matoriii

Why we feel shame ?

28 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You tell us.

One essential element of shame is relation to the past. It occurs relative to a past occurrence.

And the beauty of the past is it’s not set in stone. A past  that may have been traumatized for decades can be significantly altered.

Think of how many different types of screenplays, drafts, and alternate versions there are for every movie script ever written.

It may sound ridiculous to account for every countless writer, yet consider how we are able to be conscious of there even being countless writers to begin with!

18 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Guilt/shame/unworthyness/self-judgement is an act of whipping yourself. Caused by the belief that some part of you has no right to exist. 

This also applies to when we do the same to others. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

27 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

This also applies to when we do the same to others

Yea. 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

And the beauty of the past is it’s not set in stone. A past  that may have been traumatized for decades can be significantly altered.

And the past exists now as a concept. As such, the concept can be recontextualized and altered.

Shame is the emotions that something shouldn't be. Like your pants fall down and you get embarrassed in front of people you know. It is a social emotions linked to survival and trying to fit in.

@Basman No . You know and im sure you know anything can be cool , you make it so , the same as when you respect you others respect you . Its not what you say or do . One person can speak aboutt salad and be accepted while other can try so hard and fail . Explain that to me  . Its all about self worth and you know it . Call it confidence feeling good enough whatever . Either you set the frame whats good enough or you are people pleaser trying to adapt to me and i am pimping you out . Either way its you judging yourself nobody or nothing can give you shame if you dont let it . 

On 16/12/2023 at 1:41 AM, matoriii said:

Whats the thought pattern behind it ??

It all boils down to Self-Love that is the root, depending on where you are in the spectrum in each moment some things come up or other things come up, simple as that

19 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

And the past exists now as a concept. As such, the concept can be recontextualized and altered.

The past exists now… sheesh. I never thought of it like that before, thank you.

I also feel a sense of shame for communicating harshly to @VeganAwake on one of his comments (see post below).

Yet, @Javfly33 came to the rescue “in the future” via the next reply after mine and recontexualized my judgement to an act of compassion and love, giving a fuller and more nuanced perspective. 

Thank you everyone for being your true selves :x 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

shame is the extent you lie to the world about who you are

shameless is being uncompromisingly you

i give not an eff who sees me

thus we feel shame to play the game of social climbing

Edited by gettoefl