Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sleep

I hate myself

15 posts in this topic

How do I stop hating myself

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

You are making up a persona and hating it. Dissolve yourself. You are nothing..

Hang in there. We’ve all been there. You will have to take charge of your life. Find your own answers. It could be your parents or a generational issue. Your whole family may have a negative mind set. If so, you need to break bad habits of negative thoughts and choose to be positive. Follow positivity accounts on social media.

Read self help books and get therapy.

Acknowledge your inner monologue and change it. Meditate. Be the silent watcher and not your thoughts.

Be patient. Trust the process.

Forgiveness and acceptance are also keys. Don’t expect this to come easy, though.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

You don't hate yourself, hatred=destruction, annihilation, since you are here asking questions you don't hate yourself. So the first step you need to learn is to be honest. Everything that someone hates they wish it didn't exist. Hatred breeds violence, the highest act of self hatred is suicide, and genocide. Since you haven't done any of those things you don't hate yourself. You hate your situation, your environment. If things could go the way you want them too and you could feel like you are in control then you would love yourself. So your hatred is just a result of selfishness.

To learn to love yourself you need to become a FAN of yourself. You need to find a passion, pursue it, and master it. This will create deep respect and admiration for yourself which will create Self-Love. Anyone that lacks passion in life, will lack Love for themselves. The other important aspect is framing. How you frame a situation can empower it or depower it. You need to learn to frame your memories in a positive manner that speaks with reverence and respect about you.

Negative self-talk is the birth of self-hatred, the more you engage in it the worst you will feel. This means you need to be a friend to yourself if you want to experience a good life.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

16 hours ago, sleep said:

disappearing. It is an interesting work, a serious challenge. If you have anger, hatred, deep sadness inside you, good. that is the fuel you need to burn the self

Edited by Breakingthewall

19 hours ago, sleep said:

Just look at the times in your life that you did good things and you were praised for doing them by other people so you know you are worthy of praise and love and admiration and you have your own strengths

Just look at the times in your life that you've felt this feeling that you hated yourself but you came out of it and survived

You've already beat this feeling once or more than once before for sure you just have to look at your memories

So that you know you are strong and you have the strength in you for overcoming this situation because you will see it's something you've already done sometimes before in your life

Peace be upon you my friend may you live well in your journey ✨

Thanks for all your answers guys. To reply to a few points, yeah, I guess I dislike the character Ive built, but I also recognize that the conventional self doesnt really exist. Thats helped me a lot to get through my negative self talk, which used to be a major issue for many years but isnt so much anymore. I liked the point razar made about being my own friend, I will try to be. 

Here's some thoughts to ponder that may or may not resonate with you. 

1. You have some attachment to certain goals and you believe it will bring you happyness.

2. Once you feel like you failed to meet the expectations/requirements to achieve that fantasy desire that you believe will bring you great happyness. You become sad. 

3. After sad follows frustration. 

4. Now you want to blame someone or something for that feeling "why the world is so cruel" kind of thing. 

5. You find nothing to blame so you put the hate/blame on yourself. (other people put blame on the world, bad childhood, parents, themselves, and if nothing works, on God itself) 

How to come out of it? 

At the stage when the feeling of "I failed" comes. Or the feeling of "I haven't failed yet but it looks like I'm about to fail and so I'm getting sad and then frustration follows". This is where you can change things.

There is a lot of fear surrounding the attachment. Belief that without the achievement of the desired goals your ticket to happyness is gone. Your hope for happyness is crushed. And feelings of bewilderment are right behind the corner waiting for you to fall into a despair. 

But in truth you have a choice at the moment you feel that fear rising. You can simply chose to allow and let the egoic fantasies crumble. It can feel psychologically painful. Yet on the other side there is the Sun. The Rays of freedom. And a treasure of happyness that never fades and needs no effort to achieve it. Needs no conditions to be there. Happyness that you need not earn it or be worthy of. It's simply there for you all the time forever. Then it's the end to seeking, attachment, fear of loss, and misery. Amen

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 2/21/2024 at 6:59 PM, sleep said:

I liked the point razar made about being my own friend, I will try to be. 

Here is some more motivation for you:

@sleep how does the hate makes you feel. Throughout your body. You have this hate and if you can really get a feel for it, it can be a great way to do a practice and stick with it even when it gets difficult because you know at the end of the tunnel you will love yourself.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

@sleep hey, hey. Hate is nice. It might not feel like that sometimes, but it's stuff only when it comes down to it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Perhaps seek someone who has mastered the whole emotion business. You'll be good <3