MarkKol

I keep experiencing the afternoon crash

34 posts in this topic

It has been happening every day without exception for months now. For example today, I woke up at 10:00 am and now I'm crashing at 14:00 pm. I tried reducing my morning carbohydrates and it still happens, everyone I know seems to be experiencing this too because everyone is currently sleeping, even the outside noise has toned down a bit.

I don't want to be put through this torture every day, do you have any ideas on how to prevent it?

My current morning diet is
- 190g Avocado
- 30-45g Olive oil
- 20g Collagen peptides
- Cinnamon
- 2g Ginger
- 125g fresh blueberries 
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2-5g Matcha green tea

After that, it's mostly ground beef, kefir and fruit. I also tried a vegetarian/vegan diet and saw no improvements. I don't mind being more relaxed in the afternoon but I hate being tired.

I don't drink coffee or eat any processed foods ever, although I might start drinking or supplementing caffeine if this continues.

Edited by MarkKol

Are you skinny?

you ever had your thyroid hormones tested? your testosterone? your blood sugar/insulin?

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

50 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Are you skinny?

Yes 62kg, 7kg up from 3 months ago

50 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

you ever had your thyroid hormones tested? your testosterone? your blood sugar/insulin?

Never, I tried to get a bloodtest 2 days ago but the doctor was on vacation or smth.

Since I'm eating it right now this is what the second meal looks like

IMG_3670.jpg

Edited by MarkKol

3 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

For what size? I also had energy crashes a few years ago when I was 63kg, I was also cold.
Now I'm stagnating between 70/75kg and I no longer have these crashes, even after insomnia.
Probably even I would benefit from going up to 80kg (for 1m82)

3 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Never, I tried to get a bloodtest 2 days ago but the doctor was on vacation or smth.

You can probably simply request a blood test directly from a medical analysis laboratory.

In case of chronic hypothyroidism and/or lack of calories you may have energy crashes in the event of a reduction in glucocorticoids.
Early afternoon is a low-stress time for most people

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

IMG_3670.jpg

Doesn't seem high in calories, you might need at least 3000 calories if you're active. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Schizophonia

I forgot what it's called and the reason why between 2p.m and 4p.m. the body feels a bit tired; something to do with the circadian rhythm.

Also, do you drink water upon arising. I mean before you put anything else in your mouth. Lemon water is ideal and water with a pinch of Celtics or Himalayan salt is even better(electrolyte) but plain water is better than not doing it.

The cells are mainly made up of water and are protected by membranes. Plain water only hits the outer layer and bounces off the membranes without penetrating the cells which the lemon and salt help to do. 

When we sleep our cells are busy at work and upon waking they need that energy boost (water) to lift them up. Ideally wait 15mins before eating to let the water make it rounds and do its job. This will pick you up in the morning and usually sustains it even in the down hrs and you shouldn't feel as tired unless you didn't get enough sleep.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

I used to have that as well until I reduced the amount of breakfast significantly. I have a few fruits for breakfast & a light lunch as well. I get most of the days calories from dinner after all my work is said and done.

Sailing on the ceiling 

9 hours ago, Rigel said:

I used to have that as well until I reduced the amount of breakfast significantly. I have a few fruits for breakfast & a light lunch as well. I get most of the days calories from dinner after all my work is said and done.

I've had this problem for a few months, and I always have a big and a relatively healthy breakfast. I'll give this a try.

On 21/01/2024 at 3:44 PM, MarkKol said:

Since I'm eating it right now this is what the second meal looks like

IMG_3670.jpg

I have the same pc (macbook pro 2013, around those years) except that mine is disgusting, I have to clean it.
Much better than Windaube.

14 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

have the same pc (macbook pro 2013, around those years) except that mine is disgusting, I have to clean it.
Much better than Windaube.

That’s the 2020 M1 Pro macbook pro, I wouldn’t recommend it because the OS is too confined and inflexible, + I really miss being able to play games on my pc. I’m definitely going with a big and powerful windows laptop next time. I really miss windows.

how do you have 1000ng/dL testosterone with insomnia it just doesn’t make sense, what should I do to get a similar result? I don’t have insomnia but the next worst thing: a nightshift job, so pretty much insomnia. 

36 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

That’s the 2020 M1 Pro macbook pro, I wouldn’t recommend it because the OS is too confined and inflexible, + I really miss being able to play games on my pc. I’m definitely going with a big and powerful windows laptop next time. I really miss windows.

It's true but it's the only advantage of Windows.

I think.

how do you have 1000ng/dL testosterone with insomnia it just doesn’t make sense, what should I do to get a similar result? I don’t have insomnia but the next worst thing: a nightshift job, so pretty much insomnia. 

Insomnia probably has little influence on testosterone, probably much more on spermatogenesis. I noticed larger testicles with the improvement in my sleep.

I eat well, around 2500/3000kcal on average, I take 10,000 steps per day, a little muscle strengthening, and I sometimes take a B complex.
My diet is centered on meat (poultry, beef and pork, mainly), dairy products (especially goat), pasta, potatoes, a few vegetables here and there (especially onions, cucumbers, peppers and sometimes spinach), fruits, fruit juices, chocolates, sometimes sweets/cakes, and a relatively liberal amount of butter, olive oil and sugar (if possible unrefined like muscovado/panela, molasses, syrup of maple...)

There is probably a deal around the prolactin, I have no post orgasm sedation. Maybe you'd like to try cabergoline if you want to experiment and see if your testosterone increases lol, or even some atypical antipsychotics, idk.

Edited by Schizophonia

58 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I noticed larger testicles with the improvement in my sleep.

How much larger?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Why you eating no protein for breakfast?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Make sure you’re getting enough zzz’s

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How much larger?

A little bigger by a few minimeters I think, but above all rounded more often rather than "drooping".
Probably because of a higher blood flow.

Edited by Schizophonia

14 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

I eat well, around 2500/3000kcal on average, I take 10,000 steps per day, a little muscle strengthening, and I sometimes take a B complex.
My diet is centered on meat (poultry, beef and pork, mainly), dairy products (especially goat), pasta, potatoes, a few vegetables here and there (especially onions, cucumbers, peppers and sometimes spinach), fruits, fruit juices, chocolates, sometimes sweets/cakes, and a relatively liberal amount of butter, olive oil and sugar (if possible unrefined like muscovado/panela, molasses, syrup of maple...)

Have you measured your VO2, grip strength, and Apo-B??

Honestly i've had periods where I crash at 3pm every single day and then long periods where my energy is completely stable throughout the day and I don't need to nap. I'm still quite uncertain as to what causes it, despite a ton a research.

Some people say its too many carbs at lunch, some say it's about sleep, other say it's vitamin deficiencies. 

Generally speaking, when I get a really good nights sleep I don't crash on the afternoon.

If I do a big work out in the morning, eat too much at lunch and don't sleep well then I tend to crash.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

Have you measured your VO2, grip strength, and Apo-B??

No, i dont care.

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How much larger?

:DxD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI