mmKay

Mewing. Natural DIY free plastic surgery

12 posts in this topic

Thoughts? Who wouldn't want sharper face? Sounds very convincing. I love aesthetics so I'll report back in one year boys 

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

This what this guy looks like from mewing for three years:

maxresdefault (1) (19).jpg

Bro's motorcycle helmets don't fit him. Bros going for the Hidamari Sketch aesthetic

vlcsnap-00562.png

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

On 3/18/2024 at 6:15 AM, mmKay said:

Thoughts? Who wouldn't want sharper face? Sounds very convincing. I love aesthetics so I'll report back in one year boys 

It's great man, and I love aesthetics too. I don't want to burst your bubble, but mewing honestly won't improve your jawline if you are beyond adolescence. That said, hopefully I can still convince you to do it nevertheless.

Here's my take on it: mewing is nothing more than the correct tongue posture, and if you're not already doing it, then absolutely learn/practice until you become unconsciously competent.

The #1 benefit to mewing is actually that it will prevent your tongue from collapsing your airway while you sleep, preventing sleep apnea which is arguably the most insidious health condition humans are currently contending with. It also greatly promotes nasal breathing.

Posted (edited)

@Jason Actualization maybe, but no one knows what's really possible, and believing it's not possible is what actually kills the entire experiment in the first place

It's not like it's a waste of time, it can be done anywhere, any time with minimal effort, and the posture benefits are clear. Once it becomes second nature, time will tell the results.

Besides the "science" they laid out, I do understand that bones absolutely recycle themselves, through numerous cycles,  in a span of 8 years, and also bone remodeling is a well researched natural biological phenomenon of bone breakdown and regeneration. Bones also can become denser with weightlifting.

The conclusion is that bones are clearly not static. The question is how much will the vacuum pressure inside the mouth affect the aesthetics of the facial structure, but who cares anyways, I do it be because it's a nice habit stacker and posture reminder , that makes you feel you're working on yourself second by second, and it creates a positive upwards spiral of adding more positive habits

Check out Wolff's law. It states that bone adapts its structure to the mechanical loads placed upon it.

Pd: also creating a vacuum by sucking the air out of your mouth and " sucking  the tongue to the roof of your mouth " is the proper posture for meditation as well. I always wondered what do I do with the jaw for minimal effort 

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

31 minutes ago, mmKay said:

@Jason Actualization maybe, but no one knows what's really possible, and believing it's not possible is what actually kills the entire experiment in the first place

The belief itself has absolutely zero bearing unless it actually deters one from doing it in the first place. Unless I'm speaking or chewing, I'm mewing, but my initial motivation was purely to improve my breathing, and fortunately now it's something I just do unconsciously competently.

33 minutes ago, mmKay said:

It's not like it's a waste of time, it can be done anywhere, any time with minimal effort, and the posture benefits are clear. Once it becomes second nature, time will tell the results.

100%, this is the take home message that I believe everyone should leave with.

Posted (edited)

Dont forget the combine mewing with regular jaw-muscle exercises to achieve max bicycle seat aesthetics.

bikeseat.JPG

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, undeather said:

Dont forget the combine mewing with regular jaw-muscle exercises to achieve max bicycle seat aesthetics.

bikeseat.JPG

neca-87527-saw-puppet-riding-tricycle-sound-12-af.jpg

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Your tongue should rest on your roof in the mouth naturally already so if that’s the case then no need to force it unless idk maybe it’s possible to make a change if you press it even harder and hold it for years but why would u

19 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Your tongue should rest on your roof in the mouth naturally already so if that’s the case then no need to force it unless idk maybe it’s possible to make a change if you press it even harder and hold it for years but why would u

Dysmorphobia.

This better make me as cute as the Pokémon Mew 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Let's talk about the elephant in the room, Dr. Mew is still not very attractive.
Not only does he have a fairly poorly developed glabella and eyebrow arches, but above all a maxilla that is still poorly developed even though this is what his mewing story is supposed to do, it seems.

I dunno, to me, mewing just seems like such a distraction from the type of work people need to do on themselves.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback