Javfly33

Phone anxiety

8 posts in this topic

It seems this one is imposible to beat! No Matter how much personal growth i do i get utter fear when calling today for a mechanic for my car lmao

I think this kind of anxiety is one of those reptilian ones. Like having fear to snakes. You cant just beat this ones... They should not count for a meter of your personal growth

I want to hear opinions on this. 

If your phone needs a mechanic, then my car needs a therapist :ph34r:

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Anxiety when calling 

Lol. I have that too. It's probably a sign of super intelligence hehe. 

I wonder how many people have this tho. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Why are you afraid of calling the mechanic?

They are there to solve your problem. Is it because they are sometimes loud and rude?

21 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

It seems this one is imposible to beat! No Matter how much personal growth i do i get utter fear when calling today for a mechanic for my car lmao

I used to get so nervous before calls all that came out was word salad. Like with any fear, the more you face it, the smaller it gets. Don't even try to send them an email. In fact, make calls whenever you get the opportunity.

9 hours ago, hyruga said:

Is it because they are sometimes loud and rude?

lol

22 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I think this kind of anxiety is one of those reptilian ones. Like having fear to snakes. You cant just beat this ones... They should not count for a meter of your personal growth

I want to hear opinions on this. 

My opinion is that you so habitually lie to yourself, that any kind of real personal growth is difficult for you.

This is a crock of shit.  If you don't want to feel anxiety calling a mechanic, then focus on real personal growth, not whatever bullshit passes for personal growth in your delusions.

"Reptilian" - for fuck's sake, what a silly cope.

It may be ASD. I used to find talking on the phone excruciating. Even the thought of making a phone call or taking one gave me a lot of anxiety. Even now I'd take meeting someone face to face over phone calls - and video calls are much easier. It's the lack of cues, the crummy audio quality, and the need to make decisions on the spot sometimes - it's a very immediate medium. However, I've had to do it so much with work, that I've largely overcome the anxiety. Practice makes perfect that would be my suggestion: work in a call centre lol.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

I also have approach anxiety myself. The solution is clear - follow your intuition and repeatedly expose yourself to your fear. Let it happen.

Let anything happen, really. 

I called to get my appliance inspected. Mid way thru the phone call I made a stupid joke; I laughed like an evil villain afterwards for no reason at all. The person on the other line was too focused on what she was doing to even notice or react to it.

No one was murdered and I got my appointment setup ^__^

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI