Oppositionless

Is consciousness just awareness?

93 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It just requres an open mind - and awkakening.  Not isnane levels of awakening.  When you are going to learn that there is only one dream that you can awaken from.    After you awaken, there is still much to learn.  But awakening itself, that is just one thing.  There isn't levels of it.

The Absolute is one awakening

The relative is infinitely deep and changing 

Consciousness means nothing, it is a misleading term. It implies being aware of something, that is to say that there are 3 things, me, the fact of being aware, and something that I am aware of. reality is not like that, there is no reality without consciousness nor consciousness without reality, which means that there is only reality, the word consciousness, to the garbage. 

And yes, the reality is extremely complex, infinitely complex

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is no levels to it precisely because its just you

Exactly.

And the other game in town besides realizing what one truly is: Going exploring & understanding the myriad manifestations and appearances of Infinite Consciousness/Being/Oneself, happening in Oneself, by Oneself, as Oneself, for Oneself, and so on..., from ant to ET to ET(n+1). That, and any other activity that humans engage in... : The clip below...

Does God/The hand at the end of the clip like it? Want it? Apparently yes. Of course! (the hand at 55 seconds) Else it wouldn't happen... The rolling-the-rock-up-the-mountain-nearly-infinite-times-show continues until "it" gets tired of it...

Selling Water by the River

And a little Koan: Who is the ET at the end of the movie? Like, really?

4 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Exactly.

And the other game in town besides realizing what one truly is: Going exploring & understanding the myriad manifestations and appearances of Infinite Consciousness/Being/Oneself, happening in Oneself, by Oneself, as Oneself, for Oneself, and so on..., from ant to ET to ET(n+1). That, and any other activity that humans engage in... : The clip below...

Does God/The hand at the end of the clip like it? Want it?

4 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Exactly? Well....so at the end you are alone, creating a dream, as god? Maybe bored playing cute games of hide seek?You too? Let's see, maybe Leo has skated a little too much,  but the reality is that the thing is deeper than it seems. there is no "you" "dreaming", no cause and effect ,not a God who is bored then dream cute games to say: hello! Im here! and i am....LOVE! fuck, im crying in the middle of the street, out loud 😭😭😅. you know that there is no you and no ONE right? there is unlimited, there is no creator and creation, there is infinite intelligence flowing and creating forms, synchronized itself in the eternal and cyclical dance of the cosmos, the infinite that inevitably is given the absence of limits. It is always you, but a centerless you that is not a you, is existence, and as I see it, it has no choice, it exists infinitely in its infinite perfection for the fact of being unlimited and in eternal movement for the same reason , like an infinite kaleidoscope of infinite intelligence. You can go much deeper into what we are, it is not just realizing your essential nature as conciousness, remember what the guy in the video said, Roger etc., this is an open path, thinking that you have arrived is a mistake, it is limited. But maybe I'm wrong in some points or I didn't understand well what you meant 

Edited by Breakingthewall

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

because thats a big deal. Levels of awakining vs Enlightenmnet.  There is only Enlightennment.  Thats just a fact.  i mean, if there are facts.  But there aren't.  But it is Absolute.

Why? Is different to realize true nature VS realizing other things of the relative dream.

You can realize your true nature, but that doesn't necesarily mean you know what are others, reality, etc. 

Not to say that you do not know it. But one thing does not imply the other.

A 6 year old kid is in true nature, but does that mean that that IS the máximum level of perception and understanding? 

22 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Why? Is different to realize true nature VS realizing other things of the relative dream.

You can realize your true nature, but that doesn't necesarily mean you know what are others, reality, etc. 

Not to say that you do not know it. But one thing does not imply the other.

A 6 year old kid is in true nature, but does that mean that that IS the máximum level of perception and understanding? 

Well, i said there weren't levels, i didn't say there was not more than one realization.  But all of the realizations ultimately come together as one.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Exactly.

Does God/The hand at the end of the clip like it? Want it? Apparently yes. Of course! (the hand at 55 seconds) Else it wouldn't happen... The rolling-the-rock-up-the-mountain-nearly-infinite-times-show continues until "it" gets tired of it...

And a little Koan: Who is the ET at the end of the movie? Like, really?

I'll take some water :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well, i said there weren't levels, i didn't say there was not more than one realization.  But all of the realizations ultimately come together as one.

Right.

Levels of consciousness is Still mind/psychological stuff. Is not pure consciousness 🩵

9 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

There isn't levels of it.

Yes there are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Buddha had several enlightenments before his awakening under the Bodhi tree. This suggests that paradoxically, one can become more deeply conscious of the absolute, and also that transcending life and death requires more than a few enlightenment experiences.

Maybe.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is always you, but a centerless you that is not a you, is existence, and as I see it, it has no choice, it exists infinitely in its infinite perfection for the fact of being unlimited and in eternal movement for the same reason , like an infinite kaleidoscope of infinite intelligence.

From my current understanding this is exactly what Leo is saying.

When Leo speaks about being God there is no center, no direction of attention, God is distributed imagination-stuff. Soup of blended existence. And Leo also points to "no choice" - he said that when you merge with this Infinity it's almost like you have no choice because you will be bound to do the most perfectly inteligent thing to imagine. He pointed to the same thing in Free will vs No free will video.

The most important thing is that the sense of localized self must be gone. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

10 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

And Leo also points to "no choice" - he said that when you merge with this Infinity it's almost like you have no choice because you will be bound to do the most perfectly inteligent thing t

Then why to call it God if it's slave of it's nature? It's just the reality 

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Then why to call it God if it's slave of it's nature? It's just the reality 

Each name brings with it some insights, archetypes.

I could say why call it reality if it's empty/imagined/holographic and infinitely inteligent (therefore good).

"God" brings something profound to the party.

"Dream" brings something cool too.

Ultimately it's of course neither and all at the same time.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes there are.

That's only because you had to take psychedelics .

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

45 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

The Buddha had several enlightenments before his awakening under the Bodhi tree. This suggests that paradoxically, one can become more deeply conscious of the absolute, and also that transcending life and death requires more than a few enlightenment experiences.

Maybe.

Listen to Leo's facets of awakening video - these are the facets.  However, there are not levels to these facets, there are only the direct realizations.  These realizations won't happen in one sitting.  But it will happen in a string once you start waking up.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You can go much deeper into what we are, it is not just realizing your essential nature as conciousness, remember what the guy in the video said, Roger etc., this is an open path, thinking that you have arrived is a mistake, it is limited. But maybe I'm wrong in some points or I didn't understand well what you meant 

You can be an enlightened ET and know what its True Being is. Or a an enlighened human. It is the same True Infinite Being, and realizing that (and the True Nature of any possible being) is Enlightenment.

Maybe the ET and its buddies in the link below know a little bit more about (imagined) illusion-appearances arising in True Being than the enlightened human and its manifestation mechanisms.

That is what Roger Thisdell means: The enlightened ET sees more waves on the ocean than the enlightened human. But both enlightened ET and enlightened Human have the same True Infinite Being, both can realize they are the Infinite Ocean. That is what Enlightenment makes clear beyond the shadow of a doubt. It is YOU. True You.

All of that would become totally clear if one can answer this little Koan: Who is the ET at the end of the movie? Like, really?

But for that, ones separate-self-illusions have to die/be transcended completely. One will no longer be human after that, but an Infinite Being containing a human-show. Or an ET-show. Or a whatever n+1 show.

The unenlightened ET and psychedelic-state-induced short-term feeling & sensing &understanding like ET seems for sure very impressive from the unenlightened perspective, higher and what not. The ET-experience brings temporary easing from the ever-returning suffering of the remaining unenlightened separate-self remnants.

From the enlightened perspective, unenlightened ET is just more form and understanding of manifestation & its mechanisms, and more grasping/suffering/restisting in cycles. A less than smart idea trying to become & understand the n+1 ETs in Infinity and marveling at their wonderful perspectives&understandings of the waves of the Infinite Ocean.

That should even be logical from the unenlightened perspective, but will become totally clear with the Clap of the one Hand/Enlightenment beyond the shadow of a doubt. But even before that with some common sense one should be able to intuit that. At least if Maya smiles not too charming. The other perspective (ET & company) ist not coherent nor logical, even from an unenlightened level.

But hey, yours truly honestly admits selling the same old water by the same old river sold since millenia is soooo unsexy compared to becoming&rejoicing in (temporary) being & selling ET, I get it. And I do admit its quite a show, so all is good.

And maybe the career-move for the next incarnation is actually becoming  ET full-time collecting the marbles at the end of the clip? But preferably please only if the chap realizes its own Infinite Being early on, and doesn't grasp/suffer wanting to play marbles... 

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's only because you had to take psychedelics .

That doesn't help your case.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That doesn't help your case.

Update your photo.  We are going on 6 years now.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Water by the River said:

The enlightened ET sees more waves on the ocean than the enlightened human. But both enlightened ET and enlightened Human have the same True Infinite Being, both can realize they are the Infinite Ocean.

let's nuance. For example, recently I can open my mind at will, that is, break the limits and the appearance of the center disappears, reality is perceived as an unlimited well from which colors and shapes flow, if nothing arises, eyes closed, it is unlimited alive, without a center of perception. Regarding suffering, my emotional stability is high without any ups and downs, I can say that there is no suffering or compression in 85% of time. I can say that a year ago I had a good dose of rumination and hatred, even two months ago there was still there. Well, is this being enlightened? I don't think so.

There is much more and it is not just seeing aliens. Let's see, at night I often go to the park, any other plan seems infinitely worse to me, so I smoke some weed and meditate among the trees. then something else happens, I look at a tree and see what it really is, it is not realizing that you are infinite, etc , it is seeing power emerge, you see what the tree is and it is monstrous, it is something immeasurable, brutal. Then, at a given moment, you see your body flow, you see how reality is creating itself, its power and its intelligence beyond any possible idea. The mind is absolutely humiliated and withers, volatilizes and is no longer there. Life is flowing, it looks at your face and you look at it and you are it, absolute power passes through you and you realize that you are the cosmos. This is awakening to what reality is, not only realizing that you are infinite, but also realizing its substance, its quality, its power. And it's just the beginning.

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

This is awakening to what reality is, not only realizing that you are infinite, but also realizing its substance, its quality, its power. And it's just the beginning.

Yes. And if you let that ripen long enough, this here can happen:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/search/?q="Basis Enlightenment"&author=Water by the River&sortby=relevancy

For example:

On 14.4.2023 at 5:49 PM, Water by the River said:

To fully get it, you need

• many small awakenings/Kenshos/Enligthenments (becoming gradually the empty infinite mere imagined appearances/nondual field),
  • and a big awakening (Great Enlightenment, Basis Enlightenment, Great Satori) after you have become the whole infinite empty field, when you wonder who/what PERCEIVES that field. The One Hand clapping.
  • That is when the last subtle layers of the separate self are suddenly seen through. Sudden Awakening. Its gradual until then, and sudden and unmistakenly with the last shift. Up to that shift, there are stages and higher awakenings. But the bug stops here. That is also why you never know with the smaller Awakenings (1) what the end of the ladder is.... and (2) you still suffer. And of course you can go exploring afterwards, but you already understand what You are and what Reality is when doing that. And how you fooled yourself before, with many different layers (imagined separate self, imagined past, imagined future, imagined anything n+1). The Real You is quite smart to fool itself in such a way.... ( :

Tricky thing with the last shift is:

• This last shift needs a fully empty or transended separate self, including very subtle layers of feeling/thinking... And that needs.... a lot of time in these nondual and empty states to get rid of any untranscended separate self arising.
  • And these last separate self elements can be very tricky & subtle, needing familiarity with them to spot them, and a very fast speed of spotting and transcending/cutting them off in real time.
  • And: You can't force it here with the usual meditation techniques (that came before this stage) of directing attention. Because who/what is doing the meditation? The separate self.... It has to be automized, so that the meditation does itself. No artificial activity of a separate self. Non-Meditation Yoga in the Mahamudra-System. Or alternatively, but not so efficient: "Bang your head against the wall" for several years with a Koan. That also works, but more brute-force-style and doesn't feel so nice...

or

On 11.5.2023 at 11:45 AM, Water by the River said:

That (Basis Enlightenment/Great Enlightenment) can happen when

• all world-appearances is seen as mere imagined appearance happening/"floating" in the groundless Nothingness/True You/Reality,
  • and all "subjective" separate-self arisings are seen as mistaken identity arisings in oneself, getting replaced by the True Deep Identity of Infinite, Groundless, Totally Empty and mere appearance Absolute Reality itself). And then, welcome home to a home you never really left. Concluding the journey that never really happened. Only appeared to do so.
    • that includes at that stage ending trying to force it (because it has to be automized without a separate-self-I "doing" them, because who/what could try to force it? Well, the separate self. Which would re-enforce it again). Tricky until the end... with best regards from Maya :D
      • The paradoxes of that advanged stage are described by the way very nicely in Nonmeditation Yoga of the Mahamudra system, preferably descibed in "Pointing out the Great Way, Brown".