DefinitelyNotARobot

Awakening to infinite chess

23 posts in this topic

I was laying in bed one morning trying to fall asleep as I entered a profound state of consciousness. Let's just call it Chess Consciousness, because Alien Consciousness is a thing now, and thus I proclaim my right to my very own name. Thank you very much.

Anyway, it's kind of difficult for me to describe in words, but I'd say that my entire previous reality, including all the senses, memories and concepts, had been reorganized into an infinite game of chess. Consciousness was the board, and similarly to how consciousness can take on the quality of redness in the color of red, it had taken on the quality of "chessness" in this case. Everything was reinterpreted through this deeper sense of chess. So the sound of a bird chirping basically wasn't being interpreted as the sound of a chirping bird, but somehow correlated with a move inside the game.

It began by me just laying in bed and moving around as you do in sleep. My body had already fallen asleep, but the mind was still fully and vividly conscious. I moved a leg and it was suddenly threatening to capture a hand. So I moved the hand out of the way, just for it to be threatening to take the nose. Suddenly there is a bird chirping, the chirping is threatening to take the sensation of the bed pressing against the body. There is no defending it. Suddenly that whole sequence of moves became a much larger piece on an even larger chess board that was intersecting with the current chess board. These larger pieces would make moves and all of their moves would accumulate into a much larger piece making moves ad infinitum. It was a completely paradoxical and strange loopy sort of reality. My person had become nothing but a meaningless fragment of that whole machine, but I was the machine itself! I was the very essence of chess! I was all of it. Every move, every piece, every part of the whole, individually and collectively as I was playing this game against my very self.

I don't remember waking up, I just remember being awake at some point and just going "What the fuck was that?!". I didn't take any drugs, I was just practicing wakeful dreaming. I hope to be able to reproduce similar effects in the future.

I've been having weird, strange loopy and seemingly non-nonsensical dreams of infinity lately, so that dream definitely plays into that whole theme really well. It felt like what I'd image a low dose of Salvia or DMT to feel like, though these substances would've exponentially amplified the lucidity of this state. It honestly made me excited to try either, once I've accumulated more psychedelic and lived experiences.

beep boop

This is what happens when you smoke a rook.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When I read threads like this it makes total sense why Leo dont publish more videos. With this audience, no amount of pointers will help. 

11 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

When I read threads like this it makes total sense why Leo dont publish more videos. With this audience, no amount of pointers will help. 

No, he's getting it.

The rest of you aren't.

22 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

You're so acidic.

@DefinitelyNotARobot I thought I was crazy man. I had similar shit like this, but it's too crazy to make sense of it let alone explain it.

1 minute ago, Vibes said:

it's too crazy to make sense of it let alone explain it.

What I loved about this particular one is the lucidity of it all and how it made just enough sense for me to put into words. Most of these kinds of experience involve what the human mind can only interpret as random noise, because they're so far beyond the scope of anything memorizable.

beep boop

I’ve been having vivid ass dreams since I quit my ADHD meds. Let the games begin!!

The shock thickens 

2 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

The best of us can fall into these mind games if you use psychedelics the wrong way.

@StarStruck Tell me, what do you know about the depth and the layers of mind games that are being played right now as you're sitting there reading these words? Do you even truly know what a mind game is? Or are you simply using this term to refer to something you don't understand, because it's easier than to actually try and understand it?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

e5

Will trade insights and guidance from a decade of intense spiritual practice and study for insights into how to hang drywall efficiently. PM me. 

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

e5

Checkmate

@Igor82 Please do not post irrelevant posts in threads.

@Igor82 This man is one step away from astral projecting himself into Leo's digestive tract and fixing the issue himself.

beep boop

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@StarStruck Tell me, what do you know about the depth and the layers of mind games that are being played right now as you're sitting there reading these words? Do you even truly know what a mind game is? Or are you simply using this term to refer to something you don't understand, because it's easier than to actually try and understand it?

Is this a gambit?

10 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

My person had become nothing but a meaningless fragment of that whole machine, but I was the machine itself! I was the very essence of chess! I was all of it. Every move, every piece, every part of the whole, individually and collectively as I was playing this game against my very self.

It's God playing chess against itself, not "you". The idea of "you" is just a pawn in the game, not the game itself. Other than that, it's pretty spot on!

Btw, check out the short novel "Chess" by Stefan Zweig. It's a mean little masterpiece, and it sounds like it might be right up your alley. ;)