Someone here

Solipsism->nonduality ->Ontological Nihilism

174 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

For me personally and honestly..I just enjoy cracking my mind over metaphysical mumbo-jumbo.  It's one of the things im passionate about in life .

You are the ultimate arm chair philosopher then. I think I understood you better now

1 minute ago, Davino said:

You are the ultimate arm chair philosopher then.

CEO of mental masturbation :D

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 minutes ago, Osaid said:

CEO of mental masturbation :D

What about you then?  CEO of physical masturbation? :P 

How many times you coomed today?  Must been 4 bare minimum. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

JesusChrist on Solipsism:

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him:

'Of all the commandments, which is the most important?'

'The most important one,' answered Jesus, ' is this:

'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your Heart and with all your Soul and with all your Mind and with all your Strength.'

The second is this:

'Love your neighbor as yourelf.'

There is no commandment greater than these

(Mark 12:28-31)

Edited by Davino

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What about you then?  CEO of physical masturbation? :P 

How many times you coomed today?  Must been 4 bare minimum. 

Jokes aside, I really do think it is a serious issue, for you.

Doesn't hurt to be real with yourself and others once in a while. Maybe there are benefits?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

25 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Jokes aside, I really do think it is a serious issue, for you.

Doesn't hurt to be real with yourself and others once in a while. Maybe there are benefits?

Sorry but that is just utter nonsense. I'm really not baby-sitting anyone on here. I'm a hardcore Truth seeker. I identify as that. And I ask you to respect this. If you don't like me and my threads simply ignore them . Simple ..right  ? A piece of cake .

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Sorry but that is just utter nonsense. I'm really not baby-sitting anyone on here. I'm a hardcore Truth seeker. I identify as that. And I ask you to respect this. If you don't like me and my threads simply ignore them . Simple ..right  ? A piece of cake .

I didn't say it because I don't like you. I'm saying it because I care about you.

You obviously enjoy making these topics, I don't mean to necessarily take that away from you, but it is worth questioning why it is enjoyable for you. What does it do for you?

13 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I'm saying it because I care about you.

What are you my mom or something jk 😂? 

13 minutes ago, Osaid said:

but it is worth questioning why it is enjoyable for you. What does it do for you?

Learning to an extent is NOT about applicability or pragmatic value  philosophy transplantation is literally love of wisdom for its own sake.

Also ... learning itself is also about making a person better than they were before. It’s not just about how it can apply to the real world..that’s boring..It’s like a mental exercise. 

And come on ..you as well indulge in philosophical discourse often on here .so don't play the innocent angel .

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What are you my mom or something jk 😂? 

Learning to an extent is NOT about applicability or pragmatic value  philosophy transplantation is literally love of wisdom for its own sake.

Also ... learning itself is also about making a person better than they were before. It’s not just about how it can apply to the real world..that’s boring..It’s like a mental exercise. 

And come on ..you as well indulge in philosophical discourse often on here .so don't play the innocent angel .

Whatever makes you happy.

On 04/02/2024 at 11:48 PM, Someone here said:

Answer me this please .

why is there something rather than nothing? 

Not a single answer can be provided coherently other than that there simply isn't. 

There isn't! Tada!! 

So supposedly  that's the universe's ultimate question. Let's dig into it. And prove that reality doesn't actually exist lol 

Ponder this : how is it possible that a physical universe made of physical actual "real" matter can exist at all in God's earth?  Yeah its impossible. Notice that your experience right now is an impossible phenomenon. Infinity is the impossible made possible as Leo calls it. 

Yup..it's absolutely nuts when ya get it .

Dude do more psycadelics. People think psycadelics activate the whole brain but some studies suggest that actualy it work well because it shut down this useless intelectualization. Even I a moderate dose of mushrooms you would not need or even be able to construct all this house of cards. Existence is all there is, Infinite existence

8 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

This section of this Forum is the worst section ever. 

Hush

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

18 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Can you explain the sameness in these two sentences. You said God experiences every experience and that God is every experience. So, God is experiencing experiences?

In the first sentence, God is anthropomorphized. In the second, God is objectified. Whichever you prefer. I thought about making the sentences the same, but I just left it like that for some reason. Maybe it happened because God "thought" this was a lesson that was needed (that God can be made both being-like and object-like and still be God) 😉

By the way, I usually prefer objectifying God, as there is to my knowledge little evidence that God thinks and feels like a human "by itself" so to speak, although I won't discard such a possibility. God as "an empty field which's excitations are experiences" is a description I like.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

33 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

In the first sentence, God is anthropomorphized. In the second, God is objectified. Whichever you prefer. I thought about making the sentences the same, but I just left it like that for some reason. Maybe it happened because God "thought" this was a lesson that was needed (that God can be both be made being-like and object-like and still be God) 😉

By the way, I usually prefer objectifying God, as there is to my knowledge little evidence that God thinks and feels like a human "by itself" so to speak, although I won't discard such a possibility. God as "an empty field which's excitations are experiences" is a description I like.

Ok, thank you.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

In the first sentence, God is anthropomorphized. In the second, God is objectified. Whichever you prefer. I thought about making the sentences the same, but I just left it like that for some reason. Maybe it happened because God "thought" this was a lesson that was needed (that God can be both be made being-like and object-like and still be God) 😉

Humans don't have emotions, God imagining itself as a human has emotions. Humans take credit for what God is doing. So yes God has emotions because it imagines emotions. What should be asked is why did God create emotions and what purpose do they serve.

This will explain why there is no problem anthropomorphizing God. Maybe just maybe it makes sense to do it because God created emotions so it could experience and discover anew what Love is.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Facets into the jewell of Solipsism.

The minute is tuned in the video for you. Leo has answered all these questions in strenuous detail in his work. Here is an example:

Division vs Unity for more on this. 

Edited by Davino

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Humans don't have emotions, God imagining itself as a human has emotions. Humans take credit for what God is doing. So yes God has emotions because it imagines emotions. What should be asked is why did God create emotions and what purpose do they serve.

This will explain why there is no problem anthropomorphizing God. Maybe just maybe it makes sense to do it because God created emotions so it could experience and discover anew what Love is.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Everything exists within God. But if emotions can be said to exist and humans can be said to exist, then human emotions can be said to exist within human egoic bubbles. The question is whether human-like thoughts and emotions only exist within these human egoic bubbles or whether they exist outside of them as well, sort of like a white bearded man in the clouds looking down on Earth.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

54 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Everything exists within God. But if emotions can be said to exist and humans can be said to exist, then human emotions can be said to exist within human egoic bubbles. The question is whether human-like thoughts and emotions only exist within these human egoic bubbles or whether they exist outside of them as well, sort of like a white bearded man in the clouds looking down on Earth.

I don't think you can equivocate God having emotions to a bearded man in the sky. But yes God has emotions that is the point I am making. You aren't actually human, you are God cosplaying as a human. As such it isn't the human having the emotions, it is God.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Solipsism is: only I exist and the people I talk to are imaginary and have no experience of their own. Reality is a set built by me as a god to deceive myself and play a game, out of love, boredom or whatever.

How to define this idea?

On 6.2.2024 at 4:49 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Idk who or what you're referring to. I was simply stating how a shared video made me feel and why I couldn't watch it. Then a few comments were made regarding that. I don't know who is seeking attention.

I am referring to you.

You posted here in this thread 6 low quality low content posts in a row. That's a new record. 

How does it contribute to this topic how you feel about the voice of a video? The voice doesn't matter just listen to the content. No one here is interested in how you feel about the voice of a video.

The following posts were also not contributing to anything for the readers here but for your attention seeking. So please stop that in the future. Thanks

Edited by OBEler