Breakingthewall

Fear

26 posts in this topic

I see the spiritual path divided into two stages. The first stage is to solve the human enigma and that basically means letting go of fear.

Being human is not a joke, it is not an easy game. A lot of shit happened and can happen. We have to understand a lot of things, the need of survive, the fear to other humans,  the need for acceptance, security, belonging, permanence... and let go of them. As long as this work is not done, you are in the realm of the mind, in the human matrix. The only way to let go of fear, for me, is total acceptance of life, realizing that you are on a mystical path, on a mission that is being done. you can let go of control. This does not make you lower your guard, on the contrary, your vigilance increases, what decreases and must disappear is your evasion. We have to look at life, at the existence that is happening now, without any filter.

After this comes the second stage, the true exploration, the true depth into what this, now, is. This moment, which seems like a normal moment that is passing to end up in a future, under that appearance, is unfathomable depth, and that depth is alive. This living depth is wild and wonderful, it is unfathomable, an endless abyss of existence alive. We have to open ourself to it. For both stage 1 and 2, psychedelics are extremely useful.

Don't fool yourself, it is very difficult to overcome stage 1, but it is possible. It's the work that we have to do, then the real mysticism comes. But going to the step 2 before to finish the step 1...confusion, stagnation, problems. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

For some, the step 1 is easier to achieve. They are the ones who undergo so much suffering that they give up the fight against fate easily and surrender their ego.

2 hours ago, An young being said:

For some, the step 1 is easier to achieve. They are the ones who undergo so much suffering that they give up the fight against fate easily and surrender their ego.

It may be, but in most cases it is something that has to be done consciously and it is very difficult, there are atavistic instincts involved, and evasion mechanisms that are difficult to detect.

A change in vital frequency, an abandonment of control, has to occur. control manifests itself in the bubble formed by mental flow that constantly interprets the present moment. This bubble is a grip, a control point with which the self anchors itself to reality. to dissolve it is to abandon control and open to the now without interpretation. Dissolve the difference between inside and outside.

Please make posts about the transition from yellow to turquoise as and when they come to mind. It's appreciated as it's directly what I am looking for, as to why I stepped off that path last time.

How do you personally deal with a direct and immediate threat that happens unexpectedly, and could happen again? There are lots of people in that situation across the world where some level of danger is unavoidable, so if I keep the question generalized it will apply to more situations.

How is fear not the first reaction you experience?

Thanks. 
@Breakingthewall

Edited by BlueOak

2 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

How do you personally deal with a direct and immediate threat that happens unexpectedly, and could happen again?

In order to abandon yourself you have to truly realize that your life path is deliberate. This is a process that occurs, something that you see little by little until it is obvious. You have to be open to what happens, while still having a vigilant attitude, zero negligence and my part is already done. So let things develop as they should.

24 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

In order to abandon yourself you have to truly realize that your life path is deliberate. This is a process that occurs, something that you see little by little until it is obvious. You have to be open to what happens, while still having a vigilant attitude, zero negligence and my part is already done. So let things develop as they should.

Thank you. 

Method is much less important than result.

1 minute ago, BlueOak said:

Thank you. 

Method is much less important than result.

3 hours ago, An young being said:

No method works, it is something that has to make its way into your life, a real realization. No one can teach you anything, only you can see it. The only thing you can do is encourage openness by wanting it. That's how it works for me at least

I agree. It's the case that one must start to see things clearly before one can start letting go. Whether it be mastering/accepting/letting go of the human condition or be it the true exploration of what reality is, it's all about seeing clearly, the truth.

In my experience, I have only been able to let go and accept things, when I have seen the broader picture, many many times. Only then does my heart and my mind yield. Seeing the bigger picture just once is not enough.

Profound stuff, thanks for sharing. Some people spent almost their whole lives just dissolving stage 1, with some peaks or experiences of stage 2. But as you said with stage 1 still fully active, this incongruence brings confusion, false hopes. Like an inmigrant from África arriving at the coast of Spain, seeing the new civilization for some hours to get them deported at the Next day back to where they started. 

I feel understanding the stage 1 as something that is there as a stepping Stone for stage 2 helps to be focused on not fight It or be scared of It, so one doesn't fall to those avoidance mechanisms anymore, realizing that is precisely what you have to through, the fear of the thoughts that your ex husband left you with a younger more pretty chick, well most humans crush with this. They those thoughts shouldnt be there, they try to numb them with experiences, or therapy, or a lot of avoidance mechanisms. Imo, When the water is boiling, is precisely where you need to keep going within, meditate, surrender, flow, trust. I believe at one point the stage 1 becomes your true reality, you get confortable with the fear, you fully go Deep into that, not to heal It, because theres nothing to heal, and that is all mind and psychological, but with a respect for It. Everytime the thoughts of your ex husband leaving you for the chick appear, you open your body, your heart, you meditate, etc...anything to let know the first stage that you are on the mission, you are the warrior, you understand the game.

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Like an inmigrant from África arriving at the coast of Spain, seeing the new civilization for some hours to get them deported at the Next day back to where they started

9 hours ago, BlueOak said:

12 hours ago, An young being said:

Yes and then he tells himself and other Africans wrong stories 

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

you are the warrior, you understand the game.

Exactly, when you start to understand the game and things happen, there are setbacks, serious problems, you see clearly how they have emerged in your experience and you feel that they have a purpose. These problems could be the gestapo arresting you to torture you, anything. The dance of life is harmonizing. Life is giving you tests so that you can equalize, react when necessary but not resist.

Then there comes a time when the bubble of mental flow that keeps you isolated blurs. Isolated means that there is separation between exterior and interior, between you and what is not you. this is the self. dropping the self is something that requires a process but when it happens it is in an instant. Then it comes back, but you already know that it is possible and what true freedom is. Once the goal is clear, if there is the will to truly live, it is only a matter of time. Once the dissolution is a fact, it is when going deeper and investigating reality is possible.

it's all true. However, you should never be under the illusion that a stage has ended. The guiding principle of yin-yang governs self-discovery in realm of duality. The whiter you become, the easier it is to miss the tiny hint of blackness that will never disappear as long as the show goes on. Just like Saint Peter swearing that he will not deny Jesus. Or Jesus himself experiencing moments of doubt on the cross. Never be sure that something is over. The only thing that is constant is change that sometimes bring surprising circumstances.

Making mistakes is an inherent feature of the path of self-discovery. You can't make a pot of clay without getting your hands dirty. You will always damage yourself, someone or something. The more you think you know something for sure. The truth is that everyone is doing the best they can at all times. We always judge the past, and most often it is not our own. The more aware you are of what this process is, the shallower the meanders of your journey. The one who wanders slowly fades away. All that's left is the path. You begin to understand Krishna's message to Arjuna about not getting attached to the consequences of your actions. It is easier the less your persona is involved in those.

1 hour ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

it's all true. However, you should never be under the illusion that a stage has ended. The guiding principle of yin-yang governs self-discovery in realm of duality. The whiter you become, the easier it is to miss the tiny hint of blackness that will never disappear as long as the show goes on. Just like Saint Peter swearing that he will not deny Jesus. Or Jesus himself experiencing moments of doubt on the cross. Never be sure that something is over. The only thing that is constant is change that sometimes bring surprising circumstances.

Sure, when it rains shit, you're sure to go back to survival mode, the thing is not to be in that mode when everything is stable. The self has a function, which is to keep you alive, but it puts its tendrils into our entire reality and turns us into vortexes of anxious energy and blockages.

It is difficult to be aware of the latent fear that is acting now, and how that fear is contained with the control of the self full time, without rest. Fear manifests in many ways, for example any need for self-evaluation, for narcissism, for shame, is fear, and as you have rightly said, it is a mistake to think that you have arrived. At least I don't think so, I think that I have started the process, the chain reaction that leads to total opening. I think that forcing the mystical opening when the self is still trapped in the psyche is a mistake, it is evasion and it leads to confusion. The opening gradually occurs naturally when the self loses energy, and you begin to be able to completely mix the interior with the exterior and that is where the deepening into the reality that we are begins.

