Butters

ASMR Videos

11 posts in this topic

Do you watch ASMR? If so, what benefits have you found? I tried some videos for sleep and it calms me down but doesn't make me fall asleep. 

I’m a fan of ASMR. I watch or listen them on Twitch.. (Not all of them are sexual, so feel free to ignore those if you’re not into that aspect of ASMR) 

As to why I enjoy ASMR, it’s because I find that the sounds relax me. There’s a reason why music is therapeutical and why they use it during healing ceremonies.

I find that Bob Ross helps me fall asleep as well. He is a true ASMR-artist.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

This is by far the best one I've come across:

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

I usually watch these types of ASMR and pretend im super famous and have achieved all my life goals. Sort of as a law of attraction/visualization thing but also can be seen as a cope or escapism lol. They do work for me going to sleep tho

Edited by Phil King

@Bazooka Jesus it’s crazy how something seemingly uncomfortable (e.g. hell or demons) can be recontextualized to be calming and full of playful feelings!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

I would not want to rob anyone of this new wizard I have discovered. These healings are absolutely fantastic for me and I never thought Reiki healing could be done on Youtube but I feel it so strongly, it's amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0OSTHs9pg

Channel @healingandbeyond on YouTube

Edited by Butters

Posted (edited)

On 2/27/2024 at 0:30 PM, Butters said:

Do you watch ASMR? If so, what benefits have you found? I tried some videos for sleep and it calms me down but doesn't make me fall asleep. 

I watch ASMR shaving vids and manicure vids from Nigeria where they do it street style, not western style.. My work mentally exhausts me, lots on the go, deadlines and traffic to be concerned with and such city life stuff, so when I come home my brain is sort of fried, so I watch these sorts of vids because they are basically meaningless, they aren't about anything, its non intellectual, no thinking or analysing going on, just watching and listening and observing, like watching wind blow the tree branches and leaves around, its natural and soothing! They sort of bring me to a natural state of Meditativeness... 

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

I like Lizi's stuff. Zeitgeist. A few standalone videos as well... also diddly.  ASMR must be done with headphones, if you are not familiar with it... the higher quality the better, such as a pair of Sennheiser open back or equivalent.

Here is one of the older ASMR videos that really started it all...

Edited by sholomar

I do love ASMR but I gotta admit that I only watch asmr from women and I'm not attracted by male doing it.
Now, this could be a purely esthetical choice in termes of sound, like, I also prefer female singers just because it's, if you consider the voice as a musical instrument, and if you average things, kind of liking the "female  voice instrument" more than the male one, which is not worse than prefering a saxophone to a tuba.

But I also suspect that there is some form of lust and horniness in me liking female voices better. Or typical sounds produced usually more by female than males (long nails tapping, female shoes asmr...but I'm kind of a feet/shoe fetish so...I mean it doesn't give me an erection to listen to this kind of asmr. Uuuh sorry, thinking out loud and trying to understand if there's more to it than just being horny and feeling intimate with a women in some way haha)

On 21/04/2024 at 4:22 AM, BojackHorseman said:

I do love ASMR but I gotta admit that I only watch asmr from women and I'm not attracted by male doing it.
Now, this could be a purely esthetical choice in termes of sound, like, I also prefer female singers just because it's, if you consider the voice as a musical instrument, and if you average things, kind of liking the "female  voice instrument" more than the male one, which is not worse than prefering a saxophone to a tuba.

But I also suspect that there is some form of lust and horniness in me liking female voices better. Or typical sounds produced usually more by female than males (long nails tapping, female shoes asmr...but I'm kind of a feet/shoe fetish so...I mean it doesn't give me an erection to listen to this kind of asmr. Uuuh sorry, thinking out loud and trying to understand if there's more to it than just being horny and feeling intimate with a women in some way haha)

When I was trying to avoid fapping, I sometimes had to stop watching ASMR videos by girls because it would make me want to  jerk off.