Bazooka Jesus

Attacked by bison while tripping on mushrooms

23 posts in this topic

No, I am not making this up, lol.

Yesterday I was attacked by a hoard of wild bison while tripping balls on magic mushrooms in the middle of the Indian forest... it was a memorable day for sure, hah. - But let me start at the beginning:

I am currently visiting the misty hills of Kodaikanal in South India (we're actually above cloud level here); I've been staying in this place for one week now, and the first four days it's been raining buckets so that I didn't leave the hostel once (which was a good thing because I had horrible diarrhea this whole time, and the rain gave me the perfect excuse to just loaf around the hostel, take it easy and listen to some epic shamanic music.) But the day before yesterday the sun finally broke through the thick clouds, showering the trees with warm golden light and turning the whole place into a radiant green paradise... and since someone had given me a contact, I thought that the time had finally come to get my hands on some magic fungi and have a nice psychedelic sunshine trip in the heart of nature.

So yesterday I wandered into the forest, found a gorgeous clearing surrounded by gnarled and mossy trees, sat down on the grass and took the shrooms. And man, it was a beautiful experience; nothing too crazy, but very peaceful, solemn and and serene, getting in touch with the Great Mother and her sacred creation, the trees watching over me like giant old wise druids. After three hours, it started getting dark; I had just taken a few puffs of weed, was stoned out of my goddamn mind and sat there listening to the wonderfully transcendental Parsifal ouverture by Richard Wagner...

...when all of a sudden I saw three bison coming out of the bushes right across from where I sat. It actually took my spaced-out brain a couple of seconds before it managed to register and categorize the surreal apparition in front of me, but once the realization kicked in that I was looking at THREE F***ING BISON, my immediate next thought was "oh shit... should I just sit here quietly and hope they don't notice me or should I get up and run?!" The colossal animals were just standing there silently like three mighty guardians of the forest, fixing me with their gaze. When I shakily rose to my feet, I could notice them raising their heads. I started making a few cautious steps away from them... they made a couple of steps in my direction. I started slowly walking away... they started walking after me. I started to run... and they came charging right after me, chasing me down the long grassy slope that lead down to the road. I am not kidding when I say that they were less than one meter behind me; I could practically feel their breath in my neck. If I had gotten under their feet, they would have no doubt completely crushed me... these fellows meant business.

Right before reaching the road I had to jump over a stomped fence, toppled over it and landed face down in the dirt, all the while tripping absolute balls. I got up and staggered away in a total daze, hearing the puffs and grunts that the wild pack of bison I had just barely escaped were sending after me. After some seconds, the realization hit me that I had lost my phone while running like a goddamn madman down the slope; I also had left behind my bag and the can of water I had taken along. So ten minutes later, I mustered all of my courage and returned back to the entry at the battered fence, stepped over it and quietly sneaked back up through the grass, carefully hiding behind trees and trying to penetrate the darkness with my drunken gaze. Seeing a dog roaming around in the bushes, I took it as a sign that the bison were no longer there and made my way all the way up to the place where my bag an water were lying on the ground... but my phone was gone. I said "fuck it", grabbed my sh!t and got the hell out of there.

Walking down the forest road, I got lost at some point; not knowing where on earth I was (I could barely recall which part of the planet I was on, never mind the way back to the village), I finally sat down on a wall at the side of the road. All of a sudden the sheer absurdity of what I had just gone through fully hit me, and I started laughing hysterically until tears were streaming down my face, thinking "good God, nobody is going to believe this crazy story".

Eventually I found my way back to village and hostel and fell down on my bed, dead tired and still completely stunned by everything that had happened. And luckily, I found my phone when I went back this morning: it was lying right next to a tree, as if mother nature herself had guarded it during my absence.

Damn, what an amazing adventure. It was a memorable experience for sure... even though it's not even among my top five strangest psychedelic experiences ever, lmao!

Thank you, Great Spirit, for this crazy journey that I am on. It certainly is one heck of a roller coaster ride.

🙏

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Glad You didn't die!

Yup, me too. xD

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Walking down the forest road, I got lost at some point; not knowing where on earth I was (I could barely recall which part of the planet I was on, never mind the way back to the village), I finally sat down on a wall at the side of the road. All of a sudden the sheer absurdity of what I had just gone through fully hit me, and I started laughing hysterically until tears were streaming down my face, thinking "good God, nobody is going to believe this crazy story".

It was interesting, and the fact that you could have died there via a bison or snake attack, or from starvation if you got lost, made it even more intriguing.

Your experience made me contemplate life a bit. Perhaps one of the reasons why God allows us to experience extreme forms of shit and horrors is because it makes human life more interesting. If we know for sure we're safe until we die, yes it feels comfortable and peaceful, but it lacks challenges, surprises, and "life". Knowing that we could get fucked, starve, or experience extreme horror makes human life more interesting, "fuller", and more real.  

This is why I don't trip outside of the house

2 hours ago, jimwell said:

Your experience made me contemplate life a bit. Perhaps one of the reasons why God allows us to experience extreme forms of shit and horrors is because it makes human life more interesting. If we know for sure we're safe until we die, yes it feels comfortable and peaceful, but it lacks challenges, surprises, and "life". Knowing that we could get fucked, starve, or experience extreme horror makes human life more interesting, "fuller", and more real.  

Eeeeeeeeexactly!

A life that is too secure is no life at all. In fact, I am willing to bet that one of the main reasons for our modern Western depression epidemic is that our lives are much too regulated, sanitized and secure, and that we are dealing with the wrong kinds of risks and stress factors (like public shaming, being constantly monitored, the risk of "falling through the cracks" and ending up homeless etc). A healthy dose of appropiate danger makes life meaningful and exciting; without risk there is no adventure, and without adventure existence would be absolutely pointless.

I also feel that what I encountered yesterday was a very archetypal and primal human experience... when you think about it, it's no different than what our ancestors were dealing with on a daily basis. Was it dangerous? Yes. But it was also real and raw, the kind of stuff that makes you remember what it truly means to be alive on this planet. Call me crazy (which I most probably am), but I wouldn't have missed this archaic adventure for anything!

56 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Your loss, my friend. ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@StarStruck

46 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

This.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

This is what bro saw

Sky_Bison.jpg

Paint the fur pitch black and it gets close, lol.

Why so serious?

@MarkKol 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

This is what bro saw

Sky_Bison.jpg

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Okay I'll ask the question everybody wants to know,

Are you sure it was real?

I explain, one day I took a little dose of magic mushroom outside in a tiny forest around the city, the mushroom told me to climb a little montain so I go there and slowly climb it to the top. 
When I got there as I watched the beautifull landscape, I saw a godamn deer in front of me. I tried to grab my phone to record it but he ran away and impossible for me to find it back..

The funny fact about this story is that I was maybe 2km away from a big city, it was a little montain and all around it was the city so to this very day I still wonder if what I saw was real or an ultra realistic hallucination.

I believe magic mushrooms can do this so maybe it's a possibility you hallucinated these bison who knows..

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

I believe magic mushrooms can do this so maybe it's a possibility you hallucinated these bison who knows..

Lol, no fucking way. I have been tripping countless times on shrooms and acid, and never did I have anything close to an autonomous psychedelic entity encounter (not even on DMT), much less something that was indistinguishable from real life creatures.

And when I returned this morning, I saw that the ground was heavily churned up  by hooves (not to mention big puddles of dried bison poo), so... no way José.

Why so serious?

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Lol, no fucking way. I have been tripping countless times on shrooms and acid, and never did I have anything close to an autonomous psychedelic entity encounter (not even on DMT), much less something that was indistinguishable from real life creatures.

And when I returned this morning, I saw that the ground was heavily churned up  by hooves (not to mention big puddles of dried bison poo), so... no way José.

Ahah okay got you, churned up ground doesn't lie indeed xD
I said that because there are certain hallucinogen or deliriant like Datura that can induce very real hallucination where you can't distinguish from real life but anyway,
I find that when I take magic mushroom out in nature it tends to produce encounter with wild animals more often, I could theorize it creates some kind of field around us that attracts animals or something like that, difficult to put it into words but that's something I definitely noticed a lot during my outdoor trips..

@Lynx

Yeah well, Datura isn't just any old psychedelic... it's called the devils seed for a reason. (Actually the guy who sold me the mushrooms asked me if I want some Datura... I just looked at him bewildered and said "um yeah, NO!")

21 minutes ago, Lynx said:

I find that when I take magic mushroom out in nature it tends to produce encounter with wild animals more often, I could theorize it creates some kind of field around us that attracts animals or something like that, difficult to put it into words but that's something I definitely noticed a lot during my outdoor trips..

Hm, interesting... now that's another story. Who knows, there might be something to it; after all, mushrooms definitely put you in touch with nature, so maybe it isn't to far fetched to speculate that it also puts nature in touch with you... and makes it chase you down a slope of grass, lmao. :P

Why so serious?

7 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Right before reaching the road I had to jump over a stomped fence, toppled over it and landed face down in the dirt, all the while tripping absolute balls.

Meta trippin’ O.o

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

A life that is too secure is no life at all.

Reminds me of the time when I was a "premium" salary slave. I stayed in a large mansion situated on top of a hill, overlooking other hills. The temperature there was perfect, ranging from 18 to 23 degrees Celsius, which are Japanese Spring and Autumn temperatures. I slept on a king-size bed, complete with a private shower and toilet. I had a chef who prepared my meals and a helper who maintained the mansion's cleanliness. My food, electricity, and water were provided for free. And I almost forgot to mention that the mansion is located in a top tourist spot in my country. I was living a luxurious life. The only thing I needed to do was manage the school and teach English to Japanese learners who wanted to experience a premium vacation in my home country.

But after only 2 months, I started to feel dull and depressed. I thought I still needed to do more internal work or self-therapy. I was concerned because I was too busy during that time, leaving no room for anything else, including any form of internal work.

One day after work, I glanced through a large glass window and witnessed rainwater falling heavily. I couldn't hear the rain due to the thick walls and windows surrounding me. Intrigued, I decided to step onto the open balcony. There, I could see and hear the rain directly, without the barrier of a glass window. After spending 30 minutes observing the rain, the dull and depressed feelings disappeared. Then I experienced a feeling of aliveness and excitement. It was at that moment I realized NOT ALL forms of depression are caused by childhood trauma or abuse. External factors such as lifestyle or being disconnected from nature can also contribute to depression.

9 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

So yesterday I wandered into the forest, found a gorgeous clearing surrounded by gnarled and mossy trees, sat down on the grass and took the shrooms. And man, it was a beautiful experience; nothing too crazy, but very peaceful, solemn and and serene, getting in touch with the Great Mother and her sacred creation, the trees watching over me like giant old wise druids.

Sounds romantic. :D

I plan to do that in the future. Firstly, I'll go to a beautiful park or place somewhere in NEA. Then I'll witness and feel the beauty, sacredness, and mystery of existence, similar to what I shared below. 

And then, at the peak of the moment, I'll take a psychedelic. That would be a hallelujah! I feel excited just thinking about it.

jheez that's nuts! glad you're okay dude

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback