Rishabh R

Does failure lead to success?

13 posts in this topic

Recently I saw the response sheet of a competitive exam and I didn't score good. But it didn't made me feel bad that much. Cuz I was comfortable with failure. I know it's an obstacle/problem but does negative leads to the positive .Like - this situation is negative and it will lead to something positive if I take action and create positive or realistic narratives. Is this a good reframe ?

Also I have another problem , I curse the girls who rejected me in the past and went to someone else. But the reframe that I will have better opportunities with better girls is realistic ?

@Leo Gura  and people could you give me a realistic answers on this?

Sure. I failed countless times in the traditional academic system. I’ve had to discover alternative ways of learning. So it’s not that I am incapable of learning, it’s that I am embracing the fact that I learn differently. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

The mind can be really stubborn when it comes to change, especially when it comes to replacing unhealthy habits that you’ve gotten attached to for years and decades. So there will inevitably be an arduous transitional period where you’re still latching onto old ways despite making positive, new changes in your life. This is a normal part of the process; just don’t let yourself deviate back to your backwards too long.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Hey  all the mods including @Thought Art , @UnbornTao could we create a thread -Learning from failures. Like we can post that what are our failures from past 3 months and what can we learn from it and how we can implement the lesson learned ?

@Rishabh R We could, it’s also a useful collection for you to make for yourself in a commonplace book. 

There may be a good book on being using failure to succeed which you may want to buy. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Failure leads to learning.

Learning leads to success.

Failure causes disappointment and many will give up. You have to find many strong whys or quick reframe to continue to drive yourself towards success.

Edited by hyruga

20 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

Recently I saw the response sheet of a competitive exam and I didn't score good. But it didn't made me feel bad that much. Cuz I was comfortable with failure. I know it's an obstacle/problem but does negative leads to the positive .Like - this situation is negative and it will lead to something positive if I take action and create positive or realistic narratives. Is this a good reframe ?

Also I have another problem , I curse the girls who rejected me in the past and went to someone else. But the reframe that I will have better opportunities with better girls is realistic ?

@Leo Gura  and people could you give me a realistic answers on this?

Yes, it can and often does. 
Failures can show where one went wrong. 

On 2/17/2024 at 7:26 PM, Rishabh R said:

I would say you need to create both positive and realistic narratives. Both hard realism and positivity are needed to plan properly and execute meticulously to achieve your objective. 

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

it's pretty simple, really. Take riding a bike. When learning, one may fall off. Or learning to drive. 

By failing, we analyse and learn what's needed to be done.