Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caspex

Please Change My Username

9 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I have had trouble recently acquiring a job due to them checking up on my social media presence online. My only presence online is that of my YouTube channel and this forum. While I understand that it likely had to do with my YouTube channel, I'd also like to change my username on this forum so this account is not associated with my name to avoid any future troubles related to privacy. Due to my unique name, it's quite easy to simply search up my full name online and find my account on this forum in the search results along with some of my posts.

I understand that I should have been more responsible with my online presence but I am young and only am just starting to care about online privacy. I read the rules before joining the forum and understood I couldn't change my username, however I request you to please make an exception, and change my username to "caspex".

I am sorry if this is a bother as I have seen many more requests pop-up recently.
I do not intend to abuse my name change nor do I have any history of creating trouble on this forum, please accept my request.

I have already dmed you a few days ago, one of the mods suggested to post it in the forums so you see my request.

@Leo Gura Pretty please?

21-honorable-mention.gif?resize=500,250&

This must be the most polite and justified request ever. :)

On 30.12.2023 at 9:54 PM, Swarnim said:

I have had trouble recently acquiring a job due to them checking up on my social media presence online.

Holy shite... that is some Orwellian BS right there. o.O

May I ask what kind of a job you were applying to? And how did you find out that they looked you up online?

Why so serious?

You really have to be posting the most racist shit ever to be denied a job because of your YouTube channel.

On 2/1/2024 at 0:14 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

Holy shite... that is some Orwellian BS right there. o.O

May I ask what kind of a job you were applying to? And how did you find out that they looked you up online?

@Bazooka Jesus At this point I wouldn't wanna reveal any information about myself as the job is quite decriptive so all I am gonna see is that it was religious in nature. Only reason I wanted this job was because my friend worked in the same. My friend told me about why I wasn't accepted despite him vouching for me. 

@Leo Gura Please respond to my request.

1 minute ago, Swarnim said:

@Bazooka Jesus At this point I wouldn't wanna reveal any information about myself as the job is quite decriptive so all I am gonna see is that it was religious in nature. Only reason I wanted this job was because my friend worked in the same. My friend told me about why I wasn't accepted despite him vouching for me.

Lol... well, that's religious institutions for you.

To be fair, in this context I can kind of understand why they would want to investigate about your worldview; when you're running a Christian church, you probably want to make sure that the priest you're going to hire isn't secretly a Satanist, lol. But still, this spying after your employee's online activities leaves a bad taste in my mouth... which is exactly why I would steer clear of any kind of jobs at religious institutions.

But you do you, brother.

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

But still, this spying after your employee's online activities leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

It's a very common practice, so common it would scare you. I know this from direct experience. The higher the position you are applying to, the more in depth the investigation of your online activities is.

Edited by Davino

1 hour ago, Davino said:

The higher the position you are applying to, the more in depth the investigation of your online activities is.

People are simply jealous of you

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I will handle this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.