Princess Arabia

If Time Is An Illusion, How Is Awakening Real On An Existential Level.

83 posts in this topic

Imagine some kind of prism refracting light into all the different colors. Depending on which angle you look at it from you'll see a different color. Reality is similar, but there are an infinite amount of perspectives and each perspective is unique. So it can't be totally understood from within a particular perspective, as it is ALL the perspectives, including that individual one.

It includes all perspectives since there is no "other" space to put them. Really, they're all happening "within" each other, but it doesn't appear to us that way, because it's simply another appearance. It serves no purpose, as purpose serves IT, for it is the highest of love.

The trick is to realize that you have direct and immediate access to an infinite amount of understanding beyond the immediate scope of the human mind, as "your human understanding" isn't really "your" understanding, but a lower frequency of pure understanding manifesting itself through your relative understanding. The problem then becomes that there is SO MUCH that the human mind gets over flooded with understanding. It's just too much to handle and so we become overwhelmed and frustrated with our thoughts and emotions and seemingly loose control (which really is an attempt to remain in control)

This reality has a capacity for infinite seeking without delivering you any substantial answers. The question then becomes whether you can trust reality enough to be okay with the possibility that you may never know all the answers. This then actually opens up the possibility to know.

Here is good meditation I like to do, which focuses on the now and also tries to be more direct and practical in raising your understanding.

Sit down and think of something you understand. You understand that you aren't currently being hunted by a tiger in the jungle, right? Take that thought and really feel into that thought. Feel into the security you feel when you KNOW that you are safe and that you aren't being hunted, or forced to do anything by anybody. You can go as deep as you want and you will be safe. Really feel into the bodily sensations that accompany your thoughts of safety and security. Focus not on those feelings per se, but rather on the fact that you UNDERSTAND that you feel that way. Try to sit with this understanding for a moment. Can you feel any type of pleasant or unpleasant sensations in the body? Acknowledge them and UNDERSTAND that you're experiencing them. 

This is where you need to make a crucial shift. You must understand that this understanding isn't YOUR understanding! It's simply understanding! It's completely free from any human restriction! It completely transcends all concept, shape or form. It almost feels like you tap into this river where words just start flowing through your mouth (or in this particular case through our fingers as we're typing) all by themselves. completely spontaneously. I'm often surprised by the stuff these fingers type out, or the thoughts "my" mind reflect to me. Not in a cocky kind of way, but more in a "I genuinely don't know where any of this came from and the message is as helpful to me as it would have be if someone else had written it for me" type of way. These messages often times don't feel like "my" messages (as in the human).

The meditation I've provided has helped me cultivate this ability to let go and flow with the river of the moment. I'm not sure if it will resonate, but perhaps someone will find it helpful (I know I did ;)).

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobotBeautiful. As I was reading it, especially the part about feel into the understanding, not trying to understand but for understanding's sake, for a split second i felt something; it resonated deeply. Beautifully written. Thank you.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia Glad that it resonates. Doing this exercise from time to time helps to open up the mind not just in a psychological way, but more importantly on an energetic level. It's like an energetic muscle that you strengthen, allowing you to abide in this space more regularly. That has been my experience at least.

beep boop

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Princess Arabia Glad that it resonates. Doing this exercise from time to time helps to open up the mind not just in a psychological way, but more importantly on an energetic level. It's like an energetic muscle that you strengthen, allowing you to abide in this space more regularly. That has been my experience at least.

Ok, thank you for this.

On 2/18/2024 at 1:30 PM, Princess Arabia said:

I didn't say there is no point to Awakening, I said there's no point of Awakening. What I meant was, from point A to point B. Not as in there's no point, like useless, no I didn't mean that. But I'm still trying to see where, if that is already the case and time is a creation then Awakening is also a creation. I'm just probably over thinking and using my logical mind to try and reason this shit out. And I do understand the difference between intellectually analyzing and becoming or experiencing things for yourself. Which I have. I've seen through some of the stuff I've learnt and have seen how I've created this human character.

Yeah but have you experienced yourself as PURE CREATIVITY? How would you like to know that you created all of your favorite songs? How would you like to experience having the ability right now being the best singer in the world? Or the best dancer? I had an awakening where I was given the ability temporarily to do things talent wise that I did not normally have the ability to do. Just to show me that I was the Creator, and that I was PURE CREATIVITY. It blew my MIND!!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Yeah but have you experienced yourself as PURE CREATIVITY?

How can you experience yourself. You can only BE yourself.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

How can you experience yourself. You can only BE yourself.

Being and experience are the same, Being is experience.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Ok

time has two aspects and many false theories

The first aspect is phenomenal, it is the relation between 1. will and 2. rate of diminution of sense-impression and thought, implying the timeless state of meditation.

The second aspect is physical, it is the relation between matter and matter (time goes faster because of gravity and gravity gets stronger because of the displacement of matter through time)

The first aspect is time proper, the second aspect is a projection of our mind upon the world, informed by principles of logic. This second aspect is likely not time at all, and ineffable or indiscernible by our mind. (the duration between the big bang and now is 0, something must be impressed/imposed on for substance to provide a rate of change (diminution).

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

24 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Maybe not.

19 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Maybe not.

It is. Experience is everything. When I was in the void, experience was still there. It just wasn't a human experience. I get tired of yall limited definitions of experience. An empty void is still an experience. You don't need an experiencer, to have experience. Silence is an experience, whether there is an experiencer or not. The Silence realizes it is silence. It is aware that it is silence itself. 

This is why yall get so confused because you don't take responsibility of constructing understanding properly.

38 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

It is. Experience is everything. When I was in the void, experience was still there. It just wasn't a human experience. I get tired of yall limited definitions of experience. An empty void is still an experience. You don't need an experiencer, to have experience. Silence is an experience, whether there is an experiencer or not. The Silence realizes it is silence. It is aware that it is silence itself. 

This is why yall get so confused because you don't take responsibility of constructing understanding properly.

@Razard86

If I ask you how "experience" can have a conceptual meaning such that you can denote on valid grounds things through that concept you must say because it is distinct from a non-experience, or that which experiences.

And then you will throw that principle in the bin as soon as something instantiates that which makes that concept even conceivable, a non-experience, by saying that the concept has meaning independent of its condition.

This you do unironically while being yourself already the reason why the concept is conceivable, by being distinct from an experience.

You wish to have the cake and eat it, you want to engage in concepts with your "proper understanding" and then use these concepts without the restriction on which they are contingent. Its like you are Aladdin wanting to fly but refusing to do it with your flying carpet.

Your only counter argument is saying that the meaning of experience and experiences themselves self-distributes in all things, but that is an explanation which is excessive and unfalsifiable, since we can explain what is going on with the relation between the concept of experience and experience itself without the concept of universal self-distribution they are simply over-indulgent or extravagant. 

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

11 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

@Razard86 Being is, experience occurs.

Being cannot know that it is, unless it experiences that it IS!!! That is awakening!!! You are only able to recognize the experience, because...you ARE EXPERIENCE!!! YOU ARE IT!!! You are eternal, so what occurs, is ALWAYS occuring. Also everything is made of the same thing!!! It is made of NOTHING!!! When you awaken to everything being NOTHING, then you realize that there is ALWAYS EXPERIENCE!!! Because BEING and EXPERIENCE are the SAME THING!!!

This is the VOID!!! Right now this is the VOID!!! This is why I can tell who is awaken or not because when I entered the void, I realized the flaws in the logic of those who think like you. When you enter the VOID, who you are right now....will still be there. Your ability to think will still be there, because thinking is not some human thing. Your ability to feel emotion will still be there because again emotion is not some human thing. God is a mind that is able to emote, and think. God bestows this ability in a limited capacity to humans. 

All is MIND, the void is a mind that can communicate what it is, and that it is YOU. Everything is a thought in the Universal Mind. It is BEING and it is EXPERIENCE. It experiences itself and does not need a human to experience itself. But....without the human and other creations it cannot have a life of its own to share what it is. So it creates to accomplish that end. Otherwise it is just an empty void, floating NO WHERE.

@Razard86 You're still holding being as an action, not as is. Here, there, when, entering, floating. Whatever you're talking about is relative and a subjective state.

You might have had insight or breakthrough but it always sounds like your mind and intellect are filtering it through their set of beliefs.

Edited by UnbornTao

26 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Everything is a thought in the Universal Mind. It is BEING and it is EXPERIENCE. 

I saw that the physical world outside my awareness are thoughts, I saw that the 'hard stuff' right now is inside/is my Head/Mind but I don't understand how the hard stuff are thoughts also. 

Leo said once that the present moment with all the hard stuff is imaginary, but a different kind of imaginary.

What do you mean by 'everything is a thought'?

Just now, Vibes said:

I saw that the physical world outside my awareness are thoughts, I saw that the 'hard stuff' right now is inside/is my Head/Mind but I don't understand how the hard stuff are thoughts also. 

Leo said once that the present moment with all the hard stuff is imaginary, but a different kind of imaginary.

What do you mean by 'everything is a thought'?

Close your eyes.....dream a bird flying. Investigate what that bird that is flying in your mind...what is it made of?

Open your eyes, feel your body, notice that the same feeling of being that the bird you imagined in your mind had...is made of the same stuff that your body is. What is that feeling? What was that being that you sensed....what is it made of? If you can crack this question....you will become aware why everything is ONE, there is no separation, and will understand how you are fooling yourself that distinction actually exists. There is no distinction and you are creating distinction through language and meaning. 

Everything is PURE IMAGINATION. Imagination is a thought conjured up within a mind.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Everything is PURE IMAGINATION. Imagination is a thought conjured up within a mind.

You inside your mind now this now everything is you. This forum is your mind talking back to yourself. You don't go anywhere this is heaven now. If you go deep enough everything around you now will fade away and when you become even more conscious you will as well. And if you go even deeper well you will have to find that out for yourselves.9_9

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

@Razard86 Look around, everywhere around you being just happens, what does being do? It does separation.

Before all your own intentions the world just is, and how do you know? Because being separates itself into experience and experiencer. 

And what can your intentions do? It has no power here, all its power is conditioned on the separation, it can only fool itself into thinking that it could undermine the separation

Edited by Reciprocality