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The opening gradually occurs naturally when the self loses energy, and you begin to be able to completely mix the interior with the exterior and that is where the deepening into the reality that we are begins

🎯😊

my simplistic take is

fear is to do with all your doing, love is to do with all your being

you present each moment either one or the other, this is your free will

love means the world does not touch you and you touch it

fear means the world keeps touching you and you are too scared to touch back

to touch the world is to let the world have its way whether good or bad

everything has been appointed for your good, you need to know this, in fact you designed it specifically

you fear because you think you know better

if someone slaps your left cheek then offer your right cheek

god lets rains fall on the good and the bad, he lets the blows rain down from the left and the right

Edited by gettoefl

47 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@gettoefl beautyfull❤️

i bless you kuba ... thank you for all your many insights here, i am very slowly figuring things out but writing it down definitely helps 🌹

On 02/12/2023 at 6:57 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Being human is not a joke, it is not an easy game. A lot of shit happened and can happen. We have to understand a lot of things, the need of survive, the fear to other humans,  the need for acceptance, security, belonging, permanence... and let go of them. As long as this work is not done, you are in the realm of the mind, in the human matrix. The only way to let go of fear, for me, is total acceptance of life, realizing that you are on a mystical path, on a mission that is being done. you can let go of control. This does not make you lower your guard, on the contrary, your vigilance increases, what decreases and must disappear is your evasion. We have to look at life, at the existence that is happening now, without any filter.

For me the 2 stages kind of merge. Or overlaps. I am doing psycadelics for around 7 years and reaching some awakenings and at same time dealing with very stage 1 stuff, as dealing with family shit, being patient, learning to set boudaries of every area, watching my mind playing tricks and watching the whole human drama around me, and yes, sometimes is of my making since I decided to be around the circles of people I am around, and in a certain level I see that the challenges and tests of dramas test the insigths I reach on inner journey, tests if I really underestood that Love is the Realization that there are no difference bettwen anything. And to be true, in daily life is hard to live by the most deep realizations. The judgments, the inpatience, the need to watch the whole freak show around and still keep the hearth open is not easy. 

Sometimes one must make the choice of being resilient or simply make the choice for the sake of the sanity of my own nervous system, of the health and yes of the survival of this body. And recongnize you cant and dont need to save anyone, and not even your body or self, but in the moment what you have is this, this life to express your gift, and this gift will not blossom unless you are health and fit and sane, even if is to be sane enogth for a total let go with 5Meo. 

Fear has gotta be in that first mandatory tier, for sure.  It’s been the final boss in my experience - before I was able to move to the next growth threshold. 

There is a YouTuber who is lesser known, but has high signal to noise ratio, and he mentioned something that connects to your post he said that fear, shame and guilt were the three toughest and most important emotions to clear ourselves of before moving ahead

I can see the logic in that, especially from people who came up in traumatic childhoods, because shame and guilt are still so deeply ingrained, along with fear, of course

Edited by mindfulstepz

7 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

watching my mind playing tricks

Yes, the thing is to leave all that behind and be totally clean. In my experience, if there's twisted shit in you, and there is in all humans, everything is going to be deceptive. 

5 hours ago, mindfulstepz said:

can see the logic in that, especially from people who came up in traumatic childhoods, because shame and guilt are still so deeply ingrained, along with fear, of course

Fear always exist, any complex life is afraid of ceasing to exist, it is a mechanism to exist as long as possible. shame and guilt come from primal fear. As humans we survive thanks to human society, without the acceptance of the tribe we are dead, in fact the survival of the tribe is more important than that of the individual. Feeling unworthy of being accepted by others is shame, and it is pure survival-level fear.