StarStruck

Ukraine war is about to escalate

9 posts in this topic

We will see widespread advance of Russia in Ukraine this spring. 

Here in Europe leadership is constantly pulling war propaganda and that we should be prepared, buy supplies and stuff. 

Nobody here in Europe is willing to fight though:

https://brilliantmaps.com/europe-fight-war/

Personally I think this is an American-Russian war and our stupid leaders got involved in it. Ukraine should be left alone but instead NATO tried to incorporate it and that triggered Russia rightfully. 

I think we will see huge protest soon. European leadership made big mistakes. Although most people care about Ukraine they also care about themselves and they can't bare the costs anymore. 

This is basically a repeat of Afghanistan. The US purposefully triggered Russia to invade as a way to start a proxy war to kill Russians. But in the end it just sacrificed the population of Afghanistan for nothing and created huge violence and chaos down the line for the USA. 

At this point if they are still not going to sue for peace I hope Russia wins quickly and successfully occupies, at least then they may reintegrate and won’t have a fatherless generation turn to extremism like in Afghanistan. The Ukraine flag people are delusional if they think NATO has been helping Ukraine by trying to get them in and continuing the war. 

Now Russia has been driven closer to Iran and China out of desperation. This gives them both much more confidence and ability to be aggressive as the US would have a greater threat to deal with if they intervened.

Edited by Raze

@StarStruck

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

We will see widespread advance of Russia in Ukraine this spring. 

Here in Europe leadership is constantly pulling war propaganda and that we should be prepared, buy supplies and stuff. 

Nobody here in Europe is willing to fight though:

https://brilliantmaps.com/europe-fight-war/

Personally I think this is an American-Russian war and our stupid leaders got involved in it. Ukraine should be left alone but instead NATO tried to incorporate it and that triggered Russia rightfully. 

I think we will see huge protest soon. European leadership made big mistakes. Although most people care about Ukraine they also care about themselves and they can't bare the costs anymore. 

I think it'll be a slow escalation unless Russia or Ukraine stupid soldier does something crazy.

Also I can't believe the Ukrainian detectives say there were British drones provided to Russia that's crazy.

Sirius report: ''Another moment of clarity as Russia once again makes the point very clear that NATO forces present in Ukraine would cross a major red line. Do not confuse the token elements from NATO countries present in Ukraine as constituting NATO forces already being present: Scholz stated that NATO and European countries will not send ground forces to Ukraine.''

But you don't realize that you and me don't want to get involved to end the war, it's not some third person, politician or group of politicians or whatever.

We don't want to end (majority of the people) wars, conflicts, tyrannies, shadow governments, marketing exploitation, human trafficking etc.

Even the idea of charity, tremendous action goes into the charity, it's a full time job into an invisible infrastructure which you won't see the result if you don’t do it for long enough not just to give money to somebody. The ideas people believe are based on self-preservation. My family, my friends, my hometown, my homecountry, my nation, but it's never bigger than that. Why? Well, if there is no enemy, nobody to blame but you have to change and act for reasons bigger than you, it is unfamiliar, hard and unsettling. There is no comfort and yet there is relief doing something that the world needs. Otherwise our lives are just some survival, gossip, entertainment and abuse of the other. We are not interested in stopping this madness, for many people it's not even having the desire to learn something new!

Edited by Applegarden8

Two years of war, and for what? Russia should have won by now.

We need a negotiated peace.

If this means Ukraine can join the EU but not NATO, so be it. 

It may not seem "fair" but then Putin won't relent over feeling agitated about Ukraine moving into NATO's orbit.

Ukraine should accept Crimea is gone. 

Russia should accept Ukrainian sovereignty. 

Let them share the Donbas republics.

And Ukraine cannot join NATO.

Moreover, Russia pays Ukraine operations for the war damage it is incurred. This can be regular financial payments, oil shipments, etc.

For there to be a peace, both sides have to agree on concessions. And the EU, NATO, and possibly even China should sign it. China is a bigger power than Russia, and Putin my not like it but he's China's junior. China is an economic power that Russia isn't, at least. 

@bebotalk

6 hours ago, bebotalk said:

Two years of war, and for what? Russia should have won by now.

We need a negotiated peace.

If this means Ukraine can join the EU but not NATO, so be it. 

It may not seem "fair" but then Putin won't relent over feeling agitated about Ukraine moving into NATO's orbit.

Ukraine should accept Crimea is gone. 

Russia should accept Ukrainian sovereignty. 

Let them share the Donbas republics.

And Ukraine cannot join NATO.

Moreover, Russia pays Ukraine operations for the war damage it is incurred. This can be regular financial payments, oil shipments, etc.

For there to be a peace, both sides have to agree on concessions. And the EU, NATO, and possibly even China should sign it. China is a bigger power than Russia, and Putin my not like it but he's China's junior. China is an economic power that Russia isn't, at least. 

Agreed this is the ideal compromise.

Posted (edited)

Since day 1 I have heard the words.

Russia will advance soon. I'll believe it when I see it. 'Widespread advance' with what exactly? Old tanks, low morale, run down equipment over hostile terrain they've already lost once? Ukraine have lower numbers but better gear and better training, less ammunition now supplies have been run down sadly. 

The world leaders for better or worse want a stalemate, and the war to stay frozen. Nobody is going to let Russia break that. They'll do exactly what's necessary to create and maintain it so their own countries are never threatened with a land invasion at any point in the future.

Oh and if Ukraine are not in NATO, its a war in ten years again, unless someone can arrange a window for Putin to stand near.

Edited by BlueOak