are all flawed and this and that, this comes from a higher up conceptualization or conclusion of Perfection, so there is a judgement going on here. One can say nature and creation and what was there before creation is Perfect, then we have us as human beings and what is going on around here on Earth, is this perfect? No it is not, ppl suffering is not perfect or is it? So again there is a paradox here, and basically if one goes down this rabbit hole of intellectualization they will get stuck in a loop for sure, you can't figure it out and why would You!

Just realize that there is a life beyond survival, eating, sleeping, reproducing, working then dying, and that potential is within Us, its a matter of Realization, it starts with establishing yourself in a stable emotional and energetic balance, then going on from there, but the choice is within Us, we can stay in survival mode or go beyond it, that is it...Sadhguru is here to help us with this Choice and Realization if we choose to go in that direction!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

And you sometimes slippery slope and switcheroo between lack of self love to taking too much pills/overworking.

That IS the lack of self love. Overworking is a symptom of lack of self love, taking drugs to numb yourself to keep working is a symptom of lack of self love. His behaviours are a prove of his lack of self love. I'm not contrasting his behaviours next to lack of self love, I'm saying that what sourced those behaviours is a lack of self love. That's how a lack of self love looks like

I understand you making a hypothetical that I'm not some car or body and I'm some souls here, but I won't engage with that.

That was not my point. I was addressing directly your question about how selflessness realates with your own body. You don't need to be your car to take care of it, that was the analogy.

I'm more interested in your framing of Sadhguru and his situation, and how some users here extremify to either ends here. If it's true this is 'how god would actually manage his own life', albeit so many hidden assumptions in that statement alone. why did you your earlier posts took a more aggressive stance against Sadhguru and his situation?

What I said is that God would manage it's life with exquisite balance. This is not an assumption, this is how actually God runs the whole of Reality, so it is your innate desire as a fragmented consciousness to participate in this cosmic balancing act, even your imbalances participate in the greater balance of the cosmos. As the imbalance of Sadhguru has grounded many people here, as they have seen the trap he fell into.

A more stronger and careful take would've been to state your position, state Sadhuru's situation with more care and not take sides too strongly, that you should've stated how this is a spectrum of spirituality/health that must be actively balanced.

I took a very careful approach from the beggining and took my time to arrive independentely to a deep understanding of the situation. Take the position you want, I'll also do the same.

This is a lack of Self Love and if you understand what Self Love is and what implies, the Sadhguru dilemma is easily solved. You will also see that many problems in your personal life are directly solved by Self-Love

Self-Love is very very deep. I think some readers might be misinterpreting my commentaries on the issue because they lack a direct mystical experience & understanding of: Self-Love

Edited by Davino

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

8 hours ago, Ishanga said:

They finally got him to shave.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Davino said:

That IS the lack of self love. Overworking is a symptom of lack of self love, taking drugs to numb yourself to keep working is a symptom of lack of self love. His behaviours are a prove of his lack of self love. I'm not contrasting his behaviours next to lack of self love, I'm saying that what sourced those behaviours is a lack of self love. That's how a lack of self love looks like

That was not my point. I was addressing directly your question about how selflessness realates with your own body. You don't need to be your car to take care of it, that was the analogy.

What I said is that God would manage it's life with exquisite balance. This is not an assumption, this is how actually God runs the whole of Reality, so it is your innate desire as a fragmented consciousness to participate in this cosmic balancing act, even your imbalances participate in the greater balance of the cosmos. As the imbalance of Sadhguru has grounded many people here, as they have seen the trap he fell into.

I took a very careful approach from the beggining and took my time to arrive independentely to a deep understanding of the situation. Take the position you want, I'll also do the same.

This is a lack of Self Love and if you understand what Self Love is and what implies, the Sadhguru dilemma is easily solved. You will also see that many problems in your personal life are directly solved by Self-Love

Self-Love is very very deep. I think some readers might be misinterpreting my commentaries on the issue because they lack a direct mystical experience & understanding of: Self-Love

Basically what Your trying to do is discredit him, for some reason you have something against him within, probably unconscious to You, it really doesn't matter, what I or You or anyone thinks, Self Love or whatever, he'll do what he wants, some will like it others not so much, then leave, in the end if he has left this place better than when he arrived then the job is done, I would say he has done that is spades! This Self Love talk and how it shows something about him, you really have to take a look at it, Self Love in my definition is Egoic, Love is about Two, are there two of you within? If there are then that is a problem...He's for sure very Loving, this is from his experience within and the Bliss he feels, its reflective in his actions... Yes yes I'm obsesssed with him and this or that in my mind, there is a reason for this, he makes tremendous sense and his methods work, that's it..,

@Davino

7 hours ago, Davino said:

But you're first paragraph is just an appeals to possibilities and averages. Just because Sadhguru has a lack of self love doesn't necessarily mean that his overworking, over dosing on pain killers/sedatives is a direct effect from Self Love. You can have some individuals who have self love, but are still addicted to pills, overworking, or eat too much. An increase in self love/=/change in behaviors, it's actually the intent and overtime habitual application of a change in behavior.

The problem with your second paragraph is on that analogy which doesn't make sense to me, that I have to be the car or me and my car is separate doesn't necessarily mean a change in behavior. Plus this is a sub argument involving philosophy and existence which I'm not engaging with.

Third paragraph is deeply problematic, from confirmation bias of Leo's spiritual work, to cherry picking the nature of god, to assuming so much about god's nature. Again I don't want to dive too deeply into this spiritual and philosophical jargon here, but you're also basically making an ad hominem fallacy, not guilty by association but treating Leo as some saint, and assuming that he is right in his talks about psychedelics and the nature of god. You're are basically in this argument point letting most of the heavy lifting be done by Leo and not by your own argumentation to justify your past assertion about Sadhguru and his health condition.

So to you this: 'I took a very careful approach from the beggining and took my time to arrive independentely to a deep understanding of the situation. Take the position you want, I'll also do the same.' justifies 70% of posts you did here demeaning Sadhguru and his health condition, and 30% is you appealing to centrism and both siding this issue? Is that a careful understanding of this situation?

Or most readers here are misinterpreting your self-love because of your failures to define those terms and your mistakes to connect them to a convincing assertion about Sadhguru and his health conditions? Maybe it's more to do with how you communicated so far in this thread and how you handled opposition to your views?

He's 66 years old, not in the greatest shape.  Probably doesn't do cardio, it should not be a surprise.  I hope he recovers well.  

21 hours ago, Ishanga said:

in the end if he has left this place better than when he arrived then the job is done

Agree, but at what price? Could he have done things in a better way? or is sadhguru always perfect? How can we learn from his behaviour? Why are you triggered when his corruptions are pointed out? You should be grateful for that but it's the other way arround you feel attacked and that I'm discrediting him. No. I'm just discerning what is good and learning from what is bad, instead of idolizing him for his good qualities and denying his childish behaviours. 

I just say that Sadghuru could have taken a rest 4 weeks ago when he started suffering severe headaches. He could have listened to his doctor and make the analysis they were asking him to do. He then wouldn't have needed to take drugs to keep working. Then performing surgery, if necessary, with good preparation instead of focefully entering an emergency surgery last minute. How can you be in denial of all this? He has done 99% of his life well, happy for him, but if that 1% has done shit I'm gonna say it to you, no matter how offended you get, because you are putting him in a pedestal and denying his shadow. The same way I hope that even if I have done 99% of my life well, if I do 1% of shit you come and tell me blatantly, because that's how you grow and mature and that's the Truth after all. That is why I keep answering in a last hope for you to see the light of Truth in this matter.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

17 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Just because Sadhguru has a lack of self love doesn't necessarily mean that his overworking, over dosing on pain killers/sedatives is a direct effect from Self Love.

It is. If he had more self love he wouldn't have arrived at those extrems.

You can have some individuals who have self love, but are still addicted to pills, overworking, or eat too much.

It is a matter of degree. I'm sure he has lots of self love but not in this particular set of decisions he took. It's okay we all make mistakes.

not guilty by association but treating Leo as some saint, and assuming that he is right in his talks about psychedelics and the nature of god.

Lol not at all ahahhaha. This is getting wild. I have always pointed out Leo's bullshit with the same compassion and ferocity as I have done with sadhguru and so has done he with me. That's how mature conversations go.

My takes on God and psychedelics come from direct experience. Surprisingly there is a lot of overlapping in our direct experience.

You're are basically in this argument point letting most of the heavy lifting be done by Leo and not by your own argumentation to justify your past assertion about Sadhguru and his health condition.

If you did not get what I'm talking about when I say Self-Love, as it keeps being clear by your first paragraph, then I have to point you towards some external souce so that you get what I'm saying. I'm not gonna make you a 2h video explaining what I mean when I say Self-Love. This is not a lack of argumentation but an unwillingness from your part to investigate and learn what I mean when I say that Sadghuru lacked self-love in his actions. It is not in my responsability to convince you or to win this argument, I have already arrived at a deep fulfilling understanding on the matter. If any it should be you that is interested in getting what I'm saying instead of trying to get me again and again into this useless debate and make me waste my time when I'm doing this for you.

justifies 70% of posts you did here demeaning Sadhguru and his health condition, and 30% is you appealing to centrism and both siding this issue? Is that a careful understanding of this situation?

This is my position:

15 minutes ago, Davino said:

I just say that Sadghuru could have taken a rest 4 weeks ago when he started suffering severe headaches. He could have listened to his doctor and make the analysis they were asking him to do. He then wouldn't have needed to take drugs to keep working. Then performing surgery, if necessary, with good preparation instead of focefully entering an emergency surgery last minute.

How could this have been solved? Self-Love

Why? Because loving your body and self would have meant him taking a rest. Loving himself would have meant listening to his doctors and doing the health analysis. Loving other people would have meant that he had to take a pause, to be able to work better in the future. He would have probably solved the problem earlier and better and would have already been helping people again, instead of spending more time in the hospital and working in severe pain. If you love yourself you are willing to listen to your body and not only hear it and shut it up with drugs. Self love in this way is both what caused the problem and what solved it. This is the reason why the high level understanding here is that Self-Love is what made Sadhguru commit this mistake and what will enable him to get out of it. Because if he doesn't love himself more and take care of his health and life, maybe next time there will be no more Sadhguru and he will die in the operating table. If he does love himself more and take care of his health and life, we'll keep having a great mystic which is comitted to make a positive impact in the world which we all are benefiting from.

Or most readers here are misinterpreting your self-love because of your failures to define those terms and your mistakes to connect them to a convincing assertion about Sadhguru and his health conditions? Maybe it's more to do with how you communicated so far in this thread and how you handled opposition to your views?

Hopefully I have been clear this time. Maybe all of this was obvious to me but not to you and it made me feel like you were nagging me. 

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Agree, but at what price? Could he have done things in a better way? or is sadhguru always perfect? How can we learn from his behaviour? Why are you triggered when his corruptions are pointed out? You should be grateful for that but it's the other way arround you feel attacked and that I'm discrediting him. No. I'm just discerning what is good and learning from what is bad, instead of idolizing him for his good qualities and denying his childish behaviours. 

I just say that Sadghuru could have taken a rest 4 weeks ago when he started suffering severe headaches. He could have listened to his doctor and make the analysis they were asking him to do. He then wouldn't have needed to take drugs to keep working. Then performing surgery, if necessary, with good preparation instead of focefully entering an emergency surgery last minute. How can you be in denial of all this? He has done 99% of his life well, happy for him, but if that 1% has done shit I'm gonna say it to you, no matter how offended you get, because you are putting him in a pedestal and denying his shadow. The same way I hope that even if I have done 99% of my life well, if I do 1% of shit you come and tell me blatantly, because that's how you grow and mature and that's the Truth after all. That is why I keep answering in a last hope for you to see the light of Truth in this matter.

First everybody using this sort of language, 'Triggered" Lol, I'm just responding to your post about how you have something against him, I don't care one way or the other. I just think Your being way to critical, I personally have never looked at him as being perfect, and many times I have thought why doesn't he take a break, it even may be a bit too much exposure but its not in my hands, he can do what he wants how he wants, he has free will to do that. I agree that some are into the personality of "Sadhguru", I don't think he wants this to happen but it does, so what to do about it, maybe that is why at times he talks harshly to ppl, calling them stupid or that they do stupid things, its a way to bring them down in how they view him in a way, but the methods work and work has to be done by someone. Personally I think he should go back to the ashram and take a month or two off, let things cool down...

He has risen!!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, Yimpa said:

He has risen!!

OMG he's using a Cane, do Enlightened Ppl use Cane's??? Sadhguru should have thought this threw, now look at him, he has to use a cane, how can a perfect person be using a cane, what is this all about! Now my whole outlook on him has changed.... Lol:)

He's using sunglasses! Why do enlightened gurus need sunglasses?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Exactly, what's up with That!

Posted (edited)

@Yimpa So happy to see him walking again in nature

Edited by Davino

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it makes you look Badass:P

ma reposing.jpg032ef068974fb36be75ea039a0b1748d.jpg

Edited by Davino

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

136fde9d083701b2062f746beb88b776.jpeg

1631017149-mansnakes20130904chi0089-e-snakessel.jpg

Why not? 😎

Sadhguru looks even more badass than Neo with that snake crawling his arm!

Edited by TheSelf