ivankiss

Why YOU can't be GOD.

333 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ivankiss said:

YOU cannot be GOD because the finite cannot be the infinite.

Finete can be the finite. How is this posible at all?

@Thought Art There is light, there is enlightenment, but no enlightened people, no enlightened I's or You's. 

There is isness. There is being. And no you in it.

There is God. And you are not it.

@ivankiss You are it. 

It’s a God “I” a universal “Self”. 

There are Enlightened people, as far as the dream is concerned. 

You are It. 

When you aren’t there and only God is there then what is the case is God. Therefore, it’s you.

Sneaky little dualist here. There is no actual difference between you and God except what you’re imagining

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Thought Art There is light, there is enlightenment, but no enlightened people, no enlightened I's or You's. 

There is isness. There is being. And no you in it.

There is God. And you are not it.

This is how you maintain a self, and subjective consciousness. There is nothing wrong or right with it. No judgment here, I've done it for countless lifetimes.

When you want to be infinity, its as simple as accepting infinity is infinite, there is nothing that is not infinity, including your self-concept. Slowly but surely reality will line up, if you let it, because reality is represented in your mind.

@BlueOak Right, no. I think you’re not understanding what I am saying. 

Buck stops with you. God is the only being in existence. It is consciousness and consciousness can be aware of what it is. It’s not personal, but it’s absolute.

I am not talking about identifying as an ego… but the ground of reality itself. The fundamental truth, the Tao, Infinity. 

It’s you. Like, here you are existing imaging God as something other than existence. That’s insanity. 

Ramana Maharshi for example speaks of the three normal states we exist as… Waking, sleeping and dreaming. What I am pointing to is the stateless state which is true under all circumstances at all times regardless if anything ever.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Thought Art No. 

That there is a YOU or an I... is what God is imagining.

No, you’re imaging that. Haha we could play this game forever. 

Night everyone, be well stay healthy.

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@BlueOak Right, no. I think you’re not understanding what I am saying. 

Buck stops with you. God is the only being in existence. It is consciousness and consciousness can be aware of what it is. It’s not personal, but it’s absolute.

I am not talking about identifying as an ego… but the ground of reality itself. The fundamental truth, the Tao, Infinity. 

It’s you. Like, here you are existing imaging God as something other than existence. That’s insanity. 

My reply was to Ivankiss, but this thread is a pattern so I will run with it. You are both looking at two sides of the same thing and saying that can't be true.

Infinity is everything yes. It can imagine a self-concept if it wants to, and perceive a separation if it wants to. Its infinite, it can be anything and do anything.  I'm going to say there is a subtle resistance in you to the concept of a self-existing. Like somehow you think that impossible. When nothing is impossible. Of course there is resistance in ivankiss too, because they believe they cannot be the self and infinity, just like you do

Quote from “Be as you Are” By David Godman and Ramana Maharshi 

The Self  This is the term that he used the most frequently. He defined it by saying that the real Self or real “I” is, contrary to perceptible experience, not an experience of individuality but a non-personal, all inclusive awareness. It is not to be confused with the individual self which he said was essentially non-existent, being a fabrication of the mind which obscures the true experience of the real Self. He maintained that the Self is always present and always experienced but he emphasized that one is only consciously aware of it as it really is when the self-limiting tendencies of the mind have ceased. Permanent and continuous Self awareness is known as Self-Realization”

◭"89"

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Read very carefully. This is so simple and straightforward that it will probably fly over your head. The importance of it, however, cannot be stressed enough.

YOU cannot ever be GOD.

There is no space for YOU in GOD.

If there is YOU, there is no GOD.

If there is GOD, there is no YOU.

If there is you, there is also I. There is them too. There is this and there is that. There is here and there is over there.

Can you see how none of that can be GOD?

Only GOD can be GOD. And is.

GOD is not an identity. Not an entity. Not a place in time. Not an activity or an appearance.

It is Pure Being. Pure Isness. Pure Consciousness. 

Nothing more or less.

It cannot be pointed towards, because the finger that's doing the pointing is also it. There is nothing but it in existence. YOU cannot be it, because YOU are a defined, limited, finite construct. And GOD is undefined, limitless and infinite.

What you can do, is realize that the deeper you're willing to let go of yourself, of this YOU character... the more of GOD there will be.

Why So serious? Relax, be You, be fine with It. Is God Bitching around telling people to " read very carefully? BE very carefree instead, if the infinite allows the existence of Finite and You or "Me" Who am I to Piss on its work? Let it be

6 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Why So serious? Relax, be You, be fine with It. Is God Bitching around telling people to " read very carefully? BE very carefree instead, if the infinite allows the existence of Finite and You or "Me" Who am I to Piss on its work? Let it be

Yes, sure, relax, be you. Just don't delude yourself into believing you're God. That's the whole point.

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Read very carefully. This is so simple and straightforward that it will probably fly over your head. The importance of it, however, cannot be stressed enough.

YOU cannot ever be GOD.

There is no space for YOU in GOD.

If there is YOU, there is no GOD.

If there is GOD, there is no YOU.

If there is you, there is also I. There is them too. There is this and there is that. There is here and there is over there.

Can you see how none of that can be GOD?

Only GOD can be GOD. And is.

GOD is not an identity. Not an entity. Not a place in time. Not an activity or an appearance.

It is Pure Being. Pure Isness. Pure Consciousness. 

Nothing more or less.

It cannot be pointed towards, because the finger that's doing the pointing is also it. There is nothing but it in existence. YOU cannot be it, because YOU are a defined, limited, finite construct. And GOD is undefined, limitless and infinite.

What you can do, is realize that the deeper you're willing to let go of yourself, of this YOU character... the more of GOD there will be.

I believe it would be more accurate to say I am…

41 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Quote from “Be as you Are” By David Godman and Ramana Maharshi 

The Self  This is the term that he used the most frequently. He defined it by saying that the real Self or real “I” is, contrary to perceptible experience, not an experience of individuality but a non-personal, all inclusive awareness. It is not to be confused with the individual self which he said was essentially non-existent, being a fabrication of the mind which obscures the true experience of the real Self. He maintained that the Self is always present and always experienced but he emphasized that one is only consciously aware of it as it really is when the self-limiting tendencies of the mind have ceased. Permanent and continuous Self awareness is known as Self-Realization”

Gratitude for the words. I would like some days for people like yourself to recommend a few teachers, there could be a nice area of the forum for people to make a list.

A hopefully helpful suggestion. When someone perceives a self and anyone takes the polar opposite response to it, the duality becomes the focus. It is created because both are living a reinforced experiential reality. Arguing the entire existence of a self to the self, or the totality of infinity to infinity, against a reality entirely shaped by the mind is very difficult. Instead, taking a perspective as your own, you are already halfway to collapsing the duality, which I should also have done with yours. (I only took one half). I apologize.

I used to wade into these debates, trying to get both parts of the duality to collapse it, though here it was completely accidental with the mis communication :D, and certainly not my intent. All the best to you both.

Edited by BlueOak

God is everything. There's no aspect of existence, reality, your reality that isn't God. Stop trying to pretend any particle of anything is anything but God. Every thought, every glance out of your eye, , every drop in temperature, everything. You cannot escape yourself. Don't take this to believe your human understanding of the world around you is God's understanding however. 

@BlueOak Good points. I’ll try to do better myself going forward.

◭"89"

We can make a distinction between being God, which is what we are anyway, and realising that we're God, which is partly what Actualized.org is about.

In order to realise that we're God, we must first realise that what we think we are is not God. Most of the time people don't think that they're God so this is fairly straightforward, but it helps to reiterate it here because there are all kinds of people wandering around telling each other that they are God, which can confuse the mind, which is good but people can also latch on to it as a belief, which is not realisation.

Actually one thing I hadn't thought of, which is so obvious that I missed it, is that the average person's mind would also have to drop the existing belief that it's not God :) Huh... interesting.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

Let me ask AI Leo for a definitive answer on this, brb

AI Leo is currently under maintenance, so here’s another insight to feed your fancies:

Awakening doesn’t look like any one particular formulation. The Substance of Everything includes Nothingness. 1 + 0 = 2 numbers

Okay, back to the real debate…

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 hours ago, Davino said:

However I say 3, even when there is personal separate "I" or ego, that IS. That exists.

12 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Except that it does not, really.

You deny the obvious. Before you listened to all this brainwashing ideas of awakening, wouldn't have you bet your life for being a separate human being...? Isn't that what everybody does in your everyday interactions? Go ask you mother and see!

You live in fantasy land, not in constant direct experience. Sure you have seen the truth, and now in memory you project it on to another state of consciousness. You are stuck. You are trying to freeze consciousness into one particular frame. Reality flows and in all forms you need to recognise the One. In the higest as well as in the lowest, in all infinity there is just God.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Jesus… finally got AI Leo to work again. He said:

Ignorance is bliss.

You’d be dead-Infinity knowing everything.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI