MarkKol

Help deciding between New York & London

11 posts in this topic

I’m going through a confusing period of choosing the city I’ll probably spend the rest of my life in, I wanted something big, as I’m quite entrepreneurial, energetic, adventurous/culturally curious and maybe even a bit autistic & naive. I find that my dopamine and sex drive shoots through the roof in these big cities, which makes me feel great amongst other things. London and New York City are by far the biggest cities in the western world, and honestly I was dead set on New York for a while but I started questioning my European roots while listening to a song called Eurostar by Central Cee and now it breaks my heart that I have to choose, I have a nearly native American accent, but England seems so familiar and close by.

Even though I’m sensing further instability, big political and structural change here in Europe, It’s not an influencing factor. I’m more concerned about survivability and sustainability in these mega cities, I’m only 20 and I’m ready to put my pride aside and sleep on a mattress as I scrape by in the beginning.

It might sound silly but I’ve never been to London, I’m probably going in the next month or two, I’m afraid it might not be enough experience to firmly decide between it and NYC.

I think that moving to the biggest city possible is probably the best decision anyone can make with their development, It’s as real and scary as it gets and not as easily deluded and fluffy as the spiritual stuff. Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by MarkKol

Which one is more exciting in your opinion. Go with the more exciting one.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

I just love where you're at in life man, and you're only 20. Really wish I didn't grow up in a church. Why determine which city you'll spend the rest of your life in? You could probably end up having real estate in both.

No offense but the reasoning you gave to move to these cities are pretty silly

The most important thing is to figure out is what the fux are your priorities. What do you want out of life, what do you want your life to be about. What your domain of mastery will be , what your favorite preferred impact towards mankind is, what your life's work will be about.  AKA chip away at your Life Purpose.

And reverse engineer your logistics from there

Also there is no need to move anywhere for the rest of your life. You can go somewhere for a few weeks or a few months, check It out and dip somewhere else

If you're that minimalistic and frugal, check out this other post . It may reasonate with you.

Also with these two you're deciding if you would rather get accidentally shot or accidentally stabbed 😂

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On 23/02/2024 at 1:07 PM, mmKay said:

No offense but the reasoning you gave to move to these cities are pretty silly

I could give you a million reasons, every guy in his 20s should look to move the the biggest city possible, as fast as possible. It doesn’t matter how shit your life is at the beginning of it all. For example, every guy, should probably look for free coaching from the best people he can find. Not the modern curriculum taught in schools or over zoom, literal mentorship from people who are not even looking to teach.

And all you have to do is ask, ask a million times.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:40 PM, MarkKol said:

I’m going through a confusing period of choosing the city I’ll probably spend the rest of my life in, I wanted something big, as I’m quite entrepreneurial, energetic, adventurous/culturally curious and maybe even a bit autistic & naive. I find that my dopamine and sex drive shoots through the roof in these big cities, which makes me feel great amongst other things. London and New York City are by far the biggest cities in the western world, and honestly I was dead set on New York for a while but I started questioning my European roots while listening to a song called Eurostar by Central Cee and now it breaks my heart that I have to choose, I have a nearly native American accent, but England seems so familiar and close by.

Even though I’m sensing further instability, big political and structural change here in Europe, It’s not an influencing factor. I’m more concerned about survivability and sustainability in these mega cities, I’m only 20 and I’m ready to put my pride aside and sleep on a mattress as I scrape by in the beginning.

It might sound silly but I’ve never been to London, I’m probably going in the next month or two, I’m afraid it might not be enough experience to firmly decide between it and NYC.

I think that moving to the biggest city possible is probably the best decision anyone can make with their development, It’s as real and scary as it gets and not as easily deluded and fluffy as the spiritual stuff. Any advice is appreciated.

NYC is more energetic, and London is more cultured. What are your goals? Which feels like less of a compromise to meet those goals?

On 24/2/2024 at 4:46 PM, MarkKol said:

I could give you a million reasons, every guy in his 20s should look to move the the biggest city possible, as fast as possible. It doesn’t matter how shit your life is at the beginning of it all. For example, every guy, should probably look for free coaching from the best people he can find. Not the modern curriculum taught in schools or over zoom, literal mentorship from people who are not even looking to teach.

And all you have to do is ask, ask a million times.

What I ment is that the reasons you gave that make you confused about moving, like listening to a song or you having an accent from there, are kinda shallow reasons for deciding where to move, and if you're asking for advice about how to make up your mind , you should ask yourself what your specific concrete actual priorities are, specifically for the domain of your Life Purpose ( your life's calling) and reverse engineer the logistics of your life based on your long term LP

You're basically asking " where" first ,instead of asking  " why" first

Ofc moving to a big city brings you new opportunities of meeting people

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Just choose which ever has more monetary benefit, will you make more money in one, does one have lower cost of living, etc.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:40 PM, MarkKol said:

It’s as real and scary as it gets and not as easily deluded and fluffy as the spiritual stuff.

lol. I chuckled at this.. 

All depends on your priorities.. the cost of living in those cities are way too high for someone like me to be "worthwhile", it would literally be financial suicide for me. And bigger doesn't always mean better.. you can be in a very big city that is very misaligned in your values. I've lived in some densely populated cities and did not like them at all, people tend to be more "robotic" and superficial (tho I don't know much about NYC or London in particular). Even if I was loaded financially I still don't desire to live in giant cities.. so I just say do your research if you can.

And well tbh if you reach a certain "state of consciousness" it doesn't matter as much where you live so long as it's peaceful and affordable. Thanks to the internet for instance.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You should go to a place where opportunity is abundant and also has a great young community for social life. You should go to New York.

Both are pretty similar as large global cities. Multi-cultural, cultural, and economic centres.