ZenAlex

What could be causing sudden exercise intolerance?

85 posts in this topic

I'm going to take one last active b12 test to see if my dietary changes have impacted my b12 levels at all over the last 2 months, then I am considering a sublingual b12 supplement.

I'm only concerned because I realise around the time my symptoms started, for months I was taking a new supplement - Veg1 with cyancobalamin b12, and part of me is still concerned that may have triggered it. 

I've thought of this months ago, but eventually dismissed it as I thought it was unlikely. Adrenal fatigue is a possibility, and some of the experiences these people are having seem similar to mine - 

https://www.reddit.com/r/adrenalfatigue/comments/16e0szn/adrenal_fatigue_through_vit_b12_supplement/

https://www.reddit.com/r/adrenalfatigue/comments/16gyp1i/b12/

This is why I am scared to try any b12 supp now tbh. 

Signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency may include:

Fatigue - Sleep not as refreshing, although not exactly that tired or anything., 

Body aches.

Unexplained weight loss.

Low blood pressure.

Lightheadedness.

Loss of body hair - Thinner eyebrows, noticed receeding hairline and also a thin patch on top of head. 

Skin discoloration (hyperpigmentation)

@ZenAlex As part of my long covid investigations my adrenaline responses where measured and results where fine. 

Other long covid patience are also reporting hair loss. As have I.

I have lost been diagnosed with Postural Hypotension (low blood pressure) and am now on sodium chloride tablets alongside compression stockings. 

And MCAS is also a typical symptom of LC, not for everyone though. 

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

@ZenAlex As part of my long covid investigations my adrenaline responses where measured and results where fine. 

Other long covid patience are also reporting hair loss. As have I.

I have lost been diagnosed with Postural Hypotension (low blood pressure) and am now on sodium chloride tablets alongside compression stockings. 

And MCAS is also a typical symptom of LC, not for everyone though. 

The one thing that's difficult about situations like this is that there's so much overlapping of symptoms.

How would you test and diagnose MCAS. 

@ZenAlex absolutely yeah, mine appeared out of no where. https://www.mastcellaction.org/diagnosing-mcas

I found this online with regards to MCAS diagnosis. 

If you want, and it's a harmless approach, you could try the medicine Alevia, which is brand name Fexofenadine hydrochloride an anti histamine available at all major supermarkets. That is 1 option.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/310650539

Not all long covid patience do get MCAS activation but many do, many I have met in person. 

You could also (which I use) try Hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy, completely harmless, see if you could find this local to you? See if your symptoms improve at all?

Have you been to the GP? 

Also I HIGHLY recommend reading a book called the Long COVID handbook (Gez Medinger & Professor Danny Altmann), that could potentially answer so many of your questions and put you out of your misery. 

((DO NOT TAKE IF

- You are allergic to fexofenadine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine

WARNINGS

- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Allevia if:

You have problems with your liver

You have problems with your kidneys

You have or ever had heart disease

You are elderly

You are pregnant or breast-feeding

- Do not exceed the stated dose

- If symptoms persist consult your doctor

Keep out of the sight and reach of children.

Allevia is unlikely to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. However, you should check that these tablets do not make you feel sleepy or dizzy before driving or operating machinery.))

On 08/04/2024 at 2:21 PM, tezk said:

You would qualify for POIS based on what I'm reading here. Here's an interesting question: are the mood disturbances following ejaculation similar in nature to those that follow exercise? If they are, then I wouldn't rule out that this exercise intolerance isn't related to POIS. And if that's the case, it wouldn't hurt to experiment with some of the classic POIS treatments and see if they work for you - I know you obviously have many other avenues to explore as well, maybe it is completely unrelated. But as for any weird chronic disease, it's really just a matter of relentlessly testing everything and picking up the clues along the way.

Sorry for late response. I've been on nofap for the majority of the last 8 years, with minor "relapses" (I just decided to jerk off for the fun of it after a while).

I don't jerk off very often now. Last time I PMO'd was in december, since then just had wet dreams, and occasionally finished myself off if my wet dream didn't do it and I woke up during, but that only happened 2-3 times in 2024.

I do notice more irritability after wet dreams, but not that bad, and it's gone after 2-3 days or so. I just refrain from jerking off entirely, my sex drive has been piss poor and inconsistent since I was a teenager. I remember having ED during childhood even, and inconsistent sex drive.

This makes me believe i have hormone issues but I really didn't care because I was often so sexually, socially and romantically apathetic.