Tudo

How do I know if other people's consciousness happens simultaneously with mine?

16 posts in this topic

How do I know if other people's consciousness/experience happens simultaneously with mine?

If only my consciousness/experience exists right now, how can I be certain that I will be "dreaming" other people's consciousness/experiences (incarnation of other beings) in the future? Or has it already occurred, considering the absence of a concrete existence for time (time is just a concept).

Please, people, answer these questions carefully. It's very important to me.

Edited by Tudo

You are anthropomorphizing consciousness. Consciousness is not "mine" or "theirs." Consciousness is not in "past" or "future." You are concluding things based on relative parameters, but consciousness is not relative. There are people in consciousness, not consciousness in people. 

The fundamental error is believing that you can think of what is absolutely true. You can't. You can only become aware of it. You are trying to imagine something that is true about your experience, but imagination is just a part of experience. Your imagination only works in relativity.

"Know consciousness happening simultaneously with mine" is just intellectual diarrhea which points to nothing, because you are ascribing relativity to consciousness, which can't be the case.

This is the problem with trying to become enlightened through philosophy.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

No one can monopolize Consciousness. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Squeekytoy said:

@Tudo How do you know you didn't experience life as someone else one second ago.

Just because you currently have no memory of it, doesn't mean it didn't happen...

I didn't say it wasn't possible. All I want is some proof of it

3 minutes ago, Tudo said:

All I want is some proof of it

You want a thought to prove your thought. Fun.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

What you can do is become aware that others are being imagined by you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Tudo

1 hour ago, Tudo said:

How do I know if other people's consciousness/experience happens simultaneously with mine?

If only my consciousness/experience exists right now, how can I be certain that I will be "dreaming" other people's consciousness/experiences (incarnation of other beings) in the future? Or has it already occurred, considering the absence of a concrete existence for time (time is just a concept).

Please, people, answer these questions carefully. It's very important to me.

When you are interacting with said others in one room, communicating with each other via body language and speaking style.

The second question feels like a begging to skepticism and to the state of not knowing, and parallel universes because how can anyone ever know if they'd dream up another in the future when sleeping? Or if it's already happened considering no concrete existence of time albeit objective/subjective time exists?

@Tudo

38 minutes ago, Tudo said:

And the proof of the proof?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No "you", imagination can't be imagined by imagination.

Forget "others." Just realize that all distinctions are imagined.

Edited by Osaid

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you realize others are imagined by you, does it make sense to tell those "imagined" characters that?

Like, "Hey, made up humans, Just realize that others are imaginary". I only know I exist, but others claim the same. Does waking up (or any other God realized pointer words) answers this question? Or does it remain a mystery?

57 minutes ago, AncestorOfAisle6 said:

If you realize others are imagined by you, does it make sense to tell those "imagined" characters that?

Like, "Hey, made up humans, Just realize that others are imaginary". I only know I exist, but others claim the same. Does waking up (or any other God realized pointer words) answers this question? Or does it remain a mystery?

Realize first that the one who wants to tell others they are imaginary is also imaginary.

Otherwise it is just yet another identity identifying, this time spiritual, so it must be better/higher/deeper, right?

2 hours ago, josemar said:

Realize first that the one who wants to tell others they are imaginary is also imaginary.

Otherwise it is just yet another identity identifying, this time spiritual, so it must be better/higher/deeper, right?

Eh.. let me ponder that for a while.

11 hours ago, AncestorOfAisle6 said:

It makes sense because one is still stuck in the dream and has to interact with dream characters all the time to survive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is no escape of this. I myself ready was in this circulatory purgatory so many time that I laugth of myself whenever I try to wrap my mind around it again and again. Is like a ballon who have an eye from inside and it wants to see its exterior side but if he somehow is able to turn to the outside the eye comes with the turning and then it dont see the inside anymore and the outside becomes the new normal and then it start asking itself: - hey how I look like from inside?, so it turns again and wherever it looks for itself is still there.

19 hours ago, Tudo said:

Let's see, right now there is an experience happening in which you are you, right? Do you think it's possible that in the eternity of existence it only happened that a guy that is you is writing on the forum? Surely there have been more experiences, right? infinite? And where are those experiences now? in the past? So infinity is temporally limited? It wouldn't be infinite. Let's say that inside you, right now, the whole infinity is, and that means that everything that appears in your experience is infinite too, and inside it, the whole infinity is, etc.  Infinity is infinite, in any direction, if not it would be limited. It's unimaginable. 

Edited by Breakingthewall