Giulio Bevilacqua

Guy got Schizoid Personality for one year after Psychedelics

17 posts in this topic

The dude sounds sane to me.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Plenty of folks are on the brink of mental disorder already. Certainly psychedelics could push them over the edge. Hardcore meditation could also send one over the edge.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

His example wasn’t schiz but, socially uncalibrated and out of alignment with typical interaction. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I almost fell into the trap of hardcore Psyches when I was younger. I think there needs to be a serious risk assessment, a lot are not mentally ready for it and the effect it has on your life after can't be understated either

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I almost fell into the trap of hardcore Psyches when I was younger. I think there needs to be a serious risk assessment, a lot are not mentally ready for it and the effect it has on your life after can't be understated either

That’s personally why I never do psychedelics illegally (e.g. 5-MeO) . I know I have mental health conditions, plus I get to use strong ass substances legally because of my conditions. So it’s a win-win situation.

I have access to IV ketamine legally anytime I want, but I’m wise enough not to do it regularly because I respect how powerful it is. Haven’t done it in 2 years. And I refuse to use insanely powerful cannabis products legally because I know how sensitive I am to THC. 

So the moral of the story is psychedelics can be used on people with mental health conditions, but they must be used very carefully and with a proper support system.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Giulio Bevilacqua Schizoid personality disorder is when someone inherently not interested in socializing with people.

I think he meant schizotypial personality disorder where a person thinks in weird ways as he mentioned.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@LSD-Rumi Interestingly, I relate to both points you mentioned, but I was never diagnosed with a personality disorder. 

@LSD-Rumi I just looked it up and that is me. I think I was before I awaken and now its just habit. I am not looking for friend or relationships but if God puts them to me I will probably do it. I was so depressed I forget how to flirt or communicate properly. To be honest I think my fear of death gave me schizophrenia and when I took mushroom it actually cured it, and now Im just sitting here not knowing how to interact with people and I did it for so long that its normal now and it does not bother me to be alone. But I was never diagnosed or showed symptoms beyond depression to others so I dont know. And I know now if I was honest while being checked out I would be diagnosed with it lol. It is weird that the actual schizophrenia is considered normal, you couldn't fuck the society up more on purpose.

Edited by Hojo

3 hours ago, Hojo said:

@LSD-Rumi I just looked it up and that is me. I think I was before I awaken and now its just habit. I am not looking for friend or relationships but if God puts them to me I will probably do it. I was so depressed I forget how to flirt or communicate properly. To be honest I think my fear of death gave me schizophrenia and when I took mushroom it actually cured it, and now Im just sitting here not knowing how to interact with people and I did it for so long that its normal now and it does not bother me to be alone. But I was never diagnosed or showed symptoms beyond depression to others so I dont know. And I know now if I was honest while being checked out I would be diagnosed with it lol. It is weird that the actual schizophrenia is considered normal, you couldn't fuck the society up more on purpose.

I go in and out of this. Getting a very social job where you interact with people and push yourself can help balance you out.

12 hours ago, Yimpa said:

@LSD-Rumi Interestingly, I relate to both points you mentioned, but I was never diagnosed with a personality disorder. 

Thinking in weird ways or not being interested in socializing alone wouldn't classify as a personality disorder.

Diagnostic is mostly bs anyway imo. It's just there for billing and also some people like to identify with having adhs or being depressed for example.

Most of this this sideways effects in my opinion happens to people that have a history of trauma. 
i noticed that everyone who had a quite chill and normal childhood and adolescence goes more smoothly through psychedelics and spiritual journey. 

47 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Most of this this sideways effects in my opinion happens to people that have a history of trauma. 
i noticed that everyone who had a quite chill and normal childhood and adolescence goes more smoothly through psychedelics and spiritual journey. 

How do you know that they had a normal childhood and adolescence? Couldn’t they be keeping their traumatic history a secret?

24 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

How do you know that they had a normal childhood and adolescence? Couldn’t they be keeping their traumatic history a secret?

i talk for the people that I know and for those that seem have had some issues during their life, it’s mostly a feeling sometimes. 

3 hours ago, Grateful Dead said:

Thinking in weird ways or not being interested in socializing alone wouldn't classify as a personality disorder.

Diagnostic is mostly bs anyway imo. It's just there for billing and also some people like to identify with having adhs or being depressed for example.

These are well know personality disorders in psychiatry. You could research that. I just provided a very short description of each.

22 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

These are well know personality disorders in psychiatry. You could research that. I just provided a very short description of each.

I know, just wanted to clarify that there is more to that then just one symptom.