Leo Gura

Russia Bans LGBTQ

136 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

. Why such denial and obsession with trying to normalize something that obviously isn't natural 

Even if you consider LGBT as something defective or out of natural order, ( which is not true when you are open minded enough and take time to observe it logically) imagine a blind person whom scientists declare he can never get his vision back. Why do everyone encourage them to use a stick to navigate the world? Isn't it against nature since nobody uses a stick to move around or read letters with their hands instead of their eyes? Why isn't it seen as an ugly thing? Isn't having a stick disturbing to other people as they might accidentally touch or beat others with their sticks? Should they be banned from coming out of their homes for disturbing others? South Asians wipe their butts with fingers and still laugh at the western society for not using water to clean their asses.

Your fixed set of beliefs based on traditions, religions and even science has determined what is natural and what is not. There are several misconceptions about LGBT that is unscientific and they feel that their survival is being threatened by those misconceptions present everywhere. If they are given all the rights the same as you, all around the world, you can argue that they are creating chaos by their publicity actions. But that's not the case. Being a minority also doesn't help their cause. That's why it is reflected in the forms of pride marches and you are seeing them everywhere. You may think that it's just sex, it's not that important and wonder why not do it in private without announcing it to the world.  But it's not about sex. It's about family. Would you deprive yourself of the ability to have a partner and children of your own? Would you be able to have a family with another guy? ( assuming you are a straight guy). Do you think many can live happily alone without a romantic partner? Question your belief systems one by one without trying to be biased.

Thank you for your questions as this made me dive deeper into LGBT issues. These words are simply to make you think in a logical way and not to fall prey to your surrounding beliefs.

@An young being It's not that deep, really. I just think a group that is only 0.01 percent of the population is an outlier and should not represent the whole 

3 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

If it's so normal why don't you become gay? If it's no big deal 

You're not wrong.

You become gay by discovering that you are gay. It's not a normal process.

9 minutes ago, Understander said:

You're not wrong.

You become gay by discovering that you are gay. It's not a normal process.

You don't have to be gay to engage in gay activities 

18 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

@An young being It's not that deep, really. I just think a group that is only 0.01 percent of the population is an outlier and should not represent the whole 

Are they representing the whole of parliament or something like that?

1 hour ago, An young being said:

Are they representing the whole of parliament or something like that?

You're taking it too far. All I am saying is being gay is not normal. Thats it 

32 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

You're taking it too far. All I am saying is being gay is not normal. Thats it 

Okay, alright. Just try to look into the perspective that the lgbt content and voices you see everywhere is a reflection of the fear and stigma the society has created against them, labelling it as not normal only causes them more pain. Imagine one of the states of an enslaved country finally getting independence after years of harassment. They have the right to celebrate the new found independence for quite a long time, atleast till all other states of their country get complete independence and they are treated equally.

2 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

If it's so normal why don't you become gay? If it's no big deal 

Depending where youre from it can be not 'normal' in the sense that it is heavily stigmatized to be gay. You're open to public judgement, disapproval, losing friends, family, job opportunities etc. It can be a dominating, culture wide perspective 

It's normal in the sense that it's a normal human emotion to feel (same as straight feelings) 

But conservative, religious countries put strong negative judgements around a normal, human thing which keep many people in the closet hiding their sexuality, having (often unconscious) repressed sexual feelings, and exploring their sexuality 

Edited by Jacob Morres

3 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

Depending when youre from it can be not 'normal' in the sense that it is heavily stigmatized to be gay. You're open to public judgement, disapproval, losing friends, family etc. It can be a dominating, culture wide perspective 

It's normal in the sense that it's a normal human emotion to feel (same as straight feelings) 

But conservative, religious countries put strong negative judgements around a normal, human thing which keep many people in the closet hiding their sexuality, and having repressed sexual feelings 

Its better to say its not a normal way of life

Where does the stigma come from? Maybe theres some wisdom in it

4 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

Its better to say its not a normal way of life

Just playing semantics.. same logic applies 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Twentyfirst

Your questions have been answered in many different ways. Put in a little effort to understand them.

@Understander I don't have any questions. I am pretty firm in my belief about this. Imagine thinking that having two mothers or two dads is normal. Having a mother and a father is what is normal for natural biological reasons 

Just now, Twentyfirst said:

The wisdom is the result of survival response of being in groups and playing life safe. Any alien group looks intimidating at first. It's the same wisdom that created racism, which also existed for centuries.

1 minute ago, Twentyfirst said:

@Understander I don't have any questions. I am pretty firm in my belief about this. Imagine thinking that having two mothers or two dads is normal. Having a mother and a father is what is normal for natural biological reasons 

That's one of the important reasons why the stigma must be abolished, it affects the children in many ways.

13 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

chatgpt4: 

The stigma surrounding homosexuality has complex and varied origins, influenced by historical, cultural, religious, and societal factors. Here are some key aspects:

Historical Factors: Throughout history, many societies have had norms and laws that privilege heterosexual relationships, often viewing them as the only legitimate form of relationship. This has led to a marginalization of homosexuality.

Religious Influences: Many major religions, including Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, have traditionally viewed homosexual acts as immoral or sinful, based on their interpretations of religious texts. This religious stance has significantly influenced societal attitudes.

Cultural Norms and Traditions: In many cultures, traditional gender roles and expectations about family structure are closely tied to heterosexuality. Deviations from these norms, such as homosexuality, can be seen as threatening to the social order.

Lack of Understanding and Fear: Homophobia, the fear or hatred of homosexuals, often stems from a lack of understanding. Misconceptions and myths about homosexuality can lead to prejudice and discrimination.

Societal and Legal Discrimination: Historically, many societies have enacted laws that explicitly discriminate against homosexual individuals, reinforcing the notion that homosexuality is wrong or abnormal.

Psychological Theories: Earlier psychological theories pathologized homosexuality, treating it as a mental illness. Although this view has been largely discredited and abandoned by the mainstream medical and psychological communities, its legacy can still influence attitudes.

Media Representation: For a long time, media portrayals of LGBTQ+ individuals were either negative or nonexistent, which contributed to widespread misunderstanding and stereotyping.

Understanding the origins of this stigma is crucial for addressing and combating it, and for promoting a more inclusive and accepting society. The attitudes towards homosexuality have been changing in many parts of the world, with increasing acceptance and legal rights for LGBTQ+ individuals, but challenges and stigma persist in various forms.

6 minutes ago, An young being said:

That's one of the important reasons why the stigma must be abolished, it affects the children in many ways.

You wanna stigmatize people against the stigma

@Twentyfirst

Imagine thinking that you are wrong. Of course you will say that you might be wrong on other things and why should I change my beliefs. To which I'll agree with you.

You change the meaning of the words to justify why you don't like them, which I can respect.

Not caring about LGBT issues is different than trying to find reasons to view them as inferior.

Edited by Understander

11 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

You wanna stigmatize people against the stigma

Not stigmatize, but create laws and be compassionate. Be compassionate towards people like you for being affected because of the various reasons and beliefs as stated by the chatbot and scientists and be compassionate towards the LGBT people for all the suffering they have to undergo because of those beliefs.

28 minutes ago, An young being said:

Not stigmatize, but create laws and be compassionate. Be compassionate towards people like you for being affected because of the various reasons and beliefs as stated by the chatbot and scientists and be compassionate towards the LGBT people for all the suffering they have to undergo because of those beliefs.

The best sexual strategy for LGBT people in hardcore places like Russia is to do it under the table and behind closed doors