Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

"About volunteers not being payed"

The thing is. Sadhguru himself is not being payed. All the resources are being invested in to fulfill the Vision that includes a better life for All on the planet. The ones that are being payed and benefited by their work are us actually. The lazy grumpy people complaining on the internet. 

It seems that sadhguru has noble and authentic intentions, but that does not mean that he is not deluded. I would say that he has become deified. He has become a world celebrity, and he is still human. Lately he was saying strange things and with a false touch. Any human is susceptible to corruption, even without realizing it. People thought sadhguru is a demigod on earth, and I see a smart and ambitious guy with a normal level of awakening 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

People thought sadhguru is a demigod on earth, and I see a smart and ambitious guy with a normal level of awakening 

It is good that you have your own perception. Everyone is free to have their own opinion of a person based on their level of understanding and perception. This is good. And I'm not interested in interfering with that.

However there some topics that I find interesting that have potential for exploration and new insight. Like: the differences between slavary and volunteering, or the beauty of a devotee and surrender, the role of a shepherd on one's path and its depth and possiblities etc. This is where the gold of discussion is to me. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

However there some topics that I find interesting that have potential for exploration and new insight. Like: the differences between slavary and volunteering, or the beauty of a devotee and surrender, the role of a shepherd on one's path and its depth and possiblities etc. This is where the gold of discussion is to me. 

The question is where the true will to serve ends and where the ego begins. It is very difficult to say, sadhguru seems authentic on the one hand, but on the other hand he treats people like children, he automatically places himself in a position of superiority, which many see justified, since he is an enlightened being, etc., but perhaps it is not so enlightened and has a big ego that is fueled by gratitude and admiration. is this impossible? For believers it is sacrilegious, but seeing how human nature is, it is quite likely. What I know is that he says a lot of strange statements, and seems that he tries to do paliative care for people, not real awakening, because they are kids not capable to reach so high lever, reserved for him

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 22/3/2024 at 0:40 AM, Ishanga said:

Can they have things happen to them like in Sadhguru's case? Yes. Maybe he knew this was happening and let it happen anyways to keep his commitments?

The deal is he abused himself to the point of an emergency brain surgery. He lacked the self-love to take care of his own body when it was asking for help and decided to numb it with drugs to keep going on till it got unsustainable.

On 22/3/2024 at 0:40 AM, Ishanga said:

When he was building and consecrating the Dylanalinga, his Wife was involved with the process, she took Mahasamahdi just before they were completed with it, they had a 6/7yr old daughter at the time, he went on and finished it (there were 3 ppl involved, him, his wife and another person), so that is his level of commitment

Yes, surely nobody is questioning his level of commitment. Just some blindspots and improvements in his way of commiting to some vision. A more healthy commitment. Although Sadghuru's personality has always been like this.

With the Dylanalinga project the situation was much worse. The closest attempt to consecrate a Dylanalinga took place almost one thousand years ago in Bhopal. The process, though grand, failed in the final stages. Sadghuru really wanted to make such a rare linga with all the yogic energies encapsulated in it and didn't care dying for it.

Look the before and after in just 8 months. Her wife decided to leave the body after finishing the Dylanalinga. Most people were certain Sadghuru would do the same a few after.

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-23 185143.pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-03-23 185227.png

So there is no surprise really. Sadghuru has always immolated himself for the projects he believed in. Although, I do not share such approach and in a way lacks self love, but he seems to be like this.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

The question is where the true will to serve ends and where the ego begins

Everyone should judge for themselves. Everyone will have their own perception and it's okay. 100 people will have 100 different perceptions of the same person based on their own level of insight and wisdom.

I'm not interested in debating who has the most accurate perception of the situation. I'm rather interested discussing and exploring topics that foster self-reflection, contemplation, intellect, challenge our ego etc. That way it's much more fruitful. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Davino

54 minutes ago, Davino said:

The deal is he abused himself to the point of an emergency brain surgery. He lacked the self-love to take care of his own body when it was asking for help and decided to numb it with drugs to keep going on till it got unsustainable.

Yes, surely nobody is questioning his level of commitment. Just some blindspots and improvements in his way of commiting to some vision. A more healthy commitment. Although Sadghuru's personality has always been like this.

With the Dylanalinga project the situation was much worse. The closest attempt to consecrate a Dylanalinga took place almost one thousand years ago in Bhopal. The process, though grand, failed in the final stages. Sadghuru really wanted to make such a rare linga with all the yogic energies encapsulated in it and didn't care dying for it.

Look the before and after in just 8 months. Her wife decided to leave the body after finishing the Dylanalinga. Most people were certain Sadghuru would do the same a few after.

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-23 185143.pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-03-23 185227.png

So there is no surprise really. Sadghuru has always immolated himself for the projects he believed in. Although, I do not share such approach and in a way lacks self love, but he seems to be like this.

So now you're expanding your argument towards Sadhuru's health condition to include one of the causes as lack of self love, other than over working, taking too many pain killers, among other points?

@Salvijus

53 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Everyone should judge for themselves. Everyone will have their own perception and it's okay. 100 people will have 100 different perceptions of the same person based on their own level of insight and wisdom.

I'm not interested in debating who has the most accurate perception of the situation. I'm rather interested discussing and exploring topics that foster self-reflection, contemplation, intellect, challenge our ego etc. That way it's much more fruitful. 

From the band wagon fallacy, to appeals to popularity and generalization, to even the false dichotomy, 'Everyone should judge for themselves. Everyone will have their own perception and it's okay.', how is it okay that '100 people will have 100 different perceptions of the same person based on their own level of insight and wisdom.'?

Why are you not interested in debating who has the most accurate perception of this situation? Especially when we have some users who make crazy claims about Sadhguru's spirituality and health situation, some users accusing Sadhguru is over working and ignored his health therefore unfit to be some enlightenment Yogi, some claiming this severe health crisis is nothing and that he can heal it via mind eye powers, some psychedelics users even demeaning him here and causing these 2 spiritualist groups to moral and spirit grandstand each other... 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Why are you not interested in debating who has the most accurate perception of this situation?

I meant to say fighting and defending your perception over others is futile because everyone sees according to their own level of development, self-awareness and purity of mind. And it's bad taste to impose your view on others anyway. 

I believe encouraging/fostering/promoting deeper self-reflection, deeper contemplation, deeper awareness, deeper honesty is the only worthwhile thing to do. And this will naturally lead in better judgement and perception of the situation. Plus it's not confrontational. We all get to be friends that way, yey!

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Her wife decided to leave the body

I'm sorry to be skeptical but I read that and alarm bells go off everywhere. mashamadi? First, is that real? Second, was the wife a mystic on the level of Ramakrishna and people like that? who says it? It sounds like marketing, superstition and lies 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Davino said:

Yes he abused himself for others, that's a problem now? Don't we have free will to do what we want with our lives? You seem to think otherwise, or are judging... He's always said "Don't Look Up to anyone, Don't Look down on anyone, Just see them the way they are!", now its not his fault that the ppl that follow him see him as this or that, he's said many time he doesn't care about the stuff he is doing, its just fulfilling a need that's all, he could go and do nothing and still die in Bliss, he's also detailed the fallacy's of what most ppl think a Devotee is, its not the ones kissing his feet or bowing and talking in a certain way when in his presence, then doing something otherwise when not in his presence, being a devotee is being Devoid of Self, I think he demonstrates that quite well..

His Wife Mahasamadhi happened just BEFORE the consecreation of the Dylanalinga was completed, not after, it almost killed him then, and yes he was supposed to not live beyond 42 but here we are:)

oh Sadhguru is anti Self Love, for him that makes the ego stronger, he advocates creating a state of Bliss as Your baseline state, and to be Loving!!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

It seems that sadhguru has noble and authentic intentions, but that does not mean that he is not deluded. I would say that he has become deified. He has become a world celebrity, and he is still human. Lately he was saying strange things and with a false touch. Any human is susceptible to corruption, even without realizing it. People thought sadhguru is a demigod on earth, and I see a smart and ambitious guy with a normal level of awakening 

What Strange things? He comments on many things, it amazes me that he still does this sort of thing, he's been going at it, and answering the same dam questions over and over for over 30yrs, of course some will find something that may sound strange or contradictory, which is good in some ways, but that stuff is a very very small part of his actions and intentions, its just public relations, to keep the general public at the least interested in him, in his last life the public was super scared of him, he was too intense!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

21 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

What Strange things?

It depends on what you consider strange. He said that he has contacts with aliens, that he knows their past lives, that people who die in accidents enter a hellish realm of existence, that Indian rituals after death can send the soul of a dead person to one place or another depending on the degree of kinship of whoever makes them, that there are temples in India where entering is dangerous for women because of the energies that exist in them, and many other things that deserve doubts for me

16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It depends on what you consider strange. He said that he has contacts with aliens, that he knows their past lives, that people who die in accidents enter a hellish realm of existence, that Indian rituals after death can send the soul of a dead person to one place or another depending on the degree of kinship of whoever makes them, that there are temples in India where entering is dangerous for women because of the energies that exist in them, and many other things that deserve doubts for me

Maybe there is a mis understanding... The event at Kalash, there was something there that even surprised him, he doesn't quite say what they are, but they are not Human sort of existence or life essence, and tried a method to find out more but it had to be stopped...When ppl die he says that the state You are in at the moment of death affects your afterlife (bodily death that is), and that with higher states of consciousness in living state, you can choose your next body in the next bodily life cycle..not sure about the hindu ritual stuffs,,,,and the temples not meant for women, he says that some temples are made in ways where its more beneficial for men, and visa versa too, temples are like energy recharging stations, they can be calibrated in way I guess, he's a master at that stuff for sure...

5 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Maybe there is a mis understanding... The event at Kalash, there was something there that even surprised him, he doesn't quite say what they are, but they are not Human sort of existence or life essence, and tried a method to find out more but it had to be stopped...When ppl die he says that the state You are in at the moment of death affects your afterlife (bodily death that is), and that with higher states of consciousness in living state, you can choose your next body in the next bodily life cycle..not sure about the hindu ritual stuffs,,,,and the temples not meant for women, he says that some temples are made in ways where its more beneficial for men, and visa versa too, temples are like energy recharging stations, they can be calibrated in way I guess, he's a master at that stuff for sure...

I don't say absolutely no about what he says, but I have very serious doubts about whether everything is being invented to get people's attention. If so, for me he is a liar, there is no middle ground, or total truth, clean and untainted, or liar without any real value

@Ishanga but maybe I'm wrong and some lies are needed if the results are real and good for the humans. 

The point is not to judge Sadhguru, the point is simply to take care of your health, not be a workaholic, and not think of yourself as magically invicible.

Why you guys gotta make this so complicated?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why you guys gotta make this so complicated?

Because a lot of them are stuck in the Spiritual Matrix. I am actually thinking about writing a book about this very topic. Jed McKenna has been the only one I have heard articulate that concept well in writing.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I remember Sadhguru saying to his audience: reduce sleep, I sleep around 2 hours a night. That one turned me off and never watched him again, that kind of advice is even worse than the mainstream gymbuddy advice. He is conscious but he seems disconnected from reality. 

@Alexop The meta lesson is to not sacrifice your own authority or autonomy onto any guru or teacher figure. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

14 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

So now you're expanding your argument towards Sadhuru's health condition to include one of the causes as lack of self love, other than over working, taking too many pain killers, among other points?

I've been reflecting these days about it. I wanted to give him some space out of respect and also get some clarity on the topic before talking.

I think it all boils down to self-love. Sadhguru when has a vision is willing to involve himself to death. Which you may think as something honorable, but it is not. It is in fact counter productive. It is by self-love and caring for your well being that the vision you have in mind becomes reality in the best way possible.

Beyond this, I disliked very much that he took painkillers and sedatives to just numb the feelings and keep his schedule for a few days more. He did it out of integrity for others but lacked the integrity towards oneself and his own health. I wasn't expecting this behaviour from Sadhguru.