thenondualtankie

Experience with psychedelic communities, societies or clubs?

11 posts in this topic

I’ve never been to one before. However, I’ve done ketamine assisted therapy. Great for psychedelic newbies and those who have a bunch of trauma they need to seriously address.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I used to go to their meetups in Berlin couple of years back when I was just getting into psychedelics. Interesting place where you can meet all sorts of colorful characters (as is to be expected ^_^).

Why so serious?

5 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

Sick!! could you tell me more? did you get much new age dogma vibes?

No, not at all. The guy who was organizing the meetups was a super down to earth dude (even though - or maybe because - he was/is a Buddhist) and decidedly anti woo-woo, and far from glorifying psychedelics wholesale. He was especially critical of the 5-Meo DMT "hype" of recent years (even though he himself had a lot of experience with the substance). They also had interesting guest speakers like semi-famous Youtubers etc. who gave talks on various subjects and substances.

I should clarify that the name of the meetups was "Der Psychedelische Salon" (The Psychedelic Salon), but as I understood it, they were connected to the Psychedelic Society... but don't quote me on that. ;)

Hope you'll have fun!

Why so serious?

23 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Bazooka Jesus why he was critical to 5 meo dmt?

Because it can fry your brain and derail your life if you're not prepared for it, or misuse it for spiritual bypassing.

Why so serious?

Yes, they usually are great people, more conscious than most other groups you can search for

Definitely great places to hang out. Always the potential to meet very interesting people. Sometimes really great events, sometimes more basic and not really advanced or insightful. I'll be in London towards the end of the month and might go to 1-2 events. 

Otherwise a great way to connect with the UK community is to go to all the festivals. Super fun and you'll meet the same people everywhere. Medicine Festival, All about Love, LoveJam, Noisily, Buddhafield. Otherwise, many of the psychedelic people are also gonna be at the Jam Sessions and Spiritual Events (like a teacher's talk) that are going on. Depending on your preferences (hippie, science, spiritual, etc) you'll find a place and community that suits you. It's fun and infinitely valuable to connect and build your network.