Insightful27

What Is the Most Valuable Experience I Can Expose Myself To?

13 posts in this topic

After watching Leo's video about exposing yourself to more life experience, I have decided to dedicate 2024 to gaining as much new life experience as I can. For context, I am an 18-year-old college student in the US. What kind of experience can I expose myself to that will grow me the most? Here is what I have started.

- 10-day vipassana meditation retreat

- Study abroad next spring

- Solo backpacking trip

Open to any and all suggestions, let em fly!

Expose yourself to a breakup. Counterintuitive advice, as many are searching for a  a healthy and stable one. 

An unhealthy relationship can teach you a lot about yourself.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Are those things you have already done? Everyone has different experiences growing up. So it is important to know what you have already experienced in life and in which direction you want your life to go.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Expose yourself to a breakup. Counterintuitive advice, as many are searching for a  a healthy and stable one. 

Unfortunately for the ego, the most valuable experiences that you will have in life will be the most painful ones

A tough pill to swallow, but its true

@Insightful27 Your ideas are great, you should do all of them

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

18 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

What kind of experience can I expose myself to that will grow me the most? 

I've been thinking about writing a post answering this question for a long time.

In my exploration and as unbiased as possible opinion, I'm solid to say that Martial Arts are the one activity that will grow you the most if you are a young masculine man.

I cannot express how different your body and mind will be if you give jiu-jitsu, taekwondo or boxing a serious opportunity into your life. You will have an amazing time, you will become confident, you will make amazing man friends and a great sense of healthy camaraderie in the gym, you will become comfortable in uncomfortable situations, you will become body aware and grounded, you will become powerful and non violent, you will become a warrior. It will humble you by being beaten and teach you patience and perseverance through time. So many things... If you are really interested tell me and I'll write the post 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:49 PM, Yimpa said:

Funny you say that, I just went through a toxic relationship and breakup a few months ago—definitely an opportunity for growth and self-reflection. 

12 hours ago, universe said:

Are those things you have already done? Everyone has different experiences growing up. So it is important to know what you have already experienced in life and in which direction you want your life to go.

No those are things that I plan on doing, should've made that more clear.

7 hours ago, Davino said:

In my exploration and as unbiased as possible opinion, I'm solid to say that Martial Arts are the one activity that will grow you the most if you are a young masculine man.

I got my first strip in Jiu Jitsu a couple of months ago! It has been such an amazing experience and I can't believe more people don't talk about it in self-improvement circles.

7 hours ago, Davino said:

If you are really interested tell me and I'll write the post 

I would love to hear more about it. Gives me something to keep me motivated while I'm still starting out...

5 hours ago, Insightful27 said:

I got my first strip in Jiu Jitsu a couple of months ago! It has been such an amazing experience and I can't believe more people don't talk about it in self-improvement circles.

It blows my mind how this is not common knowledge. Beyond personal bias, Martial Arts are the most efficient tool for personal growth given that you are masculine and realtively healthy.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Davino said:

Martial Arts are the one activity that will grow you the most if you are a young masculine man.

This is great advice, thank you for posting! 

I'll be searching for a class next week 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